It's Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday

Good morning everyone. It is a rather grey morning here. I think rain might be in the forecast. We had a beautiful weekend. On Saturday I got my flower bed cleaned up, potted and planted some onions and garlic. Did more outside things. Yesterday we took a drive but still not able to cross the bridge to the other side. Hubby had a craving for McDonalds. Back home and we ate the chip stand here. Supper was pancakes.

I got my backing ready for the baby quilt. The little one is expected in two weeks. I got the address so that I could mail it away when it is finished. I guess I will work on that today.

I made a few more masks and these were 3 layers. This is for our friend who is slowly getting over the virus. He is pretty particular and told me he read somewhere that there is more protection if you can't see the light from a flashlight through the fabric, therefore 3 layers and the light didn't show through. I was also asked to make some crocheted ear savers and a pony tail ear saver. Not sure how to make the pony tail one. I saw a picture. I guess I will just have to make a prototype to see how it fits.

Hubby is taking the van in to have the summer tires put on this morning. No where to go today. We are still at 0 cases but wondering what will happen when the bridges open up again and all those cottagers come rushing to their places. Hopefully they won't be out and about in town and stay in their cottage and bring with them enough supplies to last them a while. I do know that there will a mass exodus to Walmart and the stores that we don't have here in our municipality. I will wait a while before I cross.

There was an online shop hop this weekend with some local and not so local businesses participating. I bought some wide backing from one of my favorite quilt store, Sew Inspired, as she had free shipping. I bought more white tone on tone. I should have enough to last quite a while.

So that is it. Prayers going to those who need them. Stay safe and healthy.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning Monique and all who follow,

Yup is pretty cloudy, cooler and still windy today. While I spent Saturday outside, running errands and visiting, yesterday I was focussed on making caps for nursing staff at mom's residence. I got 20 done and will drop them off today. I dropped off a card and letter to mom since she doesn't have a phone in her relocated space. I am hoping that Bell will call to discuss connection.

Today, I plan to clean up sewing room and try another cap model/style that doesn't take as much fabric. I did go through a fair bit for these caps. I have some masks to finish for friends and mail. Then I'm going to take a short break from making masks and caps.

I was tempted to purchase items on the shop hop, but I'm good for now for fabrics and supplies. The only thing I am getting low on is white, cream and soft gray cotton thread. I suppose I could use polyester thread in a pinch.

Enjoy your day. Be safe.

SuzieQ
    59,474 / 3,682

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Everything outside is wet, so it must have rained in the night. A cloudy morning here, too. The temp. is supposed to be ~70 deg. We had a pleasant 82 yest. Except for church on YT, it didn't seem like Sun. yest. After lunch, I cleaned the stove burners & top, then decided to remove the exhaust fan grill & clean that. Ewwww! About 2 doz. dead flies dropped down on the stove & counter! Brought in the shop vac. from the garage & sucked them up. Re-wiped down the stove top & counter. I soaked the grill in soapy water with ammonia. I cleaned the best I could around the stove hood & the fan blades. I used an old toothbrush to try & clean the grease off the tops of the fan blades. Such close clearances, it was difficult. The grill dried quickly out in the sun on the picnic table.

Since I was in a cleaning mode, I cleaned the fan DH keeps in his BR. He's run it all winter for air circulation. I noticed the blades had a build up of dust. He had to help me pry apart the 2 halves, since there were no little clamps. The clean-up was quickly done.

I put in 30 min. of FMQ on the baby quilt. I think one more session & I'll be done with the quilting.

Today will be the usual Mon. laundry. I have PT in the afternoon. This will be an evaluation of my progress, & probably my last appt. Although I've made progress, I feel like my hip is only ~50% improved. We'll see what the ortho. dr. has to say in a couple weeks. I'm wondering if a shot of cortisone would help with the pain.

Have a good Monday.

