It's Friday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday!!

Good morning friends. I didn't think I would make it here this morning but I did. I have been up for quite a while. I see a nap in my future.

I had a very quiet day at the post office yesterday. I took a quilt with me but I just didn't feel like quilting. I basically did nothing all day (except the mail). I did get out at lunchtime and picked up a few groceries.

The boys decided to head up the camp last night, so hubby is gone for a few days. I have a few days to myself. Not sure yet what I am going to do with my free time.

I work again today until 2. I will stop and pick up some more elastic. One of the packages of black I bought is too wide, duh!! And I will get more of the white as well. The stuff I have may be too old.

Have a great long weekend friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Is this a long weekend Monique? Humm...I've lost track
    Yesterday we went to the big city of New Bern to get that hot spot. After talking to the sales clerk it seems we were not talking about the same thing in our needs. We ended up with a device called a MI FI that is a little box that you plug in that gets a cell signal and transmit wifi all around the house and we can also take it in the boat. Wow. The device was $49 on sale at Verizon because of the Carona Virus and the service is $80 per month. Seemed like a lot but not as much as two phones and a hot spot I guess.
    So while in town, I noticed a T J MAX was open across the parking lot. Quite a few cars. I needed a gift for DDs birthday as she is coming to visit today for our birthday weekend. She is coming without her DH and children so we will have more visiting time. Anyway, they checked everyone at the door said max. occupancy 109. Odd number, right? Anyway I went in, snatched up a handbag because it would be an easy exchange if she doesn't like it, and went to check out. I counted...there were 70 carts in front of me. 40 minutes to check out. 4 people in the line had on masks. Met a lot of nice people in line. I think this economy may have a good chance to rebound. These shoppers had their carts full!!
    I surely do hope DH and I can get on the same page about the house updates. I feel like he thinks he is in charge of all the money. Go figure. He has projects he thinks are most important and I , do too. We discussed me making a list of what I want done and we will tackle them one at a time. One of the things that glares at me are the ceiling fans on the screened in porch. They are worn out and rusted. He said, "we can paint them" with the salt air new ones will look like that in 5 years. I am not on board with that. We will see. Now he is telling me he thinks the kitchen cabinets are ugly. Well, I sort of like them. Why didn't he mention this when we were looking at the house. Go figure.
    Going to be high 70's today, warmer tomorrow. Weather here is amazing with its ups and downs. A true spring I guess.
    Walk with the Lord today and enjoy the rebirth of spring.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Terri, I've been here three years almost and I'm still finding things I want to get done around the house. I think the next big project is going to be the kitchen. I think I've been avoiding that, because Howard wanted to change one corner of the floor plan. I would like the opening from the kitchen to the 'dining area' (where we have it) to be wider, but that would mean flooring changes in the dining area and kitchen both and wiring, but no plumbing changes. We'll see, it's saving up the cash time for that project anyway!

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Terry, I fly into New Bern whenever I visit DS #2 and family.

• MSN
      MSN commented
      Editing a comment
      At least 70 people standing in line for 40 minutes, and only four were wearing masks? Makes me shudder. Of course, I had a patient tell me today that the CDC recommendation to wear masks is "only because of the crazy people."

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

I started this once and somehow clicked and lost most of the text. Anyway, I'm up early, the tree guys are coming. Mike's left for work. He didn't shut his bedroom door tightly, so a little white pup has nuzzled her way in and under his bed. I bet when the tree guys get here, she'll be barreling out.

I organized the scraps I've cut from the Christmas fabrics. I'll cut them into strips and sew together for the binding. This pattern is growing on me. I know I'll have to do at least 4 quilts with 20 squares because of the long legged men folk. The grands already have flannel Christmas quilts, so I don't have to make any for them. We'll see how far that stack of squares on the couch goes. I think today, I'll sort darks and lights and maybe just do one and knit some on my afghan.

Once the tree guys leave, I can get started on my morning routine. I won't know how to act when kids start coming back over routinely. I'll have to change my routine again. I was planning to call about a hair appt. but the computers went down at Office Max so Mike couldn't confirm his schedule. I guess I'm still on hold
    for that. I guess since it's so long I should look at new styles. lol that never works out well.

Time to warm up the coffee and start sorting squares. Have a great day!

Katrina

β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning. Here we are at Friday. It is supposed to be a nice, warm day. We are thinking about going to a museum riday where, although the actual museum is closed, they have gardens and outdoor sculptures on their grounds that you can enjoy.

