It's Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday

It's Wednesday with some really warm weather coming. Rain is also on the way tonight but that's okay. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. I raked alongside the road where all the road snow/salt/sand goes in the winter. My little friend Elaina across the street came and helped me. We pretty well got it all done. Without her I would have given up. I am not too stiff this morning. Hubby, Elaina, and myself went out for lunch (chipstand). Had to pay for child labour after all, hahaha.

The only thing I did in the sewing room was iron a cotton sheet I had so I can cut it up into usable pieces.

The morning Doug and I are headed to town for some groceries. I am sure he doesn't want to go this early BUT unless he wants to stand in line for an hour, he will appreciate going early. Early as in first ones there.

So that is what my morning is looking like. Not much else is new. My oldest son and his wife are getting another dog, a pal for Ryder. It is another Blue Healer. His trip to Paris isn't off the table for now, we shall see what happens with that. Everything is so up in the air with him.

Phil is doing well. He has done quite a bit of cleaning at this house. He is doing some painting as well. His girlfriend has sold her house and she and her son will be moving in for a while. They will take it day by day. She is a lovely woman and my Maizyn just loves her very much.

And so my friends, there is talk of things reopening in the very near future. Elementary schools and day cares will be the first. Thankfully I don't have children at home to have to make this decision to send them or not. I think most will be going back until the fall. High school will not resume until September. We still have 0 cases of the virus here. While it is inconvenient for shopping (going where the prices are better) we are only getting what we really need and 'no frills'.

Have a great day my friends. Stay safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Monique, what a newsy post. Sounds like hope is in the air for you there. It has been perfect weather here and today promises to be around 80 with a storm moving in tonight. We really need to go home to the mountains and mow the grass and fields. Its been a month and we really don't want it to get out of hand. But alas, May 8 is the new target date from our Gov. I think.
    Went back out to the potential house yesterday with the inspector. A few nit picks and a couple of biggies. Waiting for the written report so we can begin new negotiations. I really want this to go well. I do feel pretty comfortable there.
    I'm overwhelmed with the prospects of what need to be done. New flooring, remodeled kitchen with countertops and appliances but it will be just another adventure.
    Tried to sew a little the last couple of days but just can't seem to focus . The table puts the machine too high and its hard on my back but a little each day and it will get done.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Rhonda, I have put two pillows on the chair and one under my foot pedal but alas, I'm still too short

• toggpine
      toggpine commented
      Editing a comment
      Terry, do you have a TV tray? I have taken one with me when we go on girls weekends. It's not perfect, but it can work.
      Costco had the small, adjustable tables. They are smaller versions of the big banquet tables, but have an adjustable set of legs. Walmart may also have some.
      In a pinch you could even use an ironing board with the scissor legs.

• grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are really good ideas. Ironing board I have with me is one of those that sits on a table just to iron blocks, no tv trays with me. I tried to get DH to let me get a table from walmart with legs but we got one at Habitat...a big oak thing. When I complained about the height, he said "cut the legs off". I will make do until we get to the new house and then....

Good morning!

Today is starting off cloudy. We will have highs near 70 today with strong winds and rain. I'm enjoying the warm weather while I can, looks like the it will turn cold again after this weekend.

My two regular afternoon meetings were canceled today. I have a couple of webinars, though, to make up for it. Saturday I'm going over to my sister's house to work on a video project. Every member of my work team was assigned a letter to write in chalk on a sidewalk and I need her to record me coloring the letter. I'm trying to figure out how to do this without kneeling on the concrete. I have arthritis in both my knees and kneeling is extremely painful. I did a test kneel on the carpet yesterday and OUCH, that hurt! The instructions included a recipe to make sidewalk chalk paint if we don't have chalk (equal parts cornstarch and water with a small drop of food coloring). I will check the basement to see what painting supplies I have. I may try that instead. Our videos will be compiled into one video to be shared with the rest of the employees.

Time for a second cup of tea and to log in to my morning work chat. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy Howdy do I understand the arthritis in the knees bit. Don't over do!

• toggpine
      toggpine commented
      Editing a comment
      We don't have sidewalks. I used a concrete bulkhead for a project.

We were asked to do something similar for a video for our school kiddos. Our bulkhead is now covered with firewood. I went to the $ store and picked up a black sheet of poster board on the way home from grocery run. It worked just fine. You may even find sidewalk chalk there.

Black fabric might also work, and the chalk might possibly wash out.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another beautiful day yest. & another predicted for today. We had 86 at our house, but it cooled off nicely in the evening. The house smelled good yest. a.m. with the baking of DH's spelt bread. I do 2 loaves each time. It lasts him 2-3 wks.