Comment

We made a quick trip to the mountains to mow and weedeat. Drove straight there and worked 12 hours and slept 4 and and drove straight back so yesterday was a rest day for sure. I dug up a few hostas and planted them here at the rental house and gave a bag to the neighbors on each side. Spread the love right. Sure was a lot of traffic out there on the highways and all of the drive thrus were crowded as we passed by each little berg. NC is still stay at home but the only thing we noticed was the commuter traffic wasn't there. Listened to a lot of varied talk radio and my conclusion is that "we just don't know"
        Anyway, the new house...we made our requests last week and they are sending someone out to see if our inspector was correct. I guess their guy will be there today sometime. I guess they figure if you look enough times, the problems will go away. Seems like the only people winning will be the people that get paid to inspect. We will see.
        Suppose to be a great day on the water so I think we will probably go out on the boat. The "dish" tech is suppose to come and hook up the satalite this morning. We have been trying to be content with roku but DH said he misses jeopardy. I thought that was funny since he generally falls asleep in his chair about half way thru and then asks me who won.
        The good thing about the trip home was I got to see the iris blooming (both the dwarf wild ones in the woods and the domestic ones) The peonies are ready to burst and the dogwoods were white like snow along all the fields. It was beautiful. The asian lillies look like they will be next. All I missed so far was the massive tulip show. The bad was that I only saw two of my goldfish. I hope the others were just shy and swimming too deep for me to see, but I am guessing something must have gotten them. There were ten big ones and I can't imagine I couldn't spot a little color from more of them than two.
        Brought home a little fabric and some insulbrite to make some potholders. Thought that might be a quick fun project to motivate me a bit.
        Got a video of the 4 month old GC that I've only seen once. He is giggling and squirming and smiling. Oh I miss the babies.
        SC is free to travel but that doesn't help when they have to come into NC so maybe next month.
        DS the pharmacist has booked a cruise. I heard this thru DD. She said, are you crazy and he said, heck, I work at Walmart in the pharmacy, I can't get much riskier. You would think he would be more cautious. I'll have to talk to him this week and see when this plan is. I think he has vacation scheduled for next month.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          An article posted this afternoon. Carnival is starting cruises Aug. 1, Don't know about any other line.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I am shocked that cruise lines are relaxing-opening without any kind of treatment found. This could have been the rush for Florida to re-open. I'm guessing there's a financial incentive. Cruises can operate but must follow the rules of the state/country they are registered in.

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I imagine you really miss all your flowers. It's good you could see so many of them in bloom. Your gold fish -- maybe the bears or raccoons got them. Cruise ships -- I've never had a real desire to take a cruise, but especially not now. I can't imagine how the cruise companies can guarantee the passengers' safety.

Good morning. I am seeing the sun shining out there this morning but I guess it is supposed to be a bit cooler than it was over the weekend. We took advantage of the beautiful weather to be outside for most of the weekend. It felt great and we accomplished quite a bit. Beds got cleaned out, new soil added and now they are just waiting for the vegetable plants. We got some things moved from pots to the ground and even sowed some carrot seeds as well as morning glory and marigold seeds and started some herbs too.

This week I think we will take a ride up to Peekskill and get the tiger lilies out of the ground at Rob and John's. They want to take them with them to their new place.....whenever they can get in to it. The tiger lilies came from descendants of plants that were originally planted by my dad way, way back at our house in Brooklyn. We all have some of them at our homes now and they want to keep a piece of them at their new place too. I will keep them in pots until they get settled and then replant them at the new house . We will keep socially distanced while working on this task of course.

Nothing else very exciting on the horizon for the week. We are getting another grocery order delivered on Thursday. Woohoo! Hopefully we will get the majority of what's on the list. I am sure we will find things to keep ourselves busy each day. There are projects and chores to be tackled.

Have a good start to the week.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning. It is sunny and 64 now. Clouds and cooler weather later in the week. I did very little sewing yesterday. I decided to work on my scrapbooks. I leave the journaling to the very end. I hope my kids will appreciate these books when we are gone.

