Welcome Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Thursday

Good morning dear friends. Well I never made it to the sewing room yesterday after all. Doug and I set out for our groceries and were home a little over an hour later. Then the squirrel set about looking for the hummingbird feeders. Couldn't find those. One more place to look. And then hubby wanted to take a drive and he eventually took me out to lunch. Driving through Shawville I remembered that we both needed our medication so a stop at the pharmacy was next on the list. By the time we got back it was 2pm. I felt tired, so off for a nap. The phone woke me up at 4.

I am expecting my friend to come today. She has a pair of pants that need to be hemmed. We will keep out distance.

Then maybe just maybe I can get into the sewing room. I have to work tomorrow and Monday. I have been given permission to arrive earlier on Monday as the volume of parcels is overwhelming. I forgot that we now have a truck deliver on Sunday and then another again on Monday. OH BOY!!! We see this at Christmas time not this time of year.

The cold is to descend on us this weekend. Snow flurries expected. And here I thought it was Spring.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

I may or may not have time to be here tomorrow morning.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Well, yesterday had this big huge thunder and lightening morning and I figured it to be a lost day. But, by 10am the sun was shining , the birds were singing and it was a beautiful 65 degrees. I had seen an ad for some porch furniture on the local on line paper but it was 600 dollars and I have a lot of needs in that price range that don't involve outdoor furniture but in small print it said they had two wicker chairs for $40. So DH and I called and went and they are beautiful. Doesn't really look like anyone ever sat in them. I put them on the front porch here and am excited to own them for the new houses' screened in porch. DH must have gone out and sat on the front porch 10 times last evening. He said, "I like your new chairs" Hummm....he sure was grumbling about them when I told him I wanted them. oh well...
    Its Thursday and tomorrow the septic people are suppose to give some word as to the condition of the unit at the new house. Then, the sellers can decide if they are going to fix it or find a new buyer I guess. I hate to think of all the money and time we have put into inspections and just walk away but I guess if it comes to them not fixing it we will have to.
    We drove out there yesterday and I saw a jelly fish by the dock. Pretty fascinating. Then I read up on them when we got back. They are virtually immortal. The owl that lives in the attic peeked out and DH got to see her. I imagine its almost time for her babies to fly the nest and then they will leave.
    I've been reading a lot more than sewing since we got here. Found a series of detective type books that make me laugh. Simple fast reading but they are more entertaining than TV
    Stopped at the thrift store on the way home. I am amazed at the way the people price that stuff. You really have to look for a bargain. I know it is for charity but when they have something good it is priced sometimes higher than new. Go figure. The place is jammed up with stuff. If they would price it to sell they would have more room.
    Coffees ready. Guess I'll go get a cup. May the Good Lord walk with you today and always.
    wouldn't let me post without a picture...hummm
    Attached Files
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Terry ~ That quilt is soooo beautiful! What a fantastic job you've done!

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Terry, I love wicker on a porch. You got a great deal. I envy the owl sighting. It's one of my favorite birds. Gina

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
    Well, yesterday had this big huge thunder and lightening morning and I figured it to be a lost day. But, by 10am the sun was shining , the birds were singing and it was a beautiful 65 degrees. I had seen an ad for some porch furniture on the local on line paper but it was 600 dollars and I have a lot of needs in that price range that don't involve outdoor furniture but in small print it said they had two wicker chairs for $40. So DH and I called and went and they are beautiful. Doesn't really look like anyone ever sat in them. I put them on the front porch here and am excited to own them for the new houses' screened in porch. DH must have gone out and sat on the front porch 10 times last evening. He said, "I like your new chairs" Hummm....he sure was grumbling about them when I told him I wanted them. oh well...
    Its Thursday and tomorrow the septic people are suppose to give some word as to the condition of the unit at the new house. Then, the sellers can decide if they are going to fix it or find a new buyer I guess. I hate to think of all the money and time we have put into inspections and just walk away but I guess if it comes to them not fixing it we will have to.
    We drove out there yesterday and I saw a jelly fish by the dock. Pretty fascinating. Then I read up on them when we got back. They are virtually immortal. The owl that lives in the attic peeked out and DH got to see her. I imagine its almost time for her babies to fly the nest and then they will leave.
    I've been reading a lot more than sewing since we got here. Found a series of detective type books that make me laugh. Simple fast reading but they are more entertaining than TV
    Stopped at the thrift store on the way home. I am amazed at the way the people price that stuff. You really have to look for a bargain. I know it is for charity but when they have something good it is priced sometimes higher than new. Go figure. The place is jammed up with stuff. If they would price it to sell they would have more room.
    Coffees ready. Guess I'll go get a cup. May the Good Lord walk with you today and always.
    wouldn't let me post without a picture...hummm
    Sorry Terry, I thought the picture you referred to was under your other post. I see it here in the daily thread.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

grammaterry, what a beauty that quilt top is, so glad you had to post a photo. If you posted this previously I missed it. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Comment

Good morning!