After DH went to bed (6 p.m.), I changed into my old clothes & went out to work in the yard. I needed to clear the grass from around all the sprinkler heads so they're visible to the new mowing crew. Wed. is our mow day this season. With my hip bothering me, I had to be really careful getting up & down. I have an eggcrate cushion I use to sit/kneel on. The ground was very dry & hard, so it was a bit of a chore digging out the grass. It took me 2 hrs. to make the rounds of all the heads. I finished in the dark, having to feel for the last 2 heads that were hidden in the grass. Glad that job is done. If I have time, I'll make a run over to Lowe's this a.m. & get some of those flag markers for all the heads. I've been debating having the sprinkler system turned on, but I think it's still too early. I looked at the extended forecast & saw a couple low temps. in the 20's-30's. I may have to drag out the hoses.
    ๐Ÿ˜’

No sewing got done yest. I watched that video on making the "ugly quilt" twice & printed off the PDF. I know just the fabrics in my stash to give that one a try.

This a.m. is our BSF discussion group on Zoom. It's the last lesson discussion. Next week is our final day, which will be a sharing day. I certainly hope by fall that things will be more normal. There is no plan in our state for reopening the schools. The rest of the year will be done virtually. Our county's stay-at-home restrictions go to May 8, even though some other counties are doing a gradual reopening of some businesses. Some are allowed curb-side sales, but people still can't go in the stores.

Time to get on with my day.

Last edited by JCY; April 29, 2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was pretty eventful. Jim called on the way home from dropping the kids at Nana and Nandy's. Tuesdays and Thursdays he has 4 straight hours of teaching, and he just can't do it with the kids there if Morgan's at work. They do stay home if she's home, but Nana and Nandy love those kids so very much and miss them when they don't get to see them. I honestly believe it's keeping them young.

Mike was called in yesterday. He was there until close. Today, he's off... hopefully, because he wants to change the oil in the car. He said his boss is making the schedule as corporate wants, but will change it as necessary. So he might have less hours on the schedule, but work more hours if he's flexible. I'm glad.

I worked on Morgan's cross body bag after Mike left for work. Finished it up before 4 and tried to catch Jim on the way back to the house with the kids. Missed it by just a few minutes. He'd just gotten home when I texted him. He'll probably stop by today to pick it up. I can always tell when Morgan is working... Jim calls and talks and talks! He just needs some adult interaction.

The daily deal was calling my name yesterday, but I waited too long. I didn't wait today. I needed an awl a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find Howard's. So I ordered the awl and a couple of jelly rolls. I think Cozy Quilt shops 9 Sisters quilt is calling my name. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone.
      Katrina
      โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning everyone. It's a cloudy one here today but not too cold. Yesterday was a beautiful day. We took a nice walk in the morning and around noon we got to see an awesome flyover by the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds. What a wonderful sight! Later in the afternoon we went over to Vicky's to bring Max his birthday present. We got to visit outside in their backyard for a while. Max was excited to show us all the things he is growing and Lily introduced us to her "pet snails". She told us about a race they had earlier and showed us which one won.

Today I will work on some masks, do a bit of housework and start going through things in the closet in the spare bedroom.

The Covid 19 #'s are going in the right direction here. We have had over 35,000 cases here in our county and over 33,000 in our neighboring county so it has been very scary here on Long Island. I am happy to see the numbers going down but I realize it will still be many weeks before those of us in the older population category will be out and about in any sort of semblance of "normal". I am grateful that is looking like nice weather is coming our way after this next few days of rainy periods. I am looking forward to working outside.

I hope today finds you all well. Everyone seems to be coping and adjusting to their new routines. I am happy to see so many states taking some first steps to opening things up. I hope and pray that all goes well.

Have a good day all. Be well. Stay safe. Smile.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Cathy F
          Cathy F commented
          Editing a comment
          Ginny, we heard them yesterday doing the fly over but they were just to the north of us so we couldn't see them.

We see the Thunderbirds when they fly in for the air show at Jones Beach. They hangar at McArthur airport which is right near us so they fly right over our house coming in and going out. A treat to see them.

Good morning. We will have another day of nice weather, and then the rain moves in . Hopefully it will clear up by the weekend. I have started to sew the main blocks of my quilt. It is slow going,but I donโ€™t have a deadline .

