• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Welcome Wednesday

Good bright sunshiny morning. It is going to be another beautiful day. While it is beautiful outside, we can't be out too long as the black flies are vicious. I can open the windows and let the fresh air in.

I slept well last night, spending the night in the spare room. Hubby says I snore terribly. I told him I was dreaming I was a sewing machine and his reply was "I think you were dreaming your were a chain saw", LOL!!

I still haven't received my parcel from my cousin. He has resigned himself that someone has stolen the parcel. It contained a thimble that belong to my grandmother and thought that I would appreciate it more than anyone else. I still have faith that at some point it will appear. I hope it wasn't stolen. I shall say a little prayer that it is delivered. Speaking of post office, I have accepted another day's work next week. I had been asked for Monday but my retreat plans have officially been cancelled so I can work there after all. She was happy when I called. So I have work on Monday and Friday next week.

I finished the hand quilting on the onesie baby quilt. Now to make a label and get it into the mail.

Hubby will be going to cut the grass at his brother's place. His sister and brother live back to back. I will come along for company and have a distance coffee with my sister-in-law. I have a plant to give her.

Good news on our neighbour. His son brought him his temporary drivers license. So now I won't have to take him for his groceries, he can come and go as he pleases. Also yesterday he had the dishes all out and on the dining room table. The ones I have been teasing about being mine. Well I brought them home. Now to make room in the cupboard for them.

From the news yesterday our borders between you and us will not reopen before June 21. Hubby is disappointed because he has to cancel the golf trip he had booked. This would be their 8th year going. It is what it is. Hopefully they will be able to perhaps schedule for the fall. Maybe!!! And maybe not until 2021.

So that's about it for me. Wishing you all a grand day. Do something you enjoy, no matter what it is. Stay safe and healthy.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Good morning everyone!
    Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on the sleep! (I've been in those shoes before, very recently even...and it's no fun!)

Sage..crone of rumpled no sleep sheets
  • JulieC
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2016

Good morning!

The sun peeked out for a bit. Today's high will be in the mid-60's; I am looking forward to temps near 80 this weekend. Maybe we will dry out a little.

All of my work meetings were canceled today! That's a good thing. Work has picked up this week. I saw a reminder from HR this morning that we need to complete our annual evaluation before Sunday. I thought the deadline was next week on Friday. Oops! I will start working on that today.

No plans for the sewing room until this weekend. I'm not sure what I will work on -- maybe one of my UFO's?

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Aren't surprise day off just GREAT!? Hope you enjoy it!!

Sage...crone of all days off..almost
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Good Morning..We had planned to go food shopping early this morning but we are putting it off until tomorrow.

Both of the Girls had to go to the vet yesterday for toenail clipping. Maggie bites when her back feet are messed with. She even fights after they put a muzzle on her. It’s good to have that done. The groomers can take it from there. We also ran a few errands yesterday and I caught up the laundry.

I may actually do some sewing today. I hope everyone watched Jenny’s tutorial on how she hangs her quilts from her porch. We’re going to give it a try. I don’t have many small quilts that could be hung outdoors without dragging the ground but I could make a few.

Thank you to my forum friends who shared elastic with me for my last batch of masks. Forum friends are truly the best!

Have a great day everyone. Hugs....

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb, where would I find the tutorial on hanging quilts from a porch?

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Loved the chat with Jenny and Misty and I wish I had a porch to hang a few quilts on! Maybe one day.

Sage..the porchless crone
  • Cathy F
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Morning all,

the sun is shining, looks like it will be a nice day. Yesterday was very windy.

Not much new going on here. Yesterday got my grocery delivery it came within two hours, got everything washed down and put away good for another week. Received everything on my list except the granulated sugar. Strange the things they are out of. People can't get flour, rice, yeast. Will put it on next week's order and try again. I am trying to stock up on pantry items and can goods as they are predicting a bad hurricane season, between that and this virus want to be prepared.

Not much sewing going on even though I keep telling myself I'm going to get some done. Lost my motivation and can't seem to find it. My local quilt store did a live video from her store yesterday showing some new kits she has gotten in. It was fun to watch and you can order whatever she showed and will have curbside pickup this Saturday. Someone asked her about doing a virtual class. Good to see her store being supported throughout this.

Well I'm off for another cup of coffee before I start my day, so I'll wish you all a good one, be well and stay safe.
    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      Cathy, I was so annoyed with myself that I missed the live Facebook feed from Patchworks yesterday. I need to put reminders on my phone or set an alarm so I don't forget these things as I get onvolved with other stuff. I will go to their website and check out some of their new kits.
      EDIT: I went to the FB page and watched the recording. What a great job! And some cute stuff too. I just might need some.
      Last edited by Ginny B; May 20, 2020, 07:45 AM.

