Friday Hellow! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Hellow! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique must have slept in today, so I'll start. Here we are at another Friday, & another week end. I don't have any big plans for the day, except I need to drag out the hoses & start watering the lawn. I just checked the extended forecast & saw some night time lows of below freezing, so I guess I'll hold off on having the sprinkler system turned on. The weather has been quite warm lately, so the ground really is dry. High temp. yest. was 86 which didn't come till late in the day. The afternoon sun really warmed up the house, so it was a warm night for sleeping. I had the windows wide open & the fan going.

An EMT from CO who volunteered to go help in NY has contracted C-19 & died. He knew the risk, but went anyway. I think he was 60 y.o.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so I won't take more time to chat now. Have a good day.

Good morning! Had lovely rain yesterday, and daffodils are now 4 in. out of the ground ... at long last! Might make it up to 50F today ...

Sending my daughter to garden center this morning with a bit of a list .... we'll see out that works out! I checked with them yesterday, and they'll give her a hand, as she's not that familiar with gardening stuff.

Stay safe everyone!

Comment

Good morning!

Yay for Friday and the coming weekend. Not sure of any plans but will make a few more masks. Finally settled on a pattern that works and was able to place an order last night at midnight for some elastic. I have one small pack which will be enough for right now.

I hope to get to the garden center soon for some planting supplies. I'll do something small in containers on our patio away from all the critters and plant some flowers with DGSon. Still waiting on the thrift stores to open for donations that have been collected. One more linen closet to clean and organize. The house is shiny clean.

Happy day to all!

Comment

Good Morning,

Got to laugh, Gabby's at Mike's door snuffling. He's off today, I guess she's worried that he's late for work. His schedule is so strange these days. Maybe in the next few weeks as things open back up, it will get more back to normal.

My LQS is opening up on Monday. I'll probably go and pick border and backing for the baby quilt I started yesterday. Blocks are done, just have to sew them together. The fabric I ordered from FQS came in, so I'll probably work on the May door hanging today. The AT AT needs to be up for May 4, it's paper pieced, and A-K sections. It's going to take a while. I'm so excited to have something not pandemic related to sew!

I haven't touched the knitting all week. Mercy, move it to do the rug, and didn't put it back close to my chair so I've basically forgotten to work on it altogether. I made a list of things to call and check on today. My rebate check for the Tesla batteries came in yesterday. I've been researching washer and dryer sets. My dryer is hit or miss on the drying these days. I've sent Jim and email with which ones I want to order. I'll see what he thinks, Mike thinks it's a good fit for what we need. Bonus, they're on sale and there is a rebate.

Jim's school has an offer in Michigan that they wanted him to apply for. He applied, dag gum, pray that they don't offer him that job! Holy Moses, I don't want to have to move again, and he's determined if they go anywhere, I'm going too. One things for sure, if I do have to move, I'm not moving 35 years worth of NAPA toy trucks!

A former colleague asked me for a professional reference letter. I'm going to have to research the proper form. It's been so long since I've done a professional business letter! I'll work on that this weekend.

Time to get started. Have a wonderful day!

Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, Katrina ~ You do not want to move to Mich.! I grew up there. They have hard winters. And lots of mosquitoes.

• farmgirlretired
          farmgirlretired commented
          Editing a comment
          If you don't count on your son for monetary support why in the devil would you let him dictate where you do or don't live. Sounds like he has control issues.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not dependent on either of my boys fiscally. They both have decided that they are going to 'look after me'. Neither want me in a different town or a long distance away since I already have a disability. Jim and Morgan have 'decided' that (just like I moved in with my mom when she needed help) they want to look out for me and they want Mike to be able to follow his dreams and not be stuck here with me forever. They're all over protective, but are learning that I'm going to do what I want to do.

Chances are, this is just another I'll apply but I don't think anything will come of it, like Morgan moving to Alaska for a nursing job.

Good morning. I had a much better night's sleep last night and I can feel that I have much more get up and go today. Didn't do too much yesterday. We got more masks into the mail to my sons as well as some stickers from my scrapbook stash off to Zeke, did a few things around the house and then we narrowed down what seeds we wanted and ordered them from Burpee. This weekend we are going to have some nice weather so we will get to work on our vegetable beds and get them ready.

Joy, I am so sorry to hear about the EMT from CO that passed away from COVID-19. Patricia, I hope your daughter has a good time at the garden center and all the things on your list are gotten. Rhonda, I am with you on having bags of things waiting for donating. We've been making progress little by little through this stay at home time and going through closets. Oh boy, Katrina. I hope things work out for the best with Jim's job offer.

