Bruised vein in finger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruised vein in finger

P5220053.JPG does anyone bruise veins in their fingers or hands. I did under this finger. the bruise moved around to the front. i do this off and on and usually when i do it, it hurts. this one i didn't even notice. i was dusting!! just wondering. (ignore my crooked finger) that is normal!

Ouch, that looks painful.

Comment

it can be when it happens. i usually rub it and then put ice. this one snuck up on me. swollen still but not as bad. darker than in the photo. I'm falling apart! he, he.

Comment

Not yet. It's probably a matter of time. Glad it doesn't hurt.

Comment

You did this dusting??? Man, housework can kill you. 😆

Comment

I have always bruised easily, even before I was on a baby aspirin a day. I usually don't know what happened when I find a bruise. For example I was brushing my teeth the other night and thought I missed some dirt on my wrist after potting some plants. Nope, there's a bruise about 2" in diameter. I have no idea where it cam from.
            Carlie

Comment

We used to joke that my grandmother could bruise her shins just walking past a piece of furniture. In his later years, my father-in-law's hands bruised very easily, to the point where he started to avoid shaking hands with people. He was the friendliest person on the planet, who spent his adulthood as a sales rep, so walking into a room full of people and being unable to shake hands was not fun for him. In retirement he went to mass every day with a small group of older folks, and even passing the peace became difficult. His poor hands were black and purple for a week after my mother-in-law's wake and funeral. He never complained about pain, but the bruises just looked awful. The docs said it was just old age - the small blood vessels in his hands must have become weakened.

As for dusting - well, it's probably a good deal safer if you stop ALL forms of housework and just concentrate on sewing. 😁

Comment

• am2901
                am2901 commented
                Editing a comment
                SallyO'Sews, I like your comment, "As for dusting - well, it's probably a good deal safer if you stop ALL forms of housework and just concentrate on sewing." If only we could!

Yes, I do that occasionally too, most of the time in the knuckle area. But never did the bruise migrate to the back side of my finger. I agree they hurt.

Comment

I don't have time now to do an internet search, but if it were me, I'd be looking for answers. Have you asked your dr. about this? Are you on blood thinners, taking a lot of vitamin C, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc. Review any medications you are taking. You can read about the side effects of meds. on drugs.com or look up the individual med. Easier bruising is a common problem with those of us who are advancing in age. My DH has problems with bruising. Sometimes he will have a bruise on his hand or arm & have no idea how he got it. He usually puts Aquaphor on it. Arnica also is good for bruises. You might want to keep a journal of how often these bruises appear, how long it takes to go away, etc. (I'm a retired nurse.) Don't ignore it.

Comment

I am not taking any meds. can't even afford my bone medication right now. i looked this up too and found heat helps with the swelling later. i did that and it helped the bump go down some. who knew? seems to be a regular thing which happens. Dusting, i have two very long haired cats!!

Comment

I have bruises I have no idea where they came from. My mom in her later years did the same thing.

Comment

The older and older we get the skin gets thinner and thinner, we both get bruises and scrapes with no knowledge of how. I think Gold Bond strength and resilience lotion has helped out a bit. I just use it on my arms after a shower, it is not perfumed and sinks right into the skin.
                      I hope that heals quickly.

Comment

I have Gold Bone overnight creme, among others. I do get bruises on my legs from somewhere doing what ever. my granddtr has one she has no idea what happened. we bump in the night!!. i tend to run into door facings when going out one. almost every time. you'd think i could judge distances better by now!

Comment

Working...
                        X