My friend attempted to sew the cuffs he cuffs and got frustrated with the elastic. So she has decided not to quit. I now have 5 more to do

have a a good day and stay well
          Beth

Comment

Could someone tell me how to add a my picture to my profile?

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              I tried to add a picture to the Secret Santa group, but nothing I tried worked.

• 201 Treadler
              201 Treadler commented
              Editing a comment
              got to top on right > on your name
              in menu > my profile
              look at left side of screen > blue edit avatar
              blank picture should be above name
              a screen comes up just choose how want to load > continue
              hope this helps

Good morning,

Another Monday rolled right in. It looks to be a sunny and hot day here. The front flower bed needs a few bags of mulch to fill the bare spots. The little periwinkles are growing. They are named Cora and so I planted them in memory of my mom. Thinking of our moms as Mother Day is approaching. Our DD has a birthday this week too so we will focus on her and spoil her just a little more this year.

Terry, Your flowers sounds so pretty and quite the flower show. I love all the varieties you can grow there. Our flowers are quite different here in FL

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful day here in sunny FL. The recycling ( Friday pick up) just drove around this morning. At least all of the cans can get off the road now. Yesterday was busy. I have two baby quilts ready to border and nothing to border them with. Since Cinnamon's is opening today, Mike and I are planning a trip. They've set up rules to follow- hand sanitizing at the door, masks required, no more than 4 customers in the store at a time. There maybe a line! I ordered backing fabric yesterday. I'll probably use it for the Noah's Ark panel, too.

I need to stop at the pet store, Gabby would enjoy having more food. I'm about at the bottom of her food container and her after dinner Dental Sticks are running low, too. I'll probably have to stop by the vet's as well. They were supposed to send copy of the vet notes so I can turn in Gabby's bill for insurance reimbursement. I've called twice, but no email with the details yet.

Later, I'll have to write a letter of recommendation for a former colleague. It's been a long time since I've written anything remotely professional in nature. Yesterday, I looked at a variety of templates. I just need the 'who it's going to' portion and I'll be ready to write.

Today, I have to install Zoom on my phone. My VERC lady wants to do a virtual lesson on Thursday. I think it's a waste of my time and hers. I can see me holding my cane, and phone and walking around in the neighborhood. Walking, talking and phoning... all at the same time! I'll have to have super powers!

Jim called yesterday. He wanted recommendations for seafood. They'd volunteered to take dinner to a couple from church (the wife fell and broke her wrist and ended up with plates and screws to fix it). Where they were planning to go was closed. I gave him a list of places we liked. He's lived here 10 years longer than I have and he's calling me with for a list of places to go pick up food. I can't say anything, Mike and I have tried hard to help the restaurants in our neighborhood. I won't know how to act now that they're starting to reopen.

I do hope Office Max will start having more than three staffers in the stores. Mike says the back to school stuff is starting to arrive and they had over 700 pieces of ad set yesterday. He was pooped when he got home, of course, having the heat on instead of air didn't help any.

Time to get started. Gabby's up from her morning nap, trying to figure out where the boy is. Take care and have a great day!

Katrina

β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Editing a comment
                Be careful if you go out with a cane and try to talk on a cell phone. That's a recipe for a fall. Did she suggest that? Be careful.

Today I will brave the store again. We are out of milk and the bread is very low. If the crowd isn't too bad at Lowe's I will try to get a few more plants, I always buy too few, they look bigger before they are planted.πŸ™„ We need a huge bush for the side of our house to hide the garbage cans from the street, hoa rules. The bush that is there is dying which is very sad, I love gardenia bushes but this one is so unhappy. I gave it a dose of Epsom salts yesterday, maybe it will perk up. That will be a project for when we can shop freely. There are a few stores open here but I am ultra cautious since I am old and chubby. Have you noticed how many people shown on the news in dire health from the virus are very overweight?😒

Comment

• TMP
                TMP commented
                Editing a comment
                Amanda and I went out for the first time last Friday in over 6 weeks. We went to Sam's. They had a good selection of everything. Got in and out fairly fast, wiped off things before we brought them in the house and changed clothes and shoes in the garage before we came inside. The line was too long at Costco. I am gaining weight! All I do is eat and plan my next meal.

