Sunday Greetings! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It looks to be another nice spring day. We had 73 yest. The extended forecast is for 70's & 80's. I just wish I had the energy to get some yard work done. I don't think my hip will tolerate that work just yet, especially getting down on the ground & weeding. My son is willing to help, but we are keeping socially distant. He's been exposed to C-19 at work. Several employees have tested (+). So far, he's fine. They check all the employees' temps. before they start their shift. They also do that every time I enter the orthopedic building for PT. I guess it's part of our "new normal".

Today will be church on YouTube. I miss being together to worship at church. I hope "normal" activities can resume soon, but I suspect it will be a few weeks yet.

I put in more FMQ time on the baby quilt yest. eve. I hope to get more done on that this afternoon.

Good Morning All,

Yesterday, my rotary blades arrived from Quilted Twins. I should be set for a while.

I worked on the bag for Morgan yesterday. Have mercy, I put the liner piece with the pocket on wrong two times, finally the third time was the charm. I know what I did wrong, so hopefully the second bag won't be such a trial and error kind of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUik...DXUjaTXh1x%3A6 came up on my YouTube from Riley Blake. Marinating your background fabric, and Gerri Robinson's Unique Tips. It was interesting.

Mike lost a day from this week. He'll go in today and be off until Thursday. The plan is to clean the rug in the living room area, then roll it up and clean the hard woods underneath.

I watched our church message last night when it was posted. It is weird to me that if I watch from the church link, I have the spinning circle of doom. But, if I watch it through Facebook, there are no issues at all. Either way, I find my mind wanders.

Time to get busy. Have a great day.
    Katrina
    โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning everyone,

It's going to be a windy one today, but sunny, and temps are supposed to reach 65. Everyone around us has been busy doing yardwork the last several days. DH made another round of the yard on the rider yesterday and picked up what was still there after raking. All the yards around us look so nice. We had a light shower last night, so hopefully, the grass will start to turn green now. I'm anxious to have the garden plowed and get some seeds in the ground.

My next door neighbor asked if I'd make her and her hubby some masks, so I worked on them yesterday. I had put in a new needle, and I had nothing but trouble on the mask I worked on right after.....lots of skipped stitches. It was an off brand, so I switched again, this time to an Organ needle, and that did the trick. I usually use Janome needles, but I'm out, so I'll check online for some more.

We worked on kitchen backsplash yesterday morning. DH was able to get the area around the kitchen window done. Very small pieces had to be cut. He's happy to have that part done, and the rest will be pretty straight forward.

I hope everyone has a restful Sunday.

Comment

Good morning everyone,
        I am grateful for yesterday's beautiful weather which gave us the opportunity to do some yardwork without freezing. The sun was warm and we enjoyed having a quick bite under the pergola.

I raked most of the front yard and filled 2 garden bags. The grass is like hay and it's looking better. There were many families bicycling and walking their dogs. One family was on as scavenger hunt. It was fun and I was able to help them. They took pictures with items. Our house number which contains 13, windchimes and garden statues. No problem, pictures taken from a distance and off they went. DH fixed a metal edging that had popped out along the walkway and pruned some shrubs. After 4-5 hours I decided to call it a day. Stiff and sore, we ordered pizza for supper.

Today is is overcast and it's supposed to rain this aft. I may do more yardwork if I manage to get out of my chair and my body loosens up. I'll have another coffee and if yardwork doesn't happen, I might get to the sewing room.

Make the most of your day. Take care. Be safe.

SuzieQ

45,354 / 2465

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning everyone. I see a nice breeze blowing outside. I may go out and do a bit of trimming that needs to be done. I was able to finish some pillow coverings for a client this morning, after finally finding my walking foot after cleaning up in the sewing room. I am thankful for all the resources I have available to continue on each day.
          Last edited by KarenC; April 26, 2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Hello friends Sunday greetings,
            It is cloudy today, with a threat of rain.
            The apples pink flowers, pears white flowers and lilacs mauve bunches of flowers are all in bloom, the honey suckle is budding, primulas are flowering bright red pink and yellow blooms and make a bold arrival, the cowslips have seeded in lawn, little lamp posts of yellow flowers are above the blades of grass there are around 20. the white daisys add sparkles to the lawn. The yellow iris is budding, we still have some daffodils, the bees, butterfly's, have disappeared we had 2 night frosts, which quickened the pink red current to leaf, although there is still some pink.
            Am trying to keep everyone happy, sewing has been when everyone else asleep.
            have a great day doing the things you love to do.
            Hugs
            T

Comment

• Claire Hallman
              Claire Hallman commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds really beautiful.

• 201 Treadler
              201 Treadler commented
              Editing a comment
              it is very colourful in parts,we tend to be wildlife friendly, added a number of yearly plants to the garden, used to grow lupins, but green fly used to swarm on them, one year thought would collect 