Yesterday we got a grocery delivery and we used Instacart instead of Peapod. I was happier with ot than peapod because there is an actual shopper in the store who can text with you about substitutions or any other questions they might have. And I got everything on my list or a good substitution including bleach and TP! I was a happy camper yesterday. I tried using instacart when this whole craziness began but there were never any shoppers available. I hope the availability continues.

I made some more masks yesterday and had a "curbside" pickup. I have more to make and get into the mail over the next few days andcthen I need to build up my stockpile again.

Monique, enjoy your free time. Do what brings a smile to your face. Katrina, those Christmas quilts sound very interesting. Terry, what a very busy time you are having. Andcso many decisions to make. I am sure it will all work out. Just keep communicating.

Have a Happy Friday all.
      Last edited by Ginny B; May 15th, 2020, 05:38 AM.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Ginny, I have been using BJ's weekly for groceries and besides the one mishap have been really pleased. I love how the shopper can communicate with you about your order too. Last week's order was delivered within 1 hour of ordering. If that keeps up it will be hard to go back to shopping in the store again.

• SagedCrone
        SagedCrone commented
        Editing a comment
        My niece and sister are doing the 'shopping' for others right now. She's apparently making very good money at it. If I didn't live so far out I might would too, but I live almost 70 miles from closest 'city'.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Cloudy this a.m. It's supposed to rain this afternoon -- possibility of severe thunderstorms. I don't know if I'll have time to spread the fertilizer before it storms. I have a dr. appt. at 10:15 & have another errand. I had planned to do the fertilizer last eve., but it was sprinkling, so I headed to the sewing room. I pieced on the ugly quilt.

My PT session went well yest. I did 8.5 min. on the exercise bike & went 1 mi. I sure feel it in my legs afterwards. I have 1 more appt. next week.

I hope everyone has a good day & a good week end ahead.

Comment

• SagedCrone
        SagedCrone commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll have to put pictures up of the ugly quilt....It's rained on and off here for several days now..yesterday was sunny most of the day then in came the rain again..and looking to be 80-90% today. Congrats on the mile!

Good morning!

The sun is peeking out -- the forecast is for upper 60's, maybe low 70's, and rain.

My computer is giving me some trouble this morning -- it says it is connected to the wifi, but when I try to connect to the internet it just sits there. It is definitely the computer because my tablet still works. I emailed work I was having issues, here's hoping I can troubleshoot the problem without having to buy a new computer.

I need to run up to the bank today. Mom and I both have CD's due. If I don't go up there, they will roll the CDs over to the lowest rate they have. We are allowed to wear masks in the bank; I asked. I could call in for my CD, but with the power of attorney they won't let me do that for Mom's. Power of attorney is such a necessary evil. On the one hand, you need it so your loved one can be taken care of; on the other hand, the banks assume you are a crook trying to defraud a helpless senior citizen, and make even the simplest of transactions as difficult as possible. The last time I was in the bank for over half an hour and I wasn't taking any money out!

The head of my company is having a virtual meeting later this morning to discuss the projected budget impact of Covid-19. They are doing their best not to lay anyone off, but if the budget shortfall is substantial, I don't see how they can avoid them. Here's hoping the news won't be too bad.

Time for a second cup of tea and to find a solution to my connectivity problem. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SagedCrone
        SagedCrone commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad you mentioned POA's..cause it reminded me that I need to get either my son or my DIL to be mine. Thanks for the reminder. Sorry you have such a time with it at the bank!

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was gorgeous, 72 and partly sunny. Today should be about the same. Helped the hubby wash our two vehicles but made the mistake of putting my hair in a ponytail, my hair is very heavy and long, so I ended up with a headache. Haven't had a headache for quite some time, maybe since I retired over a year ago.

The pegboard has been framed and is now ready for me to put in the pegs so I will get that done today. I am taking a day or two break from hand quilting as my finger needs to heal up a little before I continue. Still should have plenty of time to get it completed. If time allows I will probably work on the blankets for my daughter's daycare kids.
      Carlie
      Carlie

Comment

Finally Friday!

It's been a busy week helping DD with grandson on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Through the eyes of a child life is very good. Little man leads grandma on quite an adventure on these days with his imagination.

We are expecting a rainy weekend so I'll work on inside projects. The storm shutters are scheduled for installation next week. Just in time for the June 1st season.

