It's Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tuesday

Good morning friends. It looks like it will be another beautiful sunny day today. Yesterday hubby cut trees outside and I stayed inside. I was in the sewing room looking for something that was in the corner of the room. Of course, I had to move things to get at the corner. Well that turned out badly. Everything around me fell. Sooooo, it was time to reorganize the sewing room. Oh Lord, I need not buy any fabric for a very long time. At least I can move around a little more but there is still work to be done. There are many projects to make.

My Walmart order finally arrived yesterday. Now to wait for my order from Hancocks. It hasn't even shipped yet.

My neck is sore this morning and that is why I am late getting up. I had a hard time getting comfortable when I turned over in bed. Most afternoons, my naps last 2 1/2 hours. And I still go to bed around 9.

Well that's it for today. Wishing you all a wonderful day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique, if I took an afternoon nap, I'd have problems sleeping at night. We're having beautiful weather, too. If fact, yest. at 88 deg. it was downright hot. The house got very warm by evening. I had the windows open. It still was 74 deg. outside at bedtime. I slept with my window wide open all night. It's a mild 56 deg. this a.m. Due to the higher temps. & low humidity, we're under a red flag warning today for high fire danger.

My friend Marilyn who recently fell, broke her hip, & had surgery, was moved to a rehab facility. So now comes the hard work of therapy.

I had a busy morning yest. Got DH's bed sheets changed, aired the pillows outside, vac'd most of the bsmt., & did 3 loads of laundry. I was pooped by the time I went for PT at 1 p.m. I did 7 min. on the exercise bike. The therapist did some massage on my lower back & hip which really helped. I chilled out the rest of the afternoon. In the eve. I did more FMQ on the baby quilt. I can see the end in sight.
    πŸ˜‰

Today I'll be baking DH's spelt bread.

Comment

• TMP
      TMP commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I had half of your energy!

Good morning!

Today will be a balmy 65 degrees! I have confirmation warmer days are on the way -- my rabbit has started her spring shed. It always amazes me how much fuzz a small bunny can produce!

I emailed the director of Mom's facility and asked for a virtual care team meeting. I talked to her doctor's office yesterday, if the nurses at Mom's facility can't perform the procedure, she will need to go in. On the plus side, the facility will give her a happy pill to make her easier to handle. The trick will be getting her to wear a mask. One step at time.

Speaking of Mom, I am practically finished with the daisy wallhanging I made for her door. All I need to do is stitch down the hanging sleeve in the back. I had it pinned when I took the picture. It feels good to be able to cross this off the list!

Have a wonderful day!

DSCN0572.jpg

Comment

• NoOn49
      NoOn49 commented
      Editing a comment
      love it, thanks for sharing

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Your wall door hanging for your mom is beautiful.

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the door hanging! It's nice and springy!

We have 80 predicted and there is some work we need to do outside so today will be perfect for it. Our back porch needs to have the pollen washed away before we can really enjoy it this year. I am so looking forward to spending lots of time there.
    I have a few caladium bulbs to plant into a pot but need some more soil, I may need to brave a trip to the home improvement store.πŸ™„ I really don't want to go but we need several things from there so I will.
    I made 10 masks for a neighbor's doctor office and have a request for 10 for a daycare that plans to open on Monday. I didn't realize that our state was re-opening, I think I will still stay home as much as possible. I did carry the dog to the vet yesterday and we did the hand offs in the parking lot. She is now up to date on her shots and smells nicer. Best of all is her short toenails, wish I could get mine done.😁

Comment

Good Morning All,

Yesterday wasn't a sewing day at all, but things are changing! The hardware for the bags came this morning! Yippee. The Sunday in the Park layer cake came yesterday for baby quilts! Yippee! There's another package due, I'm just not sure what it is.

Yesterday was clean the rug and hardwoods. It took most of the morning, it's a big rug 10'x12'. Then yesterday afternoon, we worked on the garage. I put my tricycle out and the grands little car, Mike put the old electrical box out as well. Tomorrow is garbage and bulk day, so if anyone in the neighborhood wants it they better hurry. Our last job was to pick up the oil and oil filter so he can change the oil in the car today. We found a mom and pop restaurant that serves hot dogs and burgers. They're trying to stay open and keep their workers busy. We went through the drive thru. Delicious! We'll be going back! It was nice to be OUT, even if we did have to wear our masks.