Good morning!

What difference in the weather today -- overcast skies and 20 degrees cooler than yesterday. Temps will be in the low 50's most of the week, and may drop into the 40's by the weekend. Are we sure it's spring? 🌷

I managed to get video of myself making the chalk 'S' for work. What a pain that was! Now I have to edit the video down to <15 seconds. I took another look at the instructions this morning and they want a third video with a closeup of our letter. That's fine. The videos are long enough for me to separate into two clips. I will be so glad when this project is done!

I think I finally got a handle on my ant problem! I was starting to wonder if they had developed a resistance to the bait. I ended up trying a three pronged approach -- the regular bait, baking soda mixed with powdered sugar, and an ant trap my sister gave me. Their numbers were down yesterday afternoon and this morning I have seen only a couple. I want to go to the store and buy some more of the traps in case they come back.

The sooner I finish editing those videos the sooner my work project will be done. Better get to it. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                Somewhere I heard or read that talcum powder is supposed to be a deterrent.

• SuzyQue
                SuzyQue commented
                Editing a comment
                I have always had success with a line of white vinegar. They will not cross it, so if you can find them as they enter you can stop them in their tracks. We watched one summer as they reached the line, turned around, acted confused a second, then marched away. Never had a problem since.

It was a beautiful weekend here, and I think half of Ohio came to the lake. I hope they didn't bring the virus with them as we had only 1 case here and there were none in the local nursing home where 3 have died. We planned to go fishing over the weekend, but didn't because of the wind. It's hard to keep the boat still in the waves. Today, I'm figuring out what to cook. Is anyone else tired of cooking? I could live on soup and sandwiches, but DH is a meat & potatoes man so I cook for him. Stay safe!
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Editing a comment
                I'm with you -- sick of cooking. I think we have had take out less than 5 times. I have also resisted baking as for sure we would both put on weight. I've stuck to my plateau but husband eats his stress.

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                I am tired of cooking too. We have eaten more take out than ever before. LOL!!

Hello friends, Happy Monday,
              It is cloudy here today with a breeze, we had a sudden hail rain storm last night.
              for lunch we share a warmed baked baguette filled with some stir fry, chestnut mushrooms and some lacto free soft cheese, a clove of garlic, chopped onion, it was very nice.
              surprisingly, the vacuum part arrived, within 5 minutes was fitted, have a workable vacuum again, little joys.πŸ‘πŸ˜
              can just picture all your sparkling flowers blooming.
              Have a great day,
              hugs
              T

Comment

Good afternoon! We are getting a much needed rain after a beautiful weekend. For the first time in weeks, I spent yesterday sewing on a quilt. I did the GE Designs Quarantine Quilt Along 2 - Hope Quilt.

I have been spending many days working on the mask making project - we have the head quarters at Ferluknat Farm. For safety, people are sewing from their homes and we have a driver who picks up and drops off the mask kits (25 masks per kit). There are a few of us who are together putting the kits together, stringing the masks and getting the masks sent out. The delivery driver also delivers the local masks otherwise, they are mailed. So far we have sent out over 5,100. The current goal is 10,000 masks.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At last count, our guild members have made 7,500 masks.

• Monique
                  Monique commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WOW amazing work. I just couldn't make that many myself. I get bored making too many of one thing.

Any one busy tonight? have a look at the sky
                https://www.accuweather.com/en/space...-shower/732705

Comment

• MSN
                  MSN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm smack in the middle of the "poor viewing" zone.
              Working...
              X