Terry, Good luck with all your projects. It does seem like husbands and wives have very different opinions of projects to be done. The one that glares at me is the popcorn ceilings. I would love to have them removed.

Time for more coffee and then to finish sewing some masks that I promised. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SagedCrone
          SagedCrone commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhh..popcorn ceilings..what a nightmare! My DD and SIL took theirs down ..it was..'messy'..even with the way they did it inside the bag..it was still messy. Good luck with that!

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't worry about our popcorn ceiling; it's in the living room & hallway. We've never tried to paint it or have it removed. There's a good chance there is asbestos in it, so we leave it undisturbed. Our house was built in 1972. I still like looking at the little sparkles in it.

• grammaterry
          grammaterry commented
          Editing a comment
          Popcorn ceilings were my daughters nemesis too and after 13 years in her house she is down to half a bedroom ceiling to complete. Such a messy job. and overhead work. Hard

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day outside right now. Heavy rains causing street flooding are expected tomorrow. I have sheets in the washer. I should be able to get them back on the bed before leaving for my much needed haircut appointment. Then I will decide what's next. I do need to go through my stash and find binding for the Flinstones quilt. It will be nice to complete a project. I have one more mask to make for a friend, but that won't take long. I will likely pick a top to put on the LA and quilt. Need to do some more organizing and cleaning in the sewing room. Well, I definitely have things to choose from.

Here's hoping everyone has a good day.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          Wile some businesses will start to open next week. Hairdressers, nail salins and all hands-on series will be the last phase to open. My roots are showing gray but its liveable. If its gets too distracting, I have box kits to do myself. Inhave been trimming my bang and letting sides grow. I can almost tie in ponytail. I've Never done that in my life. Always had short hair. Doesn't look bad.

• KarenC
          KarenC commented
          Editing a comment
          SagedCrone, Oh my, do I know what you mean. So I did get the haircut, but to be honest this is the 2nd one that I am not really happy with. It's still too long. I will decide before the next one whether to go back to him or not. Thought about getting the nails done, but I'm just not ready to get back in a nail salon yet.

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Learn to cut you own hair, folks. Our hair salons & barber shops are open now. I'm waiting for a massage! It's been 2 mos.

Hi friends,
        just checking in,
        today its sunny,
        have a fabulous day in all your days adventures.
        Hugs
        T

Comment

Morning all,

Sunny day here again, feels good to sit outside and soak some up for a bit. Yesterday I planted flowers in all the planters on the deck while my husband cut the lawn.

Today we went to the cemetery to put some lilacs on my mother-in- law's and grandmother's grave. They loved when our lilac bush bloomed, and always commented on how much they loved them so each year when they bloom we take a big bouquet there.

Our community hospital has put out another call for masks as they are running low. I have a small amount of elastic left so I will make some for them till I run out.

Not much else new with me so I'll wish everyone a good day, be well and stay safe.

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• toggpine
            toggpine commented
            Editing a comment
            There was no elastic to be had around here, so I went with the ponytail elastics. I bought 30 for $1 at the Dollar Tree. The nasty kind with the metal clip. I cut them at the metal clip and stitched them into the seam. They work really well.

Good morning all! Expecting rain here too. It will be welcome ... I planted some shrubs yesterday, and there's nothing like a nice soft rain to get them "settled".

Our province has finally decided not to reopen schools until September in our area. Even though we're about 25 miles north of Montreal, we're still considered part of the Greater Montreal Area. Covid situation is nowhere near under control. Most parents and teachers are relieved. A lot of disappointed kids though because at one point it looked as if schools would reopen May 25.

Stay safe !

Comment

• SagedCrone
            SagedCrone commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they've decided much the same here in my area of Montana too. No physical school the rest of the school year. They are still doing the packets and internet till the end of term.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            I know in Ontario, they have extended closures to end of May, but parents and teachers are expecting this will be extended to the fall. This is reviewed regularly.

Morning everyone!
          I have to tell you something..I feel guilty. Yep..woe is me...guilt! lol
          Over the last few months, since about January I have made it a goal to work daily on any one of the current projects I have going ( 1 cross stitch, 1 needlepoint and 3 quilts) even if for only 5 minutes one of them gets that 5 minutes, sometimes 2 of them and most times more than 5 minutes.
          But...for the past 2 days..I haven't touched any of them. ((Ohmy!))
          Yesterday, we worked on the camper for several hours, so I'm ok with this part..but the rest of the day I played 'SIMS'..(I love sims)
          The day before..........ohmygoodness I was such a slug.
          I played SIMS all day..ALL day I tell you! Such a slug! I will say....I had not played since Dec 26. So it wasnt/isnt like I play every day..I hadn't played in months so why oh why do I feel such guilt for giving myself a day of 'fun' with no commitments?? LOL

On a serious note..do any of you feel 'guilty' when you take a 'you' day or two out of your schedule??