Have a good Friday everyone. Happy May.
        Last edited by Ginny B; May 1, 2020, 07:23 AM.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning to All. Yardwork at dad's house went well yesterday and pretty quick, but this morning it is slow moving for sure. Jury is still out on whether I mow my own lawn today. Sent my son my weekly grocery list yesterday and so today I will be getting that delivery. He shops with 3 lists every week, mine, his and his in-laws. I try to make it as easy as possible for him. Very seldom brand specific and if something is not available, the just skip it for this week trip. Don't go to multiple stores trying to fill the entire order. I am so thankful to have a personal shopper. Like most here I am searching for some sewing inspiration.

Hugs to all!

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            You are blessed to have a personal shopper. One of my quilting friends who lives alone has family who shop for her. She's hardly been out for >a month, except to take short walks or go to the PO.

Good morning! I have the late shift today so I'm up drinking coffee and relaxing before I shower and get ready for the day. We're still battling gnats but we're winning, almost all gone.

I admire all you gardeners, I've never had a green thumb. We do want to start a vegetable garden this year. Waiting on the man to get a gardener here to clean up the yard first.

yay me! While I'm writing my man brought in my daily deal package Amour jelly roll and I got a couple mini charm packs of Moda marbles. I want to make a color way scrap quilt and needed some solid fabrics. I have tons of scraps. Now to pick a pattern. I know they're tons but I'm a controlled type of scrappy quilter.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!!

Comment

In the city I live in a man that was a referee at games here in the county has died. He was 62 yrs old. He and another man who refereed at the same game both contracted COVID-19, but the other man lived. He was hospitalized for 2.5 wks here in town and is now home with his family.
            There's been a lot of people here in Michigan that are really upset with the Governor due to all the closings, etc. I realize that this is a BIG change for people, but I think staying home and practicing Social Distancing is best, but I do understand people who have not been able to work and have children, etc.

I've been calling everyone at church asking them to donate non-perishable items to the food pantry collection(s) we do each month. We have been making boxes of food for those who are members of our church with the donations along with donations that are picked up from two of the larger Food Pantries in our county.

One of the gals that is a member called me yesterday and told me that she had no food in the house...WOW....that really shook me up. A friend of mine & I had some food delivered to this gal (she has 2 children under 10 yrs old) and 6 other families that the pastor got calls from that are running out of food or had run out on Wednesday.

This is so serious. I don't think people realize that this is going to go on (the COVID-19) for months....I don't think this is going to end in May/June like people keep thinking it will.

STAY HOME and STAY WELL everyone!
            (((((HUGS)))))

prayer 2.jpg
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Beautiful day here and it should reach 70. It will be wonderful for planting the things I bought yesterday, a hydrangea, three pentas and a heucara [sp?], I hope my back loosens up so I can git her done.
              I got the backing/batting for a quilt for the neighbors dgs for graduation and pin basted it. I am ready to quilt it, meandering like camouflage is my goal since that is the backing design. I will be using olive green in the bobbin and cream/tan as the top thread, hope I can balance the tension really well.😯
              I have put aside masks for the moment, someone in the neighborhood has started taking orders to sell them, don't want to rain on her parade.🤨
              I think it is going ok but it is just really meandering. IMG_1262.JPG
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Claire Hallman; May 1, 2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                201 Treadler commented
                Editing a comment
                beautiful work, cant wait till your finished so can see more👍😁

Good morning! Today is cool, highs in the 50's, and wet. I am looking forward to temps near 70 tomorrow.

I almost forgot a work meeting this morning, good thing I checked my calendar! My computer crashed in the middle of the meeting. This is getting to be a problem. I should back up my computer and upgrade to the new version of the operating system. Maybe that will help? I don't know. I found out yesterday that I will be teleworking through the end of July. Our buildings will re-open May 19, two days a week, for four hours each day. We will be back on rotation, which means I will be on site one day every 2.5 weeks. It's going to be a long summer!

Ohio's governor extended the safe at home order through May 29. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work when offices can open on Monday and retail can open May 11. Once the stores open, people will be eager to leave the house. Restaurants and bars are still closed with the exception of take-out. I went up to Fresh Thyme yesterday and there was a lot more traffic on the road than I have seen in a while.

I'm going to try logging back into the system and see if I can get some work done. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                201 Treadler commented
                Editing a comment
                does sound like your computer may be full,
                perhaps should copy personal data sooner than later,
                if a windows 10 user look in settings>system> storage> configure storage sense, > check settings > clean now
                have you deleted cookies on your browser?
                perhaps need to defragment and optimise too
                good luck

Good morning. We had a bad storm move through our area last night.and we lost power as we were cooking dinner. My DS finished cooking it on the grill. Thangoodness the power came back on in 2hrs. A tree near us fell and took the power lines down.
              I planned on making one of the cuffs for the helmets. It requires a bottom hole. I need to learn how to do one today. The hospital sent polyprene fabric for us to use.

