Welcome Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Tuesday

Good morning friends. It is going to be another beautiful day today. Although we can't be out much these days for the bugs, UGH!!!!

I worked on the baby quilt yesterday. Hand quilting around the outside of the onesies. Getting it done. I went over to Bonnie's to water the tree, the kids are coming up this weekend. Noticed the BBQ was gone. I hope someone didn't steal it, sheesh.

I was up late last night working on family tree stuff. Free was only until midnight. I have a lot saved so that I can poke away at it at a later date.

Not sure what today holds. I shall open windows and let the fresh air in for sure.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Wow, I beat you to the forum this morning and have been wondering around reading, waiting for the morning hellos. Makes my life seem routine to see you here.
    CLosed on the new house yesterday. 5 weeks from offer to owner. We went out last afternoon and changed the locks. Oh, so much to do. Little stuff but sort of overwhelming. I'll try to get pictures posted one of these days. I scraped a little paint from the front door where its peeling off. I said that would be my first project, to paint the front door. We bought ceiling fans for the screened in porch. They are all rusted and DH said we could paint them and I said I want new ones and so he finally agreed and we got them. He will get them up this week while its raining.
    I want new flooring. IT has 25 yr old carpet with burns in it. He thinks we should clean it. I want it gone. I WILL win. Just don't know how long it will take.
    We were looking at wall ovens and he said maybe he could fix the old (25 yr old) one. I blurted out, "oh, I hope not" in the store. He turned and walked away and I had to tell him, I was just being honest. He'll come around. In the mean time...toaster oven and microwave will be his friend.
    The storm here was just rain...5 inches...but 5 inches here doesn't seem to be a problem, it just soaks in or runs off or something. When it quits it isn't muddy or soggy or anything. Never saw anything like it. I know when they had hurricane florence that was not the case but this was okay. THis is going to be an interesting weather year for me.
    Take Gods hand and walk with him today and always. Life is good
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on the new home! I just wanted to give you a heads up when you get your new oven. I replaced my wall oven 2 yrs ago. What a shock in two respects, they are way more expensive than a range with oven and cooking surface all in one unit. But the kicker was I was replacing my 19 yo one and evidently there is a new standard for width so I had no choice there was only one the same size as my old one. This was at an appliance store and they did not even have it, I had to pick it out of a catalog sight unseen. I checked other places incl Best Buy and Home Depot, and both said they would sell me one but not install it, too labor intensive. Also they told me if you have someone install it for you it "might" invalidate the warranty. Just thought I'd let you know my experience.

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! Welcome home!

• GuitarGramma
      GuitarGramma commented
      Editing a comment
      Terry, I'm so happy for you! This has been a long road to walk, and you've finally arrived. I hope your new house brings you years and years of happiness.

Good morning!

Cloudy and rainy here today. I finished the pillow case for DGSon and made the door drop so he could use it last night. There is one more dino fabric in my stash to make another one for him today. I tried to pick-up two different orders yesterday but the rains came in so I just came back home.

I don't know what the next project will be. Perhaps something for the patriotic holidays.

Hope your day is filled with happy stitches!

Comment

Good Morning All,

I woke up before Mike left for work. Gabby's been out and she's on her pillow napping, so it's quiet around here.

Terry, it's exciting to start in a new home, but it's a lot of work. I'm still working around here and it's been 3 years. Yesterday was the three year anniversary of signing the papers. Now, I'm saving up money for the kitchen.

Yesterday was errand day, finally made it to the grocery store. We walked down every isle following the arrows. Got the flat tire fixed, thank goodness for the replacement policy. It only cost the $ 15 to get the replacement policy on that tire. The guy was like, you don't need tires they're still WELL in the green zone. lol, I guess they'll last a long time since we don't go much of anywhere.

This afternoon is my outing with the VERC lady. Won't that be fun on Zoom. lol, What I asked for was tips for walking Gabby with my cane. Don't have a clue how I'll manage that with the phone, leash and cane... it's going to be a waste of time. I usually don't go anywhere in the neighborhood unless one of the grands is with me. They enjoy going for a walk, or riding their bike on the sidewalk. Grandma won't let them ride in the street, too many cars parked on the road and idiot drivers zooming through. Gabby and I go to the mail box, the main issue there is the Bottle brush trees, the new growth catches me in the head and with the spanish moss, it's disconcerting (knowing the bugs that like to live in that stuff). They've added bump strips and ramps to all of the intersections, but it won't help with the T intersections where I'll have to cross the streets. Anyway, say a prayer that my mouth will be kind at 2:30 since it's going to be a hot one this afternoon.

