• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Hello Monday

Good morning friends. What a beautiful weekend it was. With hubby away I got some cleaning done. While you can't see what I did, I worked all day at it. Yesterday I was hanging laundry out at 5 am. Got my beans planted. It was a productive weekend. Hubby made it back yesterday with a sore back but he did have a great time.

Not sure what today will bring just yet. While Ancestry has been free (up until tonight) I have been searching stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JulieC
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2016

Good morning!

I'm a little frustrated this morning -- Mom's facility called last night, she had another fall (that makes seven this month) and hit her head. She had to go to the ER to be checked out. They sent her back to the facility. It is not uncommon for Alzheimer's patients to lose their ability to walk. I don't know if her falls are the result of her Alzheimer's progressing or negligence on the part of the staff. I talked to the Alzheimer's Association this morning and they suggested requesting a video call with Mom to try to assess her condition. The new director starts today, I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with her, but on the other hand -- Mom has fallen seven times! This month! What is going on over there? It could be months before the safe at home order is lifted and we can see her.

I spent some time sweeping out the garage yesterday. It needs to be cleared out. That is a project I am not looking forward to. The mouse bait that hadn't been touched in months is completely gone. I don't know if they ate it or carried it off (I heard they can do that). I put some more out. I have been thinking a lot lately about selling the house, mostly because I won't be able to afford it for long if I am laid off or forced into early retirement. Even if neither of those things happen, I think I would really like to downsize. Perhaps a condo?

Time for a second cup of tea and to log into my work chat. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, Julie, so sorry to hear about another fall. The new director should definitely know about your concerns and, yes, it would be a good thing if you could do a video call with your mom. Good luck as you move through this.

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      After the first fall they should have had a guide walking with her. The first fall is an indication of progression to limitations. Stay on top of it...and new director should realize on her first day that your mother has a relentless champion behind her. Go get um' girl!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Julie -- Michael's dad had Alzheimer for over 8 years, but in the last 2 years, he had a greater number of falls, and more frequent. He just would forget to use his walker, as he thought he was still fit. Unfortunately the last fall he had, he broke many bones in his jaw and face. Since they couldn't do surgery, they just managed his pain. Unfortunately, that is the case with many patients with dementia. I dont think the staff can much improve her situation, unless she is restrained, and that would be even more detrimental.
      Hugs across the miles.
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Good morning Monique and all who’ll follow. Monique, wow, sounds like a productive time for you! Have a great day.

Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      Anita, I am glad you are feeling better as far as the shingles go. I hope the hernia gets taken care of soon.

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you are doing better. Shingles are so painful...
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Anita ~ Glad your shingles are better. Good to see your post today. Julie ~ I certainly would be investigating why your mom is having so many falls.

I didn't do any sewing this week end, but I stop and look at the arrangement of the ugly quilt blocks & rearrange them from time to time. I may just have to call it good & sew them together. It's definitely going to be an ugly quilt.

Today will be the usual Mon. laundry. I think I might defrost the freezer this a.m. That's a good 2.5 hr. job, but it really needs to be done.

We're supposed to have hot weather the next 2-3 days -- close to 90. I need to call our service guy & make an appt. to have our swamp cooler hooked up for the summer. Years ago, DH was able to do that, but he just isn't able to do those maintenance chores now.

This is the anniversary of the volcanic eruption of Mt. St. Helens in WA. We had a light dusting of ash even here in Colorado. We had relatives living in the Pacific NW then who were affected. Because people had to stay at home, there was a baby boom 9 mos. later.

I hope those of you on the NC coast will be okay. I see a tropical storm is headed your way.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2016

Good Morning to all. Yesterday while waiting on daughter and son to arrive to move more stuff out of my dads house, I started to wash my car. Got half done and they arrived. Well we got more boxes, big tv and a big cedar chest moved to my house, both their cars packed and I was tired. Didn't finish washing my car even. Well good thing for this morning I look out and it is raining!

My GS did ask if I would make him a red mask, so I did have a piece of red (very uncommon color in my stash for me) and it is soaking in water now. Not sure how much I will get done today, very sore from yesterday still. Probably tinker in kitchen and get some meals prepared and into the freezer for later.

Rumor is probate court is on list to open soon, I sure hope so. I did managed to start removing wall paper from hallway in his house, little by little it will get done. The house will be sold "as is", but a hallway with 1/2 wall paper coming off the walls is not a "fixer upper" it is a flop!

Hugs to all and please stay safe!

Comment

• BeaPeg
        Rotary Pro
        • May 2020

Hello to all, it's afternoon over here and I just had my cup of tea. We have this week off and started with some belated spring clean, washing the tiles in the bath down stairs, cleaning several windows in kitchen, bath and WC. Than I colored an old bicycle all blue, it will be a decoration under our old apple tree with two baskets foll of flowers, one on the backseat and another at the handlebar. Maybe I can find some time to sew up the border for my scrappy Christmas top later on.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Good morning all,

I've been up, done my yoga and decided to be quiet until Mike got up. I'll have to give him a lesson on the washer. Oh boy. I did get the washer hooked up to the phone, but the dryer is another story. I can't hear the alarms when the garage door is shut. If they both won't hook up, I'm not going to 'pay' for service in 6 months, I'll get a cheep-o baby monitor and turn it on when the laundry is on.

