Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Sage ~ If you don't find coffee in the stores, you always can order it on line. My favorite flavor has not been available locally for several years. I now order it from New England Coffee. Service is great & the price is reasonable. I buy 2 lb. at a time & keep it in the freezer.

• SagedCrone
    replied
    GOOD AFTERNOON! I know I'm late to the party, but at least I brought some food (Sopapillas..anyone want one? ) Today, I actually slept in..went to bed at about 1ish and slept in till 8...no early 4am rush for me this morning..YAY!
    The DIL and I headed to town first thing this morning..post office run, bank run and grocery store for just an item or two we were out of. Then, we worked for a few hours dismantling a small shed ..We are taking the walls and roof off and replacing them with green house panels. The bones of the building and the concrete pad it sits on were too good to tear down and start completely over, so we are just semi tearing down.
    The knees and hands don't allow me too much in one day, but we do what we can and then..well, we wait till the next day and do more. It's a slow process, but at least it's progress. (and that's all that matters!)

Today is my oldest grandsons birthday..he is a May 20 Taurus baby..(I'm a may 18th Taurus baby)..is cool having his so close to mine. He's turning 12 today. They grow so fast. We enjoyed a video chat this morning.
    It's over cast and cloudy here, they are calling for afternoon thunder showers, so I won't work on the camper today, but at least the green house got some love.
    The rest of my day is going to be a surprise for me..not sure what I will get into or work on! I did a complete bedroom/craft stuff clean and mini overhaul yesterday, so I'm good on that end. (I created more projects for myself is what I did!)
    But..
    Here's hoping everyone has a great afternoon and night ..good sleep and no nightmares!

Good day all!
    Sage..crone of sopapillas and greenhouses

Leave a comment:

• SagedCrone
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh..I have had to cancel things too and it really is disappointing. First a retreat at MSQ in May, rescheduled for June..canceled. ( I have finally rescheduled for Nov, lets hope! )..a beach trip to Outer Banks NC for end of may..all canceled. <<Sad>>
    I do coffee and tea. My boychild was funning with me one day and said 'breakfast is coffee, lunch is tea and dinner is wine'... I like that idea!

Sage, crone cancellations and liquid encouragement.

• SagedCrone
    commented on 's reply
    Ohhh to dream of bugs means you have something 'buggin' you that you haven't resolved yet! Hope you can figure it out and get it gone so no more bad dreams!! Good to know about the batting..will check my supply. Thank you!

sage..the dreamless crone

• SagedCrone
    commented on 's reply
    Wow...that's up there in temps! Glad it was in your area and not mine. We did have a few warmer days recently...upper 70's and skipped into maybe 80 for an hour or two, evenings are still low 40's. Is overcast here today, showers predicted for this afternoon...we shall see! Can't wait to see your quilt.

Oh..and Chelea..just think of all those dandelions this way "What a yard full of wishes!"

Sage..crone of evening sweaters.

• SagedCrone
    commented on 's reply
    I have a feeling coffee will be the next 'out of item' in the grocery stores. All due to shipping from other countries. I certainly hope not..that is my all day drink of choice!

Sage...crone of JAVA blood type

• SagedCrone
    commented on 's reply
    Loved the chat with Jenny and Misty and I wish I had a porch to hang a few quilts on! Maybe one day.

Sage..the porchless crone

• SagedCrone
    commented on 's reply
    Aren't surprise day off just GREAT!? Hope you enjoy it!!

Sage...crone of all days off..almost

• SagedCrone
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on the sleep! (I've been in those shoes before, very recently even...and it's no fun!)

Sage..crone of rumpled no sleep sheets

• BeaPeg
    replied
    Hello ladies, I'm a bit sad today. Normally I would sit right now in Sandy UK, we had booked a flight to go to London/Luton today first to see our friends and to go to the Chelsea Flowershow in London tomorrow. I love to go to London but it's hard to find a fabric shop over there. We got the money back from the RHS and a voucher from Easy Jet, so we will fix it for next year May. Just called our one friend to say hello, normally we would sit together with a nice cup of tea (I'm not into coffee). But that's life.
    We had a nice sunny but not to warm day over here. I bought some plants and planted them after coming home. Tomorrow I will try to clean some beds from weeds and than join my sewing machine. Tomorrow is a holiday over here in Germany, Ascension Day, but we already have the week off.
    Have a nice evening, stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Carlie ~ I'm a retired nurse who worked in inpatient acute rehab for 10 yrs. & worked with many stroke survivors, educating them & their families prior to the patient going home (hopefully). Your son's situation is nothing to mess around with. There's so much free info. on the internet now. He needs to get educated about his condition & be disciplined in his health care.

Gerbera Daisies ~ They are so pretty. But the one year I planted them, the rabbits ate them. The blossoms, etc.

Colorado is a dry climate, so much watering is required here. Our sprinkler system is almost 25 yrs. old, but it still works. We water at night when it's cooler. We have a neighbor who cuts his lawn way too short, too. I've talked to him about letting it grow longer, but nope. He hasn't turned on his sprinkler system yet, so his yard is looking pretty stressed & dry.

• Patricia Drew
    commented on 's reply
    I might go "natural" too ... Being out in the sun has lightened the ends quite a bit, so that the contrast with the roots is not too evident. Might just let it go and see ... can always go back to coloring if it turns out hideous ... LOL

Keep us posted on your decision ...

• CarlieBlilie
    commented on 's reply
    Lucky you getting the sun and higher temps. We are still cloudy but looks like we may get a little passed 70 today, only made 70 maybe yesterday. We did have winds yesterday but I don't think they were very high.

• chelea
    commented on 's reply
    We cut our grass longer too for the same reasons. Unfortunately, our neighbors have the worst lawn service. They mow about once a month and cut it so short that they've basically destroyed the all the grass and all that's left is weeds. So they have a fine crop of dandelions that go to seed and blow into our yard. Ugh!

• Nwmnteacher
    commented on 's reply
    Barb, where would I find the tutorial on hanging quilts from a porch?
Working...
X