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a feeling coffee will be the next 'out of item' in the grocery stores. All due to shipping from other countries. I certainly hope not..that is my all day drink of choice!

Sage...crone of JAVA blood type

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Sage ~ If you don't find coffee in the stores, you always can order it on line. My favorite flavor has not been available locally for several years. I now order it from New England Coffee. Service is great & the price is reasonable. I buy 2 lb. at a time & keep it in the freezer.
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I think yest. broke a record high temp. It was 95 at our house. Not sure what the "official" was. Anyway, it was plenty hot. At bedtime the temp. both outside & inside was 80 deg. I had the fans going all night. It's 64 deg. this a.m. with another hot day expected, but maybe a few deg. cooler than yest. But the rest of the week will be more seasonal.

Yest. was my last PT appt. Afterwards, I made stops at the touchless car wash, Safeway, & the bank. I was home by 1 p.m. DH always is relieved whenever I get home. He really doesn't like to be left alone & is anxious the whole time I'm gone.

I had 50 min. in the eve. to do some sewing. I got the 12 blocks of the ugly quilt sewn together, then rows 1 & 2, 3 & 4. I just need to sew them together in the middle. I plan to use various strips from the leftover fabrics to make a pieced binding.

This a.m. I'll be cooking DH's Anasazi beans. Today is our mowing day. I'll make sure I get out there when the guys come to verify they've raised the mowing height of the mowing platform so our lawn doesn't get cut so short. Two wks. ago they cut it too short, so I skipped last week to let it grow back to the desired height. I like to keep the grass a bit longer so it looks greener & doesn't dry out so bad, & takes less water.

Time to get on with my day.

Comment

• chelea
      chelea commented
      Editing a comment
      We cut our grass longer too for the same reasons. Unfortunately, our neighbors have the worst lawn service. They mow about once a month and cut it so short that they've basically destroyed the all the grass and all that's left is weeds. So they have a fine crop of dandelions that go to seed and blow into our yard. Ugh!

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow...that's up there in temps! Glad it was in your area and not mine. We did have a few warmer days recently...upper 70's and skipped into maybe 80 for an hour or two, evenings are still low 40's. Is overcast here today, showers predicted for this afternoon...we shall see! Can't wait to see your quilt.

Oh..and Chelea..just think of all those dandelions this way "What a yard full of wishes!"

Sage..crone of evening sweaters.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

I woke with a start around 4:30, bad dream about bugs... in the kitchen with the bug guy here. Weird! I was a bad dog mom, I woke Gabby up and put her in bed with me. I'd rather snuggle with her than dream about bugs. She went to sleep, and I went to sleep for a good hour or so.

Not sure what the day will bring. I knitted yesterday. I'm almost done with the second skein of yarn. The afghan is getting close to being long enough. I should work on the baby quilts. Thursday, batting by the yard goes on sale at Joann's. I'll need to figure out what I need. I still haven't called for a hair appointment. Mike has 3 days off next week, maybe one of them will work.

I need to go to UPS and mail a quilt to Alex. I was going to send it when he had his next kidney stone, but he graduated from college. Main thing, it will get it out of my bedroom.

I'm officially graduated from VERC. Amy said if I did happen to move, to call her and she'd give me information about services where ever I moved to. I'm saying my prayers nightly that Jim will find a job here!

Time to get busy. I think I'll start in the kitchen this morning.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh to dream of bugs means you have something 'buggin' you that you haven't resolved yet! Hope you can figure it out and get it gone so no more bad dreams!! Good to know about the batting..will check my supply. Thank you!

sage..the dreamless crone
  • CarlieBlilie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2020

Good Morning All,

Not sure what temps will be today. Yesterday barely made 60. We have cloud cover that keeps circulating above us. According to the new we should be mid 70's. Today is my laundry day and will be getting that started shortly.

I talked with my son yesterday. He was determined not to stay in the hospital but the nurses and doctors must have gotten him to see it was better to stay. His speech is slurred and is sometimes difficult to understand. My hubby had a very hard time understanding him. When I talked to him early in the day he said that he had a TIA at his motel and then another during the night. My hubby thinks that he said it was a full-blown stroke. The doctors have determined that it is not his high blood pressure that has caused it but his autoimmune disease. It randomly attacks different parts of his body. Started out with his kidneys and he was on dialysis for a short time, blood clots was another one, high blood pressure, water retention. My goodness his legs would swell tremendously and had to wrap them to help keep the swelling down. He has been through a lot with this disease but he hasn't always done smart things either. While he was living with us last year I was dispensing his medications (he had about 12 different ones) and toward the end he would take the pills and then hide the ones he didn't want to take. His thinking was "I know my body better than they do" but it ended up causing issues, of course. He is supposed to be released today and has a doctor appointment tomorrow along with PT due to the TIA/stroke. I'm hoping we can get him set up with some transportation through his insurance because otherwise I'll never get anything done.