The Blue Angles flew over Philly. My DH was stuck in the OR so he did not get to see them. The hospital wants to start elective surgeries next week. They have so many backed up cases. I guess we wonโ€™t see much of him.

have a great day and stay well.
        Beth

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope they start the elective surgeries here, too. A gal from our church has been waiting for GB surgery. Now they're making her wait 2 wks. for an endoscopy. She has to take her temp. every day & get a COVID-19 test prior to the procedure. Who knows when she'll get her surgery?! One of my older friends from the Lady Bugs group has been having severe angina & has needed a cardiac procedure. Just when they were getting ready to do it, it was postponed due to C-19. Her episodes of angina increased in frequency with shortness of breath. She finally got her heart cath. & 3 stents placed last week. She's doing better.

Good morning,

We are are set for another beautiful day, with sprinkles of rain. I am grateful to have enjoyed a nice visit with DD and family. Weather was perfect for sitting on their patio in the sun, watching the GKs play. We talked about their plans to build a new home. It's exciting and gives them hope at this time. So many options, choices. The kids are excited as its on over an acre and lots of tree and a small creek at the rear of the lot. My son is planning a greenhouse and garden, as his sister will share land. This will be good for the kids, learning to become sustainable. My dad would be proud.

Monique - I guess it's good that things will reopen. My fear is that others from areas of more infection will travel to your area. I wish that in all of these re-openings, that they resricted travel somewhat until they have measures and means for doing contact tracing. My DD & DH have many friends who live in QC and they have chosen not to send their kids back to school and daycare until the fall. The parents are still working from home and don't want to risk their kids. I guess it's a crap shoot. How lucky do you feel? Real dilemma!

Ginny B - I will watch the video of the fly over. I saw there are YT videos. DH will enjoy that.
        Your numbers for 2 counties are scarry in my mind. For all of Canada, we just recorded over 50K. Some provinces with very low or no numbers are planning a slow reopening.
        JulieC - that's a fun project.

Today, we need to pick up Sox's meds at vet. DH will fertilize lawn and apply crabgrass control. Yesterday he removed 2 large shrubs and stumps from side yard. He always hated these and jumped on opportunity since I said I wanted more space for vegetable garden. Hoping that I can get to sewing room I we get rain later today.

Enjoy oy your day. Be safe.
        SuzieQ

50,026 / 2859

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning,

It's a catch-up day here. Yesterday was busy with order pick-up from local store. They accidentally gave me a box of baby diapers so I turned around and handed them back to the delivery person. I had our grandson for the afternoon and evening as DD had parent/teacher video conferences until 7:15 last night.

Today, I am so thankful for wonderful support from my LQS. My big machine needed a calibration and they delivered it back to me at home last night. Plus the owner cut some elastic from the trunk of her car! Great service.

I will make a mask for Dgrandson this week. He's a little guy but wants one too. I like the design of the one with the curved front pieces instead of the one with pleats. I've made both types.

Hope your day is filled with sunshine!

Comment

• SagedCrone
            SagedCrone commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow..you must live pretty close to your LQS..SO NICE!! mine is over an hour away. (New to me LQS too, so we don't have that personal connection yet)

Good morning everyone,

I haven't checked in for a couple of days...nothing much new to report. Yesterday was my birthday...I turned 68. Doesn't feel any different than 67๐Ÿ˜‰ Hubby gave me some $$ to spend on fabric (Yes!!). I had a nice facetime with DS and family in NC. Their 4 yr. old boy thinks I'm 27 now...and I'm sticking to that story!! DS #1 and family came over and sang to me from the front lawn. We did an "air hug" with the grandkids.
          So, all in all, a nice day.

I called my SIL yesterday and we chatted for over an hour! She's a widow and her kids don't live close by, so she's pretty lonely. She asked if I would make her and a friend of hers some masks, so I'll work on that today. I'm almost done with the ones I'll be sending to DD and her roommate.

I think we will be finishing the installation of the kitchen backsplash tiles today.

Joy, I envy you your warm temps!
          Katrina, I know the frustration from missing the Daily Deal. I did order several of the bibs featured in the weekly deals. I thought they would make nice baby gifts.
          Terry, I hope the inspector's report isn't too bad, but it helps in negotiations.

Time to get busy in the sewing room. Enjoy your days, everyone!

Comment

• Ginny B
            Ginny B commented
            Editing a comment
            Belated Happy Birthday wishes. Glad you had virtual visits with your sons and their families. And fabric $$$!

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Many happy returns to you!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy belated birthday. I'm happy that you got to spend it with family, even from a distance.

GOOD MORNING!! I know I haven't been on for a few days, I guess I've been busier than I thought!
          Tuesday or possibly Monday..you know what, I don't know what day it was..lol but I worked on the camper a bit, the goal was to remove the black tank since I will not be using it. It didn't happen. I needed a tool that neither the boychild or I had. So, I puttered about accomplising little things here and there ..in the garage. The following day, the boychild brought home the tool we needed and down to the camper we trotted and cut the piping that was causing all the chaos.