When I worked full time as a dispatcher, our schedules were brutal. We did 14 hour shifts and every other weekend it was a 3 day stretch of those 14 hrs..starting on Friday and ending on Sunday, I barely saw home more than 8 hrs in 24 for 3 solid days. It was kind of a crazy schedule, anyway..you get used to it. After so many hours during that three day period, your brain is in mush mode by Monday morning. Seriously. So, I made a commitment that after my long weekends ..that Monday, was "No Commitment Mondays." Meaning I didn't promise anyone, even myself, nothing! No..I had to's, would do, could do ANYTHING! I kept it open and did what I wanted. I made no appointments ...nothing. If I slugged it...I slugged it. I could sit in my recliner all day if I chose, or go out to dinner with friends or go hide in my Hobbit Hole (She shed/craft studio) it was MY day. I loved it. It kept the crazies, the break downs, the call in sick cause your sick of working days to a minimum.
          Since I 'semi retired' and moved in with my son, I have given up my 'no commitment day" in a way..I've moved my 'work' into my crafts/hobbies/quilting and cleaning house here.....so I've decided, in all my scheduling of cleaning and camper work and hobby work, I'm going to add a fun day. Figure if I add a fun day, I won't feel so guilty about being a slug and doing what I want! LOL

Have a great day everyone..and a fabulous upcoming weekend!

Sage, the crone of Slugs
          😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            It's all about doing whatever it takes to recharge your batteries. Abolish the guilt!

• Momofmonsters5
            Momofmonsters5 commented
            Editing a comment
            My 17 year old is addicted to Sims ...she was up til 4am playing lol.

• SagedCrone
            SagedCrone commented
            Editing a comment
            MomofMonsters5 YEP! I've been playing SIMS since it's original release in 2000. Hard to believe it's been 20 years! There are very few 'games' I actually play..and SIMS is one of them. The other 3 are city building games that went extinct with the dinos, but I love them and still play them! (Zeus, Pharaoh and Emperor)

I don't know what Sims is but I think we all need no commitment time whether it is a day or even just an hour, we need down time.
          I do know what you mean about feeling guilty about it, πŸ™„ then I tell myself I am OK to do what I want for a while.😁

Comment

• SagedCrone
            SagedCrone commented
            Editing a comment
            SIMS is a simulation game. In the "SIMS"..you are create a person to simulate 'life'. But it's all about teaching skills (life, work and hobby related skills) to your little sim character. They have to control money, play time, rest time, home buying, job or career, health..everything from bathroom to cooking!..it sounds odd, but is absolutely fun! The best parts are designing a house for your sim character if you like. You can always choose a 'game' house, or build your own and decorate it. Your little person can get married, have children, grow up and grow old and die. SIMS is now in it's 4th generation with SIMS4 coming out just a few years ago. Original SIMS can be had for a song now (money wise). Totally fun..

Good day everyone,
          Its been a few days of new routine. Morning coffee but cant access the forum in iPad since last upgrade. Now, I need to get my laptop which is set up in the office upstairs. I have been getting things done. Yesterday, we picked up coffee, dropped off tools to SIL and visited with GKs, and my son dropped by to borrow power washer. Then I worked on my 9patch hourglass quilt blocks.

Today, my son picked up burgers and fries and we ate outside. We also video call with mom on the porch. It freezing cold today and raining. We picked up some wine at post office we ordered from a favorite winery. Monique -thank you for your service. I am now wrapped up in a quilt enjoying a glass of wine. I am bone cold chilled. Mom looked better today, was more cohesive and not complaining about dizziness and nausea. She said, if she got worse again where she needs intervention, she doesn't want anything done. Mom has discussed this with me many times. I know her wishes but my son was a bit surprised. The nurse called afterwards, they have tested her again this week as she had a cough, no results yet frim 3rd test. Lets hope its still negative. There are so many different reactions and symptoms with C19.
          This weekend we are expecting warm weather. I may do some yardwork, or not.

Have a great weekend.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
          X