My border fabric arrived from Jordan's fabric yesterday. I can take a break from ''Ugly" and work on something cute! That will put me at four baby quilts for the year. I saw one baby bump at church on Sunday. I've got one ready for her.

Secret Santa has been updated. I hope for the last time this year. We'll see.

Time to get busy... or have another cup of coffee. Either way, have a great day everyone!
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning!

The weather forecast says high in the low 70's and mostly cloudy, but there's still a bit of rain on the radar. I have a huge puddle on the front sidewalk where it dips. I probably should have had that raised when I had my sidewalk leveled a couple of years ago. It wasn't a trip hazard (still isn't), so I opted not to have it done.

Today I am grateful that we are not on site with the threat of layoffs looming. I remember all the stress and anxiety from a single site reorganization 15 years or so ago. It was all anyone could talk about for months. Union members have bumping rights, and that got contentious. Especially when union member A would announce their intention to bump union member B. Yesterday, I was in one of my daily virtual meetings and a coworker was grilling another one about the timing of the layoffs and when we will find out. Her daughter got engaged over the weekend and she is worried about paying for the wedding. The gal she was grilling does not have any more information than the rest of us.

I think I will use a little vacation time this week and take a morning off. I have more banking to do for Mom, maybe I can squeeze in an errand or two as well. Speaking of Mom, I am happy to report she has recovered nicely from her most recent fall.

Time to log in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning. It will be a blustery day around here at times with clouds. I try to continue to sew 2 cuffs a day. I think I am 1/2 way done.
          i am finally going for the MRI of my hip joint and leg. I hope it explains the pain I have had for awhile. I had to pick btw going at 8 am or 4:10. It is 30 min drive so I chose the later afternoon time. My DH will be on dog and dinner detail tonight.

Terry— congratulations on your new place !

have a good day
          Beth

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Unseasonably HOT! It got up to 93 yest. I'm thankful DH was able to get up in the attic Sun. & insert the ceiling fan which we use every summer. We have an access opening in the ceiling of our hallway. I wondered if he'd be able to do it this year. It acts like a whole house attic fan, but it just a 20" box fan. I prayed for him the whole time he was up there. It involves climbing up some drop down steps into the garage & climbing up over the edge to get into the attic. I ran the fan most of the night last night. We have 2 more hot days, then it's supposed to be more seasonal.

I finally got the label sewn on the baby quilt, so that is done & ready for delivery! Now to sew together the blocks on the ugly quilt.

I have my last PT appt. this a.m. & need to run to the bank. Might also stop at Safeway for one item I can find only there. It's my favorite flavor of Sobe vit. water, Yumberry Pomegranate.

I got the freezer defrosted yest. Glad that job is done. It took 3 hrs.

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              It's been a cold spring until lately, so I haven't even thought about annuals yet. I have no idea how the supply is. It seems like there have been a lot of cars at the garden center. My favorite place isn't open yet due to C-19.

• GuitarGramma
              GuitarGramma commented
              Editing a comment
              Joy, you might think about making a nice, thick 20" cover for the fan opening. You can just leave the fan in place, covering it with your custom-sized quilt. You could use thumbtacks to hold the quilt in place or velcro. That way, your DH won't have to risk his neck removing and re-installing the fan.

By the way, that's a very clever, very affordable way to get yourself a whole house fan!

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              GuitarGramma ~ Re: the attic fan ~ The only problem with leaving the fan in place is it won't get cleaned. By the end of the summer it really needs a good cleaning. Also we put the section of ceiling sheet rock back in place & cover it with insulation for the winter. We'll see how things go this fall. I'm usually the one who cleans all the fans in the house come fall. Sometimes DH helps a bit. Of course, he used to do all that in previous yrs. One time I had to go up in the attic & do the fan myself. It's a bit awkward. If we were to get A/C, we'd have to install a new furnace as well as have a lot of extra electrical work done. Our elec. panel is full. And we have a finished bsmt., so there would be the issue of cutting holes in the sheet rock, running wiring across to the utility room. I really like having the fresh air that comes with using an evaporative cooler.

