Do you ever check to see who's on line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever check to see who's on line?

I find it interesting & a bit disturbing that the majority of those on line are guests & many of them are viewing our user profiles. Hmmmm. I wonder what's up with that?!

Pretty unfriendly, if you ask me.....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

No, I don't but I just did and you're right! After Terry had her stalker incident I wiped most of my information off my profile, deleted pics and user notes etc. There are definitely some crazies out there and you can't be too careful.
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree with you Chelea. I also wiped most of my profile when that happen to Terry.

I don't usually. I look at a profile to see where they might live sometimes or if they are acting a little strange. I never put anything back after the 'improvements'.
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Gosh, your correct, navigating is not easy as a guest perhaps they should join πŸ˜‰.

Comment

Wow. I never noticed any of that. Guess we need to be careful what is in our profile. I am still getting used to the new format
          Karen
          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

WOW....when did this happen to Terry? I don't remember hearing about this?? Maybe this is why I went awhile back to find an address on someone and there was no information, and I know that the person previously had posted it in the user notes.

I agree with Joy, I don't like the idea that there are so many people online that are listed as "guests" .

I just don't understand WHY people do some of the things they do. Over the years, I've started to be a lot more careful about a lot of things. IF I don't recognize the person's phone number or name on the caller ID I don't answer the phone any more.....I have been really diligent as far as blocking numbers I don't know and this has cut WAY down the amount of ROBO calls I get coming into the house. As I tell everyone that calls me, PLZE leave a msg, even if it's just your name because sometimes the Caller ID doesn't say a name, etc. I've had a few people get upset with me over this, but I'm not going to answer the phone if I don't recognize the name or the number. There's so many scams out there.....sometimes all you have to do is say "Hello" and you might get scammed. (this was on one of those TV shows like Dateline, etc. a 3-4 yrs ago.)
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

If your not a registered member, the tech guys should have made it impossible to view any user profile period!! Clicking on a members name should only be viewed by members of the forum, they should be required to log in, and not be able to all their past posts like it is.
              When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

• auntstuff
                auntstuff commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the way most boards like this do it.

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree 100%!

If I'm up early, and there are no opening the day posts, I'll check to see if one of the regulars is on line. Otherwise, nope, I don't check it.
              Katrina

β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

It could be that some of those guests are like me. When they made latest upgrade, I cannot log on from my iPad, but I could view entire posts and activities as a guest. It kept me up to date on posts, but I couldn't comment. That's why I have to go upstairs to office and log on with laptop. I could bring it downstairs and use it all the time, as DH suggested, but this way, I hope to limit how much time that I am on-line.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I never check to see who's on line. On the old forum I used to check profiles sometimes just to see where someone was from but it seems they took that out now. I am against guests being able to view our personal information. I can't even imagine why they would be interested. I did not know Terry was stalked or whatever that story was. Jeez this world can be crazy.

Comment

More than likely the 'guests' are 'miners'..mining for email addresses and or phone numbers. They sell lists of them to advertising companies. It's just another way for someone to make money off you..and your personal information. Consumer information is worth a lot these days, because unfortunately, we have become a world of consumers.
                    😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

We used to have a list of who was online before under where current threads were posted. I've thought about it & while I can move around better now I DO NOT LIKE people scoping out our info. You've probably heard the phrase "better to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission". And yes, the forums are "free" but in the end we DO pay for them with our orders. I personally think too many changes are driving some of our former forum members away. Jus' sayin'. Gina

Comment

Working...
                      X