It's great seeing all of the areas around here not reporting new cases and maybe we'll be free to go and do as we please soon. Even the eye doctor is opening back up. Hopefully, I'll get an email from the dentist before too long. I'm tardy on getting my teeth cleaned and have chipped a tooth during this mess.

Mike's up, so I guess it's time for me to get started doing something productive. Have a great day!
      Katrina
      β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning to All. Been a few days since posting. BIL and SIL helped over weekend to clear up my backyard, what a giant relief that was. I did manage to sew a new blankie/quilt for my grand daughters rabbit. I made Milo one for Christmas and he loves it, gets upset when they take it away to launder it, so figured it was time to do another from my flannel scraps. Now they can trade out not have to deal with a bunny attitude. He is a character for sure. He loves the new one too. My son recently built him a new (double decker) house, hard to explain but when you open the cage door it swings around and doubles as a pet gate to keep him out of the portion of the living room that has all the wires he loves to chew. And also he can't hide under the sofa anymore, and he is liter box trained. I did manage to go through some more of my dad's boxes of collectibles that I moved to my house. I learned that Norman Rockwell plates do come in sterling silver too.

Well onto another cup of coffee and another day. Be safe everyone! Hugs to all!

Comment

Good morning friends have a happy Tuesday,
          Sorry to hear of the bad night, hope get some rest later Monique,
          Wow Jcy that is certainly making the day count. well done.
          Beautiful door hanging Julie.
          Thank you for making all these masks.
          It is cloudy here, we had some misting of rain last night, it be the first for quite some time. The wind is coming from the east today.
          last night as the sun was descending the clouds looked like,the effect of adding oil paint to water stirring and laying paper on top to take a print, was quite beautiful.
          last night when all snores happened, tip toed into sewing area, chain sewn 208 units from the cut fabric and chain sewed together to make before sliver trimming, it seems have a number still to make, whoops what a shame 😁lol, that is why late up this morning now afternoon here, (can mention numbers as have made a little detour for week 4,)πŸ˜‰.
          last night was thankful for the rotary cutter blade sharpener, today am thankful for pain killers, happy purrs, and the amount of cuppas that keep appearing, perhaps himself wants me to do something.
          I can see the Yellow iris has flowered and has another flower bud lower down. The trees that look like weeping willows but are not, are flowering yellow bunches of flowers they are the shape of lilac bunches but spread out more and droop with the branches its very colourful at moment. Am hoping the strong winds stay away so they last longer.
          Have a wonderful day,
          hugs,
          T

Comment

Good morning all,
          Just popping in to say hi. Gotta run. Will post later. it feels good to have a sunny day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Back again and I'm sitting enjoying a rhubarb cider. It's been a busy day with a quick start. Our cat Sox has had these strange large bumps for years and usually they don't cause much issue. In the past weeks, he has been scratching them until they bleed. So last night I decided to tape up his neck and wrap around one leg so he couldn't pull it off. It worked. This morning I sent the vet pictures and tried calling. This aft, they called back and I will pick up Rx tomorrow morning. His brother is on similar meds all the time.

I wanted to switch out our quilt. I stripped the bed and washed quilt to store. Rather than a quilt, I decided to pull our a bed coverlet that I made years ago from a light upholstery fabric. It matches the curtains. I like to change up bedroom every few months. I also have not heard from staff regarding issues that I raised about mom's care. I did get a call from her doctor as they have to review her/our wishes regarding care. We agreed that she would remain there for treatment if needed, unless a break of bones. This is critical as 12 residents and 2 staff have tested positive, and one death recorded.

I have to say the best part of my day was spent with my daughter and grandkids in their backyard. She did take a conference call, so the kids were just playing. Social distancing except the youngest hugged my legs. They are so cute. I missed them. Being home is good for them and their parents. It's beautiful to see. They have decided to make an offer on a piece of land to build their dream home. Although nothing will happen soon, at least the planning begins.

I hope everyone had a good day. I am grateful for this beautiful weather.

SuzieQ
            48,520 / 2707

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
            X