Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulamoon
    commented on 's reply
    I had an Instacart delivery with a guy who never delivered for me yeterday. He was a funny older guy, but he wasn't wearing one when it's their company policy. I went back and forth about turning him in but decided not too. Now I wonder how he felt about it.

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    In the hospital where I work, everyone (including patients) is required to wear a mask. Employees also have to wear a face shield. I had a patient (who did not want to wear a mask) tell me that COVID-19 is all a hoax, and that only "the crazy people" believe in masks. I was dumbfounded. Nearly 90,000 Americans have died from this, and he thinks it's a hoax.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Oh this is the time for shamesters to come out of the woodwork. I know there are many people that believe that copper bracelets help with arthritis, if that were true, none of us would be taking anti-inflammatories. Then again some people think that Covid is not a problem and like you said Monique, there's a sucker born every day. Reminds me of snake oil salesmen I hear on US TV, having them drink cleaning products to cure the virus.

When we visited friends yesterday, they had bought masks, a square piece of jogging pant fabric with elastic. They paid a lot for them. I told them I would make them proper fitting masks. I have now started putting one layer of polypropylene, so 3 layers in all.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied
    The (very few) times I have been out.....I take a few masks with me (adult and child sizes) and I have offered them to people. There's some store "greeters" that I have given extra masks to. A couple of these "greeters" are disabled (and in wheelchairs) and really appreciated the masks.
    Today, I took both types I've made....the tie ones and the elastic ones.

I actually have had quite a few refuse the masks even though I've told them that I've washed them and put them in unused Zip Lock baggies. One of the women I offered a mask to today told me that she didn't believe COVID-19 was real....it was a hoax (LOL!)
    Most people are grateful though.....it's nice to see a lot of people pulling together and trying to do the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• TMP
    replied
    I also am not sure what purpose the copper has. There are a lot of people out there who have no way of making a mask. I know alot of people who dont sew. I guess that might be the only way they can get one.
    I have been making them for friends and family and have called a few people who I thought might need them and I am just giving them to them.
    I gave up on the elastic ones, several reasons, can't find elastic and they were either too big or too small. I have been making the simple ones with ties. Yes it takes longer but they fit just about everyone.
    My daughter has kept in touch for years with a former employee of hers. She made the lady a quilt and sent her some of the mask I had made. She was so thankful that she called her and cried. She said she and her husband had a doctor's appointment and they needed mask and had none.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied
    A fool and his money are soon parted...anyone that is stupid enough to pay that much for a mask, deserves to be ripped off.

Leave a comment:

• Trudy A
    replied
    Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
    Its easier to fool people than it is to convince them they are being fooled.....
    I agree, some people are so afraid that they will fall for anything.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    BUT WAIT, there's more. I would not trust "As seen on tv". And I wouldn't pay that price either.

• auntstuff
    replied
    Its easier to fool people than it is to convince them they are being fooled.....

Leave a comment:

• MHG Winnower
    replied
    It is so sad in these days of hard times for all that these companies are taking advantage. Personally, I wouldn't put them in the human category. They are not the only ones which makes it even worse.

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    "As seen on TV" has always been my clue that it is overpriced, worthless junk. Several years ago, there was a store in the Mall of America with that name. I couldn't imagine who would shop there. Perhaps that's why the store is no longer open.

• oldmanquilts
    replied
    "As seen on TV" That bug on the linked page tells most of the story. Free mask? Just pay shipping and handling. That is $11.98 per mask. So... two masks will set you back about $54. What a deal!

What ticks me off is to think that someone is stupid enough to buy into this.

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    commented on 's reply
    on some folks copper causes
    green soiling on skin
    an itchy rash.
    Breathing through it, where does the copper fibres go?

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Teen View Post
    I saw this, too. Greed is the downfall of every empire in history. You would think mankind would learn... So many taking advantage of others.
    Yeah. I'm not really ticked off about it that much. I was just thinking if this company donated needed masks.

Leave a comment:

• Teen
    replied
    I saw this, too. Greed is the downfall of every empire in history. You would think mankind would learn... So many taking advantage of others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X