Update on my tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my tenant

After I wrote back to her at the beginning of April saying my age,I'm retired, I'm widowed, I'm living on SS, my two dd's lost their jobs, I can't get a loan, I can't go for unemployment, and that house is my only other income. I said okay but with the assurance I get paid back. It was a little better written than that, lol, but I pretty much got all that in.

She never wrote back. So this morning I received the full amount in my bank account. I guess I'll never know what she was thinking, because I never heard from her boyfriend or father. The silence was killing me this month. now I can take a deep breath😌

🌺 Lorie

That's great! Glad you got your income...I sent you a package ..I hope you get it soon!

Comment

Great news. Sounds like she gave it a lot of thought and realized everyone is effected by this pandemic in some way and found another way to tighten the purse strings without causing you any more hardship.

Comment

Colorado's governor has stated no one would get evicted because of being affected by C-19. I can understand if a person has lost their job, etc. However, some renters who are fully capable of paying are withholding rent & taking advantage of this directive. Many landlords are frustrated about recourse. Most of the courts still are closed or open only short times. This was on the Denver news just this evening. I'm glad to hear you got your money.

Comment

I've been thinking about you and wondering what would happen. So glad you got paid in full. For this month, anyway.

Comment

Last night on the news a man was interviewed. He rents some place, I think up in the Seattle area. He feels that all renters should be getting a free ride, and his reason for that is because people who rent houses are rich and they can afford not to collect rent! Why some people feel so entitled is beyond me. If you can't make the full payment of your rent, talk to your landlord and between the two of you, work something out.

I almost think your renter was trying to take advantage of the situation. I'm glad it worked out for you.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
              Last night on the news a man was interviewed. He rents some place, I think up in the Seattle area. He feels that all renters should be getting a free ride, and his reason for that is because people who rent houses are rich and they can afford not to collect rent! Why some people feel so entitled is beyond me. If you can't make the full payment of your rent, talk to your landlord and between the two of you, work something out.

I almost think your renter was trying to take advantage of the situation. I'm glad it worked out for you.
              Hogwash on his comment. Folks who are able to purchase houses and provide for those who need to rent are not getting those houses for free, nor are they maintaining them for free, they most likely, still have mortgages to pay as well. It is their way of providing income for themselves.....duh, why are they called income properties in some areas. Unfortunately, some folks are not in a position to be a bank and backup. This pandemic is causing a domino effect for everyone who is trying to make a living. Stay well. stay in, stay safe. Negotiate with the renters. Life is not a free ride for most.
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Maybe she got her stimulus check? Glad to hear you got the rent!

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what I was thinking! Great minds!

Hey, if you hear someone on TV telling you to save money and share a meal at a restaurant instead ofgetting your own plate...it makes it seem ok
                if they tell you they can't evict you...makes it seem ok
                if they tell you stay home and file for unemployment...it seems ok
                if they tell you, stay home if you don't feel safe...it seems ok
                People need to listen to their conscience and do what they know is right! I'm glad your tennent did the right thing. My income is also dependent upon someone making their payment (a restaurant) So what would my alternative be in your situation. Humm...not really her fault I guess that she can't make a living but the deal was, I need the payment.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Working...
                X