Yesterday that old 'Mr. lazy bone' was up in my face and tried to convince me to stay in and laze about, but after breakfast, and the morning chores, I opened the door to let out the dogs. The warmth and sunshine hit me and in rushed a bit of a breeze and blew that old Mr. lazy bone away. So down to the camper I went.

I got the tools I needed and crawled under the camper (OHMYGAWD I thought for SURE I would be stuck under there and no one would find me till the spring thaw! ...oh wait..we already had that didn't we?? LOL) Anyway..I did crawl under as best I could to remove everything I possibly could so as to remove the tank. Took me hours! ..Ok, it felt like hours! I was unscrewing bolts over my heard, dirt falling in my face..it was not a pleasant job. I still did not get the tank removed, but it is at least ready to come down. After all that 'unscrewing' my arms and hands just could not swing the hammer hard enough to dislodge the I beam try as I might!

So, the conversation I've had with myself this morning is.. "Self..do you go down and hammer away at that supporting I beam and get that tank off..again UNDER the camper, KNOWING it's going to possibly rain over the next 4 days or do you let Mr. lazy bone convince you to stay in..."
          I still have plenty of time to decide. "Mr. lazy Bone' will win and I will go stitch my day away, or I will get a wild hair and go commence the beating of an I beam into submission..lol.

Either way, I will accomplish something. Currently I've got two hand stitch projects going (needlepoint and quilting) ..and actually I'm looking to add a few more to the list. ( a cross stitch and a needle book). I try to work on each for at least one hour each day. It's time to look for another quilt pattern to start cutting out too. Life is busy, but it's a busy I can handle because I'm setting the pace. That's a good thought.

Hope everyone has a productive day according to your personal ideal of productivity (today, my productivity may be nothing more than a nap! LOL)

The crone of I Beams and belly crawls
          Sage
          Last edited by SagedCrone; April 29, 2020, 12:02 PM.
          ๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            It's great that you're getting things done. I actually like a lot of physical activity, even though this body screams at times.

• SagedCrone
            SagedCrone commented
            Editing a comment
            There is no man in this family doing that difficult job because I don't want one...I've been through several already and I just prefer to clean the toilet after only me. ..There are no other men..it''s only me and the boychild. His job takes him away from home 14 hrs a day, so I try to go easy on what I ask of him.
            I have never truly relied on men too much in my life, might as well keep at it. ..and the boy child helps when he can, but I do what I can in between. I only really ask his help when it's something I can't do.

And yes..trust me, physical exertion or at least taking yourself to your physical limits helps the mental attitude, at least mine. Makes me mad sometimes too..I hate my aching body anymore..

And DEstruction, ie: taking a hammer and knocking out a wall (Or in todays example an I beam) is great therapy..lol Talk about stress reliever!

...I have severe osteoarthritis everywhere and nothing left in my knees but at 58 I simply cannot roll up and die. Does it hurt? hell yeah, every day all day, head to toe, but complaining only makes those around me miserable and me even more so. I've done what I thought might be best at this point and that is sell my home/small hobby farm on east coast (which I could no longer handle alone) and move west in with my boychild and his small family. It is difficult to face giving up a job I loved, medical insurance, my retirement..all of it due to physical in-capabilities..I am in hopes the climate here will help the pain and physical issues I face, but I absolutely refuse to give up.
            I have no timetable for the trailer..if it takes me 5 years, it takes me 5 years. I have no clock I have to clock in or out on, so if today I am able to work 4 hours but tomorrow only 10 minutes, then that's what I accept. It's 10 minutes more than the day before..Some days..I can't work at all, and that's what I accept too.

Ohh..and by the by..I did get that I beam out today..and the exhaust pipe cut so on boychilds next day off ..he and I will lower the tank because I cannot cut the metal straps that hold it up, ..

Sage..ruler of the submissive I beam

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Sage ~ More power to you! Sorry about the arthritis. I have some of that, too, in my hands. Growing old isn't for sissies! Keep on keeping on!

๐Ÿ‘ bet there is a bolt holding it somewhere, can you take a phone with you under camper, just in case, to ring for assistance should gravity happen suddenly un-expectantly. Grand efforts๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
          ๐Ÿคž tank comes off and all contents stay in tank.

Comment

• SagedCrone
            SagedCrone commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha..there are no contents in the tank..I made sure of that..lol. All the bolts were off..I did a check and a double check on that ..don't want to break any laws on my head..law being the law of gravity!
        Working...
        X