Didn't do any sewing yesterday, but did manage to get a few rows on my afghan done.

Today, will be fix the flat tire day. We came home last night and the tire was almost flat. Our neighbor came over around 10 to tell us it was flat. Mike hadn't gone out to see if it was a slow leak or what. So we'll either pump and take to the tire place, or put the donut on and go to the tire place.

I need to see if the salon is open and see when I can make an appt. Time to get busy.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. It's a cloudy one here. Yesterday was a nice day and after doing some cooking in the morning, I just felt like relaxing in the backyard. So that's what we wound up doing. No sewing, no computer work. Just chatting, reading, listening to a podcast. We had an early dinner and then I called my sister in law (from 1st marriage) in Florida. It has been ages since we have had a chat so it was good to catch up. She and my other sis in law, who lives right around rhe corner from her, are both doing well.

Today we were going to go up to a local nursery and pick up some more plants. But instead, I want to get the masks finished that I started on Saturday.

Have a good Monday everyone. Be well, stay safe, try to stay positive. I work on that last part everyday.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• Rhonda K
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2017

Hello Monday!

It's a brand new week and no appointments on the schedule yet. I'm still working on some masks but time to switch gears and sew some pillow cases for DGSon. He has graduated to a standard size pillow and needs some dino pillow cases. Thankful to have matching fabric still from making his sheets. Dinos are so important to in his world.

I will use the serger on the fabric edges and make french seams on the cases.

Happy Stitching!
              Just one more stitch...

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Back again -- & glad to have some time to sit! 😉 I just finished defrosting the freezer. That took almost 3 hrs. from start to finish. Glad to have that job done for the next 6 mos. I do it twice a year, spring & fall. It always takes the hair dryer to get the last of the ice off those top coils. I wanted to get it done before the next big cooking project.

I saw a baby rabbit in the back yard this a.m. First one (baby) I've seen this year. It's not as tiny as the little one my son & I saw last spring, but it's cute. I didn't observe any nesting activity this spring, so I thought maybe there weren't going to be any babies this year. Nesting activity I've observed in past usually has occurred earlier in the spring when the grass still is brown. The mama pulls up a mouth full of grass, runs under the shed with it, comes back & repeats until she has enough dry grass under there for her nest. It's interesting watching them. One year, there were triplets. They were so cute. However, a neighborhood cat got one of them.
                Baby Rabbit & Matt - 6-26-2019 002.JPGThis is a pic of last year's rabbit, taken June, 2019.

I think the rest of the day I'll sort of take it easy. Of course, there are those daily exercises I need to do. Ugh.

Comment

• Teen
                  Teen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have 6 acres and bunnies are bouncing everywhere on our hillside. They are joined with turkeys, pheasants, Quail and variety of other birds. I'm waiting to see the babies of all the species since I had to endure watching their procreation process a month ago..lol..

• BeaPeg
                  BeaPeg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there, I think I did something wrong, I wanted to write a comment but unfortunately I pressed the button FLAG, I really don't know what the mean. So I'm very sorry I made it wrong.

• BeaPeg
                  BeaPeg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some years ago we found five baby hedgehogs in our garden, their nest was just next to our terrace. They were so tiny only 75 g -100 g and the mother was not seen for some days. So we picked them up and brought them to a foster home for hedgehogs, that happened in late September. The following April we got them back, grown up and fat and ready to find their way into the world. That was a great experience.
              • Teen
                Missouri Star
                • May 2020

Good afternoon!!

Woke up to pouring rain until about 11am...decided to run to the grocery store before it started up again as well as it being the only day for us to go. They start reconstruction of my bathroom tomorrow following the leak and mold issue. I'm ready for it to be done so we can move back in to the master area. I am grateful that we didn't have to vacate the home and could just relocate to the guest suite. It's been a long time since I had to share a sink with hubbie...lol.. Plus my reading area is in the master bedroom so I've been sitting in the great room with the TV....I dislike watching TV so this has effected my mood...Televised depression.

Going to keep,quilting my garden quilt. Took a break and made a cute Wallhanging but I'm back to quilting...

Enjoy your day!, Blessings!

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• SagedCrone
                  Rotary Pro
                  • Apr 2015

GOOOD evening.. I missed the morning role call all together! The boy child and I spent all day in town getting supplies so I can continue the work on the camper. He treated me to lunch.. mexican!!! .and a margarita!! (cheese dip and chips) I am a happy camper! Now that more supplies are on hand (I had put off all supply shopping due to C19 for the past 3 months) I will be able to move on with the camper plans..But today..we braved Billings. We hit both the big box home improvement stores, several home town home improvement stores and an appliance store. My knees are screaming so bad right now..I will be very knee incapable the rest of the night and probably tomorrow too, but at least I have the things I need for the camper renovations to continue.

So..I'm off to do some stitching and perhaps some computer things...you ladies have a great night!

Sage ..crone of knobby hammered knees
                  😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Working...
                  X