My son probably could help with this chore, but he really weighs too much for the drop down attic steps. We had some help for something else done a few yrs. ago. He was too big a guy to have been on the those steps & sprung them.

Good morning everyone! Lovely weather here. Daffodils are finally in bloom!

Will probably make a few more masks and work on my list of annuals. My daughter is going to return to the garden center later this week. Last week's visit was disappointing ... so many annuals missing. But it's warmed up a bit, so she may have better luck this week.

I guess many of you already have your annuals planted in patio pots, etc. ?

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              Its too soon to plant the annuals in the ground. Usually wait until end of May to get them in, even though I buy them a week before, I keep in garage. This year, things are late to bloom, so I'm not feeling the urge -- yet.

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              We picked up a few more annuals yesterday and ordered some bushes , lilac and hydrangea, online. We had seen some beautiful, large, gerbera daisies that my husband wanted, but, of course, they were gone. We were able to find some smaller ones. We are hoping the bushes get shipped soon. Otherwise we have most everything planted. Our last frost was last week and we had to cover what we already planted but should be in the clear now.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              It's been such a cold spring until recently, that I haven't even been out to shop for annuals. Businesses have been closed due to C-19. Not sure if my favorite business is open yet. The main gardening center pkg. lot has had a lot of cars lately, so someone is shopping.

Today might be pretty much like yesterday😁. My tummy is still giving me problems so I have a telephone appt with the GI office tomorrow, that will be a first and interesting proposition.
            I am closing in on finishing a Jewel box quilt, just need to sew down the binding with a serpentine stitch, I will probably give it away at some point and I want the binding really secure. I still am mulling over the quilting pattern for the sewquester and have halfway sandwiched the Donna Jordon panel quilt. I made it by the video waiting for the pattern to come, it will probably be delivered today.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              Claire -- you are cranking out those babies. I hope your stomach issue is nothing serious.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              That Jewel Box pattern is on my bucket list.

Good Morning, Sunday our rain finally ended with a total rainfall of 3.75 inches. We really needed the rain but now it sounds like we will be in for more later this week. Yesterday was for running errands, groceries and picking out a few more annuals to plant. I was just settling down for the evening when I got a call from my son that put everything on the back burner. He had difficulty talking and said he had been unable to move his left side for about 30 minutes Not sure why he called me instead of 911 but that is what I told him to do. He is currently living in a motel as he is disabled and homeless and came in to a little bit of money. Got to the motel just behind the paramedics and fire/rescue. I waited outside and talked with the paramedics who brought him outside. They recommended he go to the hospital and felt comfortable with me taking him instead of having to go in the ambulance. I dropped him off and later talked to the PA assigned to his case. They kept him overnight. First tests did not show any stroke, at least that is what I understood, they said the tests were normal. The neurologist wants further tests. His blood pressure is stupid/crazy. Two years ago he was hospitalized with a BP of 250/179. They said it was a wonder he was still alive. It's been a roller coaster with him since. For a short while his BP was under control but lately it's been high again. He has seizures and memory loss as well and is now on disability. The original diagnosis is an auto-immune disease called anka vasculitis and it attacks various parts of the body so now it must be the blood pressure now.

Listen to me carrying on, guess I needed to vent a little. Today I hope to work on hand quilting for a bit. I know the hubby and I will be going to the local pet store. We determined we need either a stronger or an additional light for our marine aquarium so we need to check out what they have. Today is supposed to be in the low 70's, tomorrow high 70's. Rain on the weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
            Carlie

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you KPH. I'm doing that as well. Got a phone call from him an hour or so ago. They said he had a TIA and he told me he had another episode during the night. They will be keeping him at the hospital for another day but he isn't happy about it. His speech is slurred and says the left side of his face is droopy. Strength is back in his legs. BP very erratic. I've been praying that he gets the help he needs but I think, no I know, that he is his own worst enemy.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Feel free to vent here. Hope your son will be okay.

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope your son gets the help he needs. Vent away, we're here for you.

