So frustrated with shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So frustrated with shipping

No not MSQ. Today was the first time in ages I've ordered so I'm anticipating 10 to 15 days.

I hate to tell you how many things are so screwed up shipping wise no matter where I order. One company that's always been good cashed my money back on Apr 23. Fedex said label was made and estimated delivery. The day before I got a your item is late. When I checked it out further it turns out the company had not yet given them the package!!! It was now May 6. I called the company and they apologized and said they see to it that it would be shipped out right away. Hummmm, still no package and the old tracking number says they haven't received it yet. I emailed the company Monday and they still haven't gotten back to me. Two packages from Amazon individually has said their packages were coming "tomorrow"......nope still haven't gotten them. A JoAnn's order told me a week ago that one item was cancelled but the others would be here ....tomorrow...that was three days ago. Today I got a package with two of the 6 items that were suppose to come. One of the two items was the item they cancelled. Say WHAT? All these places have taken the money out of my account but how the #$[email protected] am I suppose to track what is really coming or not coming or based on the convoluted information, wrong information or no information I'm getting????? In the meantime I order from a company two days ago and it came today!!! Like really fast!!
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Thriftbooks is still being very good to deal with, as it the place I buy dvd's. Fabric, not so much....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I frequently buy used books from Thrift Books. Their service always has been excellent. Books shipped same or next day. I have not ordered anything during the pandemic, so I have no clue what kind of service I'll get now. I do need to place an order for items from Amazon.

I have been dealing with similar issues for months, especially from Sam’s and WM. Amazon has been pretty good. I hope you get your orders straightened out. Yes, it’s a nightmare to track.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I've had problems with Amazon since Christmas, although they have gotten better. Amazon tracking and USPS tracking don't always match. Amazon will show it at my PO and USPS shows it not shipped yet. I try not to track them anymore and just be surprised. lol

I've been ordering from Ebay and Etsy and get things super fast.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Sorry that you having such problems with your orders. I've been fortunate so far with orders.

I keep a folder in my email file with order confirmations until they are delivered.

ETA: The emails are deleted when I receive the orders.
        Last edited by Rhonda K; May 14, 2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I did a huge ..hundreds of $ order from Walmart for stuff to fix up this rental and make it a home. Yhe packages are trickling in everyday. My BF has been keeping tally since he does the finances. Today I got something I forgot about, it's very confusing!!

Comment

Same up here in Canada. Fabric I ordered Apr 18 has finally shipped and I think it is stuck in Chicago.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I totally get what you're saying. Even a package I ordered from M* got the royal tour... from KS, to GA, to NC, back to KS starting point... I have a package from Amazon that's been at JFK since May 3 that the shippers said give it one more week. Time's up on that one. Who knows if I'll ever see that package or get my money back. I guess it's try again day.

I hope things get turned around!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

And, most of the companies I have delt with lately just don't care. I ordered two wool sweaters from Aran in Ireland a month ago and that afternoon they posted 20% off sale. I emailed and told them I'd like that discount. They said no so I said, well, I can cancel the order and reorder it. NO, no cancelations after an hour. After a while I convinced him to cancel and he said it would be shipped but they would recall the item when it arrived. Finally after 3 weeks, I contacted Paypal and requested a refund. Amazingly, the refund came the next day.
                Another company offered me a 10% new customer discount. When I checked out, I couldn't find a place to enter the code. I thought, well, it will show up on the final. NOPE. I called, they said they would apply it to my next order. I told them no thanks I wouldn't be ordering from them ever again. I tried to cancel but no....no cancelation after the order had been in for an hour. I wonder if this is a new policy with online ordering.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

I order a lot from Amazon and have their Prime membership. For awhile, the orders were not shipping out immediately like they're supposed to with Prime. I suppose they've hired more people because things are picking up now. I'm not getting my orders in the 2 days but they aren't taking a week or more, either. One fabric store that I order from has their brick and mortar closed and only the family members working for the online orders. They still are shipping yardage and everything else the same day or next business day. I ordered quite a bit of fabric on Sunday and I received it on Tuesday. Granted, it's only travelling 200 miles, but I was surprised it came so quickly. Everyone is experiencing shipping problems, I believe, because they don't have the employees they used to or because the shipping companies are busier than usual.
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

I have a good one for you. I occasionally buy fabric from a couple of destash sites on FB...bought, paid through PayPal, as I always do...and not once...but 3 times, my packages were shipped to the JoAnn store that is the closest to me...still not that close. PP claims it is because my cookies, and cache were not cleared....like hth is that even a thing as to where get my packages get shipped, when that address shows up absolutely no where in my PP account. I did however place an order with J a month ago, and did curb side pick up...Twice now my DH had to drive the 22 miles to that store to pick up my shipments...and now there is another one sitting there, that was delivered today.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

It took over a month for me to get 3 spools of White Mettler thread!!

A lot of stores are not shipping from a warehouse location. They are shipping from the stock that they have in their brick and mortar stores. The stores are not open to the public but they are filling orders. This way they can continue to keep a few of their employees on the payroll. This is why sometimes you will place one order and it will be shipped in several packages from different locations. I know that Gap and Old Navy are doing this.
                      Last edited by TMP; May 17, 2020, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X