Yesterday I planted some gerbera daisies and a ground cover along my south facing dining room. Not a very big space, just a walkway with a little area about 18 inches between the sidewalk and the foundation. We actually had two of the gerbera daisies planted last year that are coming back. We had 6 and they are supposed to be perennials. Had them covered with leaves all winter. We just bought new at a local store. It took me a while to get it done. I cannot get down on my knees, hurts too much. I'm way overweight and have been slowly loosing since I retired but it isn't coming off fast enough to suit me. Slower is better I know but my knees are bad and need to be replaced and they will not do surgery at the weight I am now. I just try to keep moving but boy I was sore last night. Better this morning so I'm going to keep moving so I don't stiffen up.

No sewing done yesterday, too pooped from doing the planting. We did go out and got a new light for the aquarium. Hoping it solves the issue we have having with the invertebrates in the aquarium, they don't seem to be doing very well. We will see. My hubby wasn't very happy about the fact that the light had no control, you have to use an ipad or smartphone. I was able to set it up pretty quick although sometimes I feel quite challenged on that end as well. When all else fails I call my daughter and if that doesn't help, my 22-year-old grandson!

JCY, my hubby likes our lawn longer for that same reason. Less drying out and it is always a beautiful green. We do water from time to time. Last year we didn't need to at all, so much rain. This year we were down by quite a bit until the rain came on Sunday and we got near 4 inches, so we are good for a bit. He still goes out to water the patches that died because of our two dogs (dachshunds) but other than the hanging baskets we haven't had to do much since that rain.

I'm headed for my first cup of coffee before I start laundry and wait to hear when my son can be picked up. Here's to a wonderful day for all!
    Carlie

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Carlie ~ I'm a retired nurse who worked in inpatient acute rehab for 10 yrs. & worked with many stroke survivors, educating them & their families prior to the patient going home (hopefully). Your son's situation is nothing to mess around with. There's so much free info. on the internet now. He needs to get educated about his condition & be disciplined in his health care.

Gerbera Daisies ~ They are so pretty. But the one year I planted them, the rabbits ate them. The blossoms, etc.

Colorado is a dry climate, so much watering is required here. Our sprinkler system is almost 25 yrs. old, but it still works. We water at night when it's cooler. We have a neighbor who cuts his lawn way too short, too. I've talked to him about letting it grow longer, but nope. He hasn't turned on his sprinkler system yet, so his yard is looking pretty stressed & dry.
  • Ginny B
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Good morning all. Nice sunny day here so I hope to be outside a bit today. Yesterday was just too windy to be enjoyable. Plus I was very tired since I hadn't slept well the night before. I got a good night's sleep last night so I have more ambition and get up and go today.

Now I just need to decide what to do with my energy today. Sewing? Gardening? Clean out part of the garage? Maybe a little bit of all of the above.

Have a great day all.
    Ginny B
    Levittown, NY

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Monique View Post
      Good bright sunshiny morning. It is going to be another beautiful day. While it is beautiful outside, we can't be out too long as the black flies are vicious. I can open the windows and let the fresh air in.

I slept well last night, spending the night in the spare room. Hubby says I snore terribly. I told him I was dreaming I was a sewing machine and his reply was "I think you were dreaming your were a chain saw", LOL!!

I still haven't received my parcel from my cousin. He has resigned himself that someone has stolen the parcel. It contained a thimble that belong to my grandmother and thought that I would appreciate it more than anyone else. I still have faith that at some point it will appear. I hope it wasn't stolen. I shall say a little prayer that it is delivered. Speaking of post office, I have accepted another day's work next week. I had been asked for Monday but my retreat plans have officially been cancelled so I can work there after all. She was happy when I called. So I have work on Monday and Friday next week.

I finished the hand quilting on the onesie baby quilt. Now to make a label and get it into the mail.

Hubby will be going to cut the grass at his brother's place. His sister and brother live back to back. I will come along for company and have a distance coffee with my sister-in-law. I have a plant to give her.

Good news on our neighbour. His son brought him his temporary drivers license. So now I won't have to take him for his groceries, he can come and go as he pleases. Also yesterday he had the dishes all out and on the dining room table. The ones I have been teasing about being mine. Well I brought them home. Now to make room in the cupboard for them.

