Subsidy and Social Security cks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subsidy and Social Security cks

did anyone see in the news that the government is thinking of giving more money this next time but not sending Seniors their Social Security checks! what is the use of sending the subsidy then? I would rather tell them to forget it. sigh. I knew this nice thoughts for people wouldn't last.

I dont know about your benefits, but today it was announced that seniors would receive a one time payment of $500. $300 to seniors who have their Canada Pension Plan supplemented due to lower income, and another $200 who receive a Guaranteed Income Security --for those that are at poverty level. I think if you earn less than $25K you will receive it. I guess it will help many.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Wouldn't they have to send a letter out before they did something like that? Oh wait, that would cost to much.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm still dealing with the first check. The IRS mailed Mom's check, instead of depositing it in her account like they do her social security. Her main bank is drive through service only. I have to take my power of attorney to the bank so they can make a copy and send it to legal to decide if I can deposit the check or not. The bank has all these hoops because it is a government check. 😕

Comment

• bubba
          bubba commented
          Editing a comment
          All you have to do is write on the back 'FOR DEPOSIT ONLY' and the account number. I have done it several times with no problems.

• JulieC
          JulieC commented
          Editing a comment
          I asked the bank about deposit only, but they want the paperwork. Maybe they are worried about fraud?

even though they deposit my SS check, they mailed mine. one never knows exactly what will happen. they have never been well organized.
        Oh i've never figured out why one cannot deposit a check. it's not like you are taking money out, only putting it in!!

Comment

he, he. sometimes signing a name and putting into the night deposit will work well. just saying....

Comment

We're still waiting for our stimulus checks. We have any tax refunds mailed to the house, not put in the bank, so they said it would take longer. I wonder how much longer.

They better not mess our with SS! No pay cuts, please!

Comment

• bubba
              bubba commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe I heard it could take up to three months if you did not use direct deposit. We got ours the first week.

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't gotten mine either, Joy. Both boys got theirs the first week. The Get My Payment has that I'm qualified and the last 3 digits of my checking account but no date listed. I've kind of given up on it.

We are still waiting on our stimulus check too. We have our tax refunds mailed to our house as well. My mother has her tax refund mailed to her house too and she received her stimulus in the mail about 3 weeks ago. Not sure the how they are doing it. Gotta wonder!
            Nancy

Comment

For those of you who are U.S. Residents and still waiting for your check in the mail. Many of my clients (I'm an accounting/tax professional) have been calling me this week, and the checks are starting to show up in their mail boxes. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

Comment

We got our Stimulus check about 3 weeks ago. A letter from the Treasury Dept telling us that the check was on the way came just last Friday. A couple of friends said the same thing happened to them. It’s the Government, they are NOT very efficient. After dealing with them for 25 years (I was an accountant/business manager) I don’t expect it.
                They sent a check too, even though we have our SS payments & any tax refunds direct deposited into our account.
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Still waiting for stimulus check here too. Website says I am eligible but no other info except check back for updates. Hmmm. I heard they are processing 5 M checks a week but idk if that includes direct deposit, so that number is somewhat meaningless to me.

Comment

I received mine. I do direct deposit.

Comment

native texan, where exactly did you hear this information about stimulus money affecting social security checks? That's a serious charge and I'd like to know for sure if it's true.
                      Last edited by chelea; May 12, 2020, 11:35 PM.
                      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I have not heard anything to this effect. I think you are mistaken...please post link to where you read, or heard this.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

I think this what Native Texan saw: https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/wh...urity-benefits

It was also on Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shaharz.../#27c4fc477981

It is just a proposal and looks to impact people who haven't retired yet.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                            Nwmnteacher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You're right, Julie. It would be a type of "loan" from future SS benefits.

• chelea
                            chelea commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's a lot different from "not sending Seniors their Social Security checks". In this day and age, it's important to be critical about sources of information.
                            Last edited by chelea; May 13, 2020, 09:52 AM.
                        Working...
                        X