Good morning everyone,
            It's been getting hotter and more pleasant. Sunday, I put up the curtains which hang from the sloped ceiling of the pergola. It was nice to sit under it and enjoy a cool drink later. I was out of sorts and still trying to process mom's diagnosis of C-19positive, and didnt do much of anything else. Yesterday, we got the canopy frame, covering and curtains up on the patio area - its about 10-12'. Our yard faces south and west, so it gets really hot. Its nice to sit under there and watch the birds, squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits in the yard. DH surely had a burst of energy. He vacuumed and washed all the floors (we have no carpets). He also did some yardwork, triming large bushes, and washed his car - in & out. Doesn't do the later very often.

I'm grateful that mom is receiving good care. I speak to the nurse daily for an update. Yesterday, mom was experiencing dizziness and nausea again. They gave her gravol (which makes her sleep). I suggested they give her Ginger Ale, which she always finds helps with this. She has been having more of this since her last stroke in December. I'm not certain if this might also be her body's reaction to the virus. It is one of the less common symptoms. Today my son will drop by and we will join in with her on video-chat. We pray that the virus does not take her. It's really difficult not being able to hold her hand and reassure her. I know they are allowing compassionate visit in the end, but I struggle with this choice as this would be fraught with risks, for me, my DH and my family.

I cut a bunch of masks, but decided to trim them down. I went a little too far, so now I will have a bunch of teenager-big kid masks. Oh well, better just try one next time, before I get in a cutting mood. I did clean off my cutting table, cutting scraps into 2 1/2' and 5" squares. I have been asked to make more masks with elastics. There is a shortage, although I did pick up 5 metres on Saturday. I ordered more elastic on-line yesterday, there is a limit of 20 metres, and a limit of 5 pkgs. I also ordered more polypropylene. Not sure when it will be ready to pick up.

Terry -- Happy birthday. glad you are moving to new home, and the renovations and all that needs to be done, will be a pleasant distraction to the virus.

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe, cover up.

image013.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning!
              Glad to read everyone is doing ok this morning. After yesterdays all day jaunt with the boy child my knees are still deciding if I can go to the camper and do some work..(I'm thinking probably not) But, it is what it is, and nothing will die, fall down, disintegrate or blow up if I don't get to work on it today. So..if not, at least I plan on doing some stitching on one or more of my current projects. I do hope to start another today..another cross stitch since I'm almost finished with the quilting on the wall hanging. That way, I'll have one waiting in the wings.
              Yesterday when we got home from shopping the DIL had all the birthday banners up, a fantastic feast cooked and a chilled glass ready for me. We threw on some Mexican music and had a lovely celebration dinner. She even made sopapillas! I was a happy camper when I went to bed.
              Our weather is pretty good for the week..forecast says we have some rain coming in by weekend, but nothing more than a 50% chance, so..it's looking to be a good weekend for camper work. For now, I'm off here to do some cleaning and organizing in my room.. I hope everyone has a great day and all the worries you have melt away with the last of the winters chill.

Sage....crone of camper blues.
              Last edited by SagedCrone; May 20th, 2020, 01:28 PM.
              😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Yea!!!!!!!!!!! I'm done with VERC! Taking a walk at 96 degrees in the neighborhood. Thank goodness for a good breeze. Her suggestions made sense and I'll start using them. Now, it's time to cool off!
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Katrina, so happy you found today's VERC appointment helpful. I am amazed with all that you get done.

I took a day of vacation today, but logged in early this morning to see if I had a reply to what was causing a delay in payments. Yes, good answer. However, when I went to fix the issue, I no longer had the access to do that task. Took it as a sign to assign to someone else and log off. Spent the morning with DD. We went for a walk around the lake and then had lunch. I am now home, trying to get a quilt quilted. Thread broke. Since using the robot, I had no idea of how to start at the same spot. I should have come watch a video on it immediately, but no, I pressed this button and that button, so basically, now have a whole row of 9 10 inches of quilting to rip out all across the quilt top. One day I will learn and not make things harder than they need to be! Oh well, back to the quilt machine again. Take care everyone.

Comment

Good evening! Way late jumping on today....

Hit the door running to beat the rain and worked outside in garden, hung a flagpole from porch until the tall ground pole can be installed, and cleaned the pellet stove for the final time this season.. Then I did more quilting on my garden quilt. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and you'all are probably sick of hearing about it.

Contractors delayed one day so they start tomorrow...geesh... Think I'll run into town and shop for a house plant for a big pot that sits empty. This virus really threw a wrench in my Spring plans so I am way behind in kitting out our new home. Ugh!

Have a lovely evening, everyone!
                    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                    X