From the news yesterday our borders between you and us will not reopen before June 21. Hubby is disappointed because he has to cancel the golf trip he had booked. This would be their 8th year going. It is what it is. Hopefully they will be able to perhaps schedule for the fall. Maybe!!! And maybe not until 2021.

So that's about it for me. Wishing you all a grand day. Do something you enjoy, no matter what it is. Stay safe and healthy.

My live in BF also snores like that but I'm weird, I find it comforting. It has never bothered me. LOL Not a fan on bothers me terribly. I guess his snoring is my white noise!

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

I'm actually going to get a hair cut this afternoon....can't wait! I have to go to Grand Forks for the appointment since MN still haven't allowed salons to open. Only a few have chosen to open in Grand Forks, and the one I booked is doing haircuts ONLY...no shampoos, styling, color, etc. That's ok...I just want to get this months growth trimmed up. I might have to break down and do my own coloring from a box, because I'm sure the gray will really show after the cut. Maybe I'll just go "natural".

We had high winds yesterday and more predicted today and tomorrow. It's also been warm with temps near 80. The air conditioning actually came on last evening. I want to finish planting the garden today, so I'll have to brave the winds.

We went to the cabin last weekend to get things ready for the summer. We pretty much stayed put at the cabin. Lots of places were still closed. But we enjoyed a campfire, sitting on the deck soaking up some sun, and going for some walks with the dogs.

I think I need another cup of coffee before I head out into the wind to finish up the garden. Blessings on your day.
        Jeanne

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Lucky you getting the sun and higher temps. We are still cloudy but looks like we may get a little passed 70 today, only made 70 maybe yesterday. We did have winds yesterday but I don't think they were very high.

• Patricia Drew
          Patricia Drew commented
          Editing a comment
          I might go "natural" too ... Being out in the sun has lightened the ends quite a bit, so that the contrast with the roots is not too evident. Might just let it go and see ... can always go back to coloring if it turns out hideous ... LOL

Keep us posted on your decision ...
      • BeaPeg
        Rotary Pro
        • May 2020

Hello ladies, I'm a bit sad today. Normally I would sit right now in Sandy UK, we had booked a flight to go to London/Luton today first to see our friends and to go to the Chelsea Flowershow in London tomorrow. I love to go to London but it's hard to find a fabric shop over there. We got the money back from the RHS and a voucher from Easy Jet, so we will fix it for next year May. Just called our one friend to say hello, normally we would sit together with a nice cup of tea (I'm not into coffee). But that's life.
        We had a nice sunny but not to warm day over here. I bought some plants and planted them after coming home. Tomorrow I will try to clean some beds from weeds and than join my sewing machine. Tomorrow is a holiday over here in Germany, Ascension Day, but we already have the week off.
        Have a nice evening, stay safe.

Comment

• SagedCrone
          SagedCrone commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh..I have had to cancel things too and it really is disappointing. First a retreat at MSQ in May, rescheduled for June..canceled. ( I have finally rescheduled for Nov, lets hope! )..a beach trip to Outer Banks NC for end of may..all canceled. <<Sad>>
          I do coffee and tea. My boychild was funning with me one day and said 'breakfast is coffee, lunch is tea and dinner is wine'... I like that idea!

Sage, crone cancellations and liquid encouragement.
      • SagedCrone
        Rotary Pro
        • Apr 2015

GOOD AFTERNOON! I know I'm late to the party, but at least I brought some food (Sopapillas..anyone want one? ) Today, I actually slept in..went to bed at about 1ish and slept in till 8...no early 4am rush for me this morning..YAY!
        The DIL and I headed to town first thing this morning..post office run, bank run and grocery store for just an item or two we were out of. Then, we worked for a few hours dismantling a small shed ..We are taking the walls and roof off and replacing them with green house panels. The bones of the building and the concrete pad it sits on were too good to tear down and start completely over, so we are just semi tearing down.
        The knees and hands don't allow me too much in one day, but we do what we can and then..well, we wait till the next day and do more. It's a slow process, but at least it's progress. (and that's all that matters!)

Today is my oldest grandsons birthday..he is a May 20 Taurus baby..(I'm a may 18th Taurus baby)..is cool having his so close to mine. He's turning 12 today. They grow so fast. We enjoyed a video chat this morning.
        It's over cast and cloudy here, they are calling for afternoon thunder showers, so I won't work on the camper today, but at least the green house got some love.
        The rest of my day is going to be a surprise for me..not sure what I will get into or work on! I did a complete bedroom/craft stuff clean and mini overhaul yesterday, so I'm good on that end. (I created more projects for myself is what I did!)
        But..
        Here's hoping everyone has a great afternoon and night ..good sleep and no nightmares!

Good day all!
        Sage..crone of sopapillas and greenhouses
        😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Working...
        X