Have a good day.
              Beth

Comment

Good afternoon all.
                Boy, what a wild party last night. My boys were chasing each other, fur flying. Finally got up at 12:30 to scold them and tried to get back to sleep. I tossed, turned and realized that my hip, shoulder back were in pain. My brain was in overdrive from all the conversations I had with staff at mom's place. Especially since at one point, negative-positive-negative, move her from Hot Zone asap. Still don't know when during this weekend she might be moved to safe area. I think it was close to 5 when I fell asleep, then the boys woke me up ay 8, with the song of their people. I spent a good part of morning on laptop, printing the cap pattern that I will make. Head nurse has requested caps for staff. They have the PPE version but are allowed their own caps if they want. I will start production, not sure how many are needed, just lots.

Today, I've accomplished my mission. Coffee ✔️ Pizza breakfast✔️ Print cap pattern x3 ✔️ Wait, DH made up bed, yeah. ✔️
                Next on agenda - shower, brush teeth, get dressed, go to sewing room.

Joy - sad to hear about EMT death. Jacqueline - sad for referees. I agree it is way too soon for people to resume life before Covid.
                Monique - I am especially concerned that your province that has experienced the greatest number of cases and deaths, is sending back children to daycares and school on May 11. As anyone who has children or grandchildren know, young kids do not know how to maintain distance or keep things out of mouths. They are germ, virus and bacterial transport vehicles - both to their parents and siblings and to their grandparents who may be babysitting them. I feel they are considered 'collateral damage' in this battle, and pray that parents will use their better judgement in their decision to go ahead or not.

Please ease enjoy your day. Stay safe.

SuzieQ

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                  201 Treadler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that is a lot to deal with, can understand the delayed sleep, the little rascals waking you up, sending you both hugs.

• Monique
                  Monique commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There won't be too many kids going back to school. I think the school boards are looking at just staying closed until the fall. I think that is a good thing.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Monique - I pray they don't go back too soon.

Well, it's official...we just cancelled out vacation for our May trip to the Smoky Mountains. I'm so depressed I could just sit down in a corner & cry! I don't have the inclination to sew, quilt & now this. I pray for those that are sick & those who are separated from them. I just wanted to go to the mountains & recharge. DH wanted to book our trip for the Fall but I'm afraid we won't be able to go then either. I have to go find my tissues now. Sniff, sniff.....Gina

Comment

• MSN
                  MSN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gina, sometimes you just need to have a good cry to get all that frustration out.

• 201 Treadler
                  201 Treadler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sending hugs
                  perhaps can visit via web cam or https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...national+park+ while not the same as being in person. you may find hidden treasures to visit when can go.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know it's heartbreaking. Just know that you are not alone. We are all going to miss our trips to our recharging stations.

Good morning all! This will be short and sweet but I wish all of you the best of weekends ahead. It seems that I have come down with a flu bug ..major one..and no not the Rona, (i've only been out 1x in 45 days and it was the bank drive through) but the nerve endings went ballistic, the muscle aches made running a marathon look tame and I was too weak to even pick up my blankets. This was in the last 24 hours, of which I spent in my room in the bed. Worst 24 hours of my life, hit me like a wrecking ball and my head feels like it's going to blow up! Temp spiked to a little over 102. This flu has been through the house once this year and now, I've gotten it for a second time..I actually felt half human this morning but I know it's not over. I still hurt. all over. everywhere. dag gumit. I'm heading back to my room..and probably back to bed..Stay safe all.

Sage mistress of the bed and her quilt
                😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                  CraftyJnet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Take care of yourself and feel better soon!

• 201 Treadler
                  201 Treadler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  gentle hugs, prayers for a speedy recovery.
                  T

• Monique
                  Monique commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh I hope it doesn't last too long for you. Speedy recovery.

my day was so disappointing. It started off with bright promise, I laid out my 9patch on point with filler squares, ready to set sew it up and then think about quilting. Well, the quilting gremlins attacked maybe overnight! after sewing the first two together the next and the next all don't fit. This time I measured twice, made even a paper template everything matched. I thought I was going to do a home run. Well, after remeasuring, ripping out, etc..cutting different strips, getting low on the fabric which I wanted to use, I figured take a tea break and maybe those gremlins will come out to play tonight and tomorrow everything will be matchy-matchy. (I can only hope). Or come up with something different. I had wanted this one Done! for a brighter note-we got our strawberry plants planted and looking for some garden dirt for our new veggie garden! And it was a sunny day 68 degrees sun shine day! Stay safe everyone. thanks for listening and have a good day everyone!
                Last edited by NoOn49; May 1, 2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                  201 Treadler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  been there and done that, it is so frustrating, now I
                  cut 3 rectangles of fabric the same size, sew 2 together sideways long side,
                  press iron directly down on seams,
                  sew 3rd rectangle on top of the two sewn together , if top rectangle too short adjust seam to be a scant 1/4",
                  if too long adjust seams to 1/4"
                  amazing how fabric folding over and thread thickness can alter the seam
                  good luck with your project.🤞☘
                  T
              Working...
              X