We have a beautiful start to the day here, with lots of sunshine. Temps will be closer to normal with a high around 60 (normal is 66). We need to enjoy it today, we have snow in the forecast. I brushed the rabbit's fur last night, as her spring shed has gotten rather heavy. Well, I think it's her spring shed -- we're expecting highs in the 40's and snow tomorrow. I'm hoping the bunny isn't trying to tell me we're going to have six more months of winter! 😀

Mom's facility called -- she fell twice yesterday. Neither fall required a trip to the ER. That's four falls in <1 week. They want to hide her walker and keep her in her wheelchair until physical therapy can check her out. I am concerned about bed sores as her wheelchair is a travel chair, not designed for long-term sitting. They will also use an alarm pad. Looks like I will be buying a new wheelchair for her soon. If the nurse practitioner writes a prescription for it, Medicare should cover some of the cost.

I need to run up to the store today to buy a Mother's Day card. My sister will drop it off tomorrow when she takes Mom her weekly care package.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Mom had an egg crate looking cushion for her wheel chair, maybe that would help.

• 201 Treadler
          201 Treadler commented
          Editing a comment
          they called memory foam cushions they are comfy too, sir hogs mine, funny enough they fit in a pillow case, if do get an wheel chair there are some on amazon, look for weight, then if a self drive or push model,some are reasonably priced and some are more technical so prices are higher,
          Am sorry your mum keeps falling, is she taking all tablets, or taking then hiding under pillow. this is such a worry at these times. prayers fingers are crossed gravity does not happen again. Hugs T

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It seems strange to now have it daylight when we're getting around in the mornings. We put up the umbrella on the patio picnic table & move it over next to the kitchen window so it acts as an awning for the window. That window faces east. The full moon was beautiful as it rose in the eastern sky yest. eve. & was setting in the west this a.m.

The Air National Guard had a fly-over of F-16s yest. afternoon along the Front Range in honor of Nurses' Day & health care workers. I didn't see them, but there's a good pic in this morning's paper.

I worked on the binding of the baby quilt yest. afternoon. One side is sewn on, turned over & pinned waiting for the final stitching. I'm so glad I'm almost done with this project.

Tomorrow I'll be making chicken soup, so I need to get groc. today & do the veg. prep. this eve. I also need to run to the home center for several items.

One of the LQSs will be opening up this week end, but by appt. only.

Comment

Good morning all. The sun is shining this morning which always makes for a nice start to my day. Although I see that we are going to have some colder weather coming in.

I got to spend some time sewing yesterday. I completed some masks that were already cut out. They will be kept in a bin in reserve so that I have some already completed in case someone asks for some. I just have 3 more to finish. I also got to work on an order for a cushion that I got just before this craziness hit. I needed to get some supplies and, of course, couldn't go to the store. But I've got what I need now through the mail. How I'll get it delivered to her when it's done I am not quite sure of since she lives pretty far away but I am sure we will figure it out. It will be probably be a road trip with a porch drop. It felt good to work on it.

Hubby turned the news on yesterday at 4 and their constant droning on and on and repeating the same things over and over just got to me so by 5:15 I just said to him Enough! and flipped off the tv. Somedays I just can't deal with it.

We are expecting a grocery delivery today and received notice that it will be here between 8 and 10 tonight. I hope we get the majority of what we ordered.

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and smile.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, I can just take so much "news", after seeing the same film clip three days in a row you know it is not new.
            Last edited by Claire Hallman; May 7, 2020, 03:15 PM.

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            I've quit watching the news. You're right, there are so many ways to answer the same question. I wish they'd start saying "Asked and answered" and move on to someone else. If they started losing their turn, I'd bet things would change.

It worked in my classroom, I don't see why it wouldn't work there!

We are having cooler than normal temps here in north central Alabama, It is ok since it will be scorching soon enough. It is sunny and pretty but breezy.
          I have noticed about half of the people that are out are wearing masks, I don't understand but will keep wearing mine. I know they are uncomfortable but I am sure a casket is also. I am going to the local quilt shop today, it is impossible to match a color online unless you know the fabrics are from the same line and I need some aqua/greenish/blue-ish background for my next creation.🤪 I am so ready to start something new and exciting.
          That is great news about Annika's brother improving. I wish we heard more news about recovery.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
            201 Treadler commented
            Editing a comment
            things has changed see thread brother 3 update.

Oh boy the winds blew through last night! This morning is chilly! It's beautiful now, clear sunny skies.

Mike and I went to the Dollar Tree to pick up a gift bag for David's quilt. Jim and Morgan are planning to take the truck Sunday, so I asked him to pick up the quilt and take it. There won't be room for me to go. No worries, I wasn't really thrilled about going even having service outside. We went to Hobby Lobby to pick up another skein of yard for my afghan. No line and not too many folks inside. I picked up another pair of gloves, I lost one of mine. It will probably show up now.

Mike's at work, called in early so he's not sure what time he'll be home probably after 3. Apparently, his schedule is pretty much the same next week. 4 days off, 3 days on. We'll see how long this will last since FL and GA have opened up. They're on skeleton staff, so they don't have anyone available to help customers on the floor. I can't imagine that's too good for the long term business.

Morgan's working 6 of the next 7 days. That's going to be rough for Jim's last days of school. He'll be done the end of next week. Some of the seniors are already finished. It's been bitter sweet, not getting to see them graduate for him. He's not saying he won't be back, but they've only scheduled him for 1 campus so he'd only work 2 days a week. They really can't afford to lose more of his salary. The kids I guess will be starting home school with Nana and me next week until the end of the month. That will give Jim two weeks to focus on finding a 'real' job with his new skills. More and more it's sounding like he may have to move to find a job. It's making me nervous. I keep seeing him standing in front of the church as a young Boy Scout receiving his Scout of the Year award, telling the congregation he had to thank his PUSHY PARENTS, for helping him earn the award. I guess he learned from the best.

Terry, the lady that bought Mom's house wanted the Ph of the well changed. The only way to do that was to pour bleach down the well. I can't imagine what kind of trouble she bought herself with us giving in on that request because the chlorine had to be flushed out of the well and you know where it went, right into the septic tank. I hope you're able to get the septic system taken care of, I know it would be disappointing to get this far and lose the sale.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• grammaterry
            grammaterry commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for thinking of me. I know what will be will be on the house and perhaps it isn't suppose to be but its the first place I've had any excitement about moving to.

Good morning to all,

I need to finish my cup of coffee and get my running sandals on since it's a DGS afternoon. I visited the LQS yesterday for a couple of things. It's hard to shop and think with a mask on. My die is coming today so I'll cut some masks from larger-sized fabrics in the scrap bucket.

Happy Stitching!

Comment

Good morning. We will have a sunny and cool day. I did not get into my sewing room yesterday. I am on a roll with my scrapbooking. I wanted them up to date with journaling . My DH is dropping off one of the cuffs at the hospital today to see if it zips into the helmet. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My DH and DS will head up to Penn State to move his stuff left at the fraternity into a storage unit on Sat. Not sure what will happen to the fall semester . Not sure what we will do for Mother’s Day — grill or get take out?

Have a a good day
            Beth

Comment

Hi friends Happy Thursday
              not much happening, but wanted to say hi
              stay well all
              have a great day
              Hugs
              T

Comment

It's late for a Good Morning, but Hello!
                Well, we were going to take one of the cars in for inspection this morning. Mike backed it into the driveway then shut the car off to get something in the house. When he went back out, the car wouldn't start. We called AAA and they were sending someone from 45 miles away! Sheesh. We live less than 5 miles from a large business area. Fortunately, we were able to get a hold of some jumper cables and got the car started. Just got back from the dealer.
                This afternoon we have to take one of the dogs to the vet for a pedicure. He's a 100 pound German Shepherd and can be very stubborn. When he doesn't want to do something it's very hard to make him do it. Thus, it usually takes 5 people to trim his nails- 4 to hold him down. He's not the least bit aggressive and wouldn't know how to hurt someone if he wanted to. He's 13 years old and almost totally blind. He's just stubborn-- gotta love the guy.
                So that's today's schedule. I want to work on the book for my grandson and hope to get that in sometime.
                Have a wonderful remainder of the day, everyone!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                  Simply Quilting commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We had problems with our dog not wanting to get her nails trimmed and it taking 3 of us to do it. When we switched vets, she had a simple solution - a towel with the scent of a rabbit that we put over the dog's head. The scent keeps her distracted while one person pets and talks to the dog the vet is clipping the nails. If I had not seen it being done, I never would have believed how easy it is to trim her nails now. The scented towel keeps her distracted.

• TMP
                  TMP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have never had a problem with Sandy getting her nails done at the vet but, my daughter doesn't get her dogs done very often because they have to put the dog to sleep. I will pass this idea onto her and hopefully they can try something like this because Duke's nails are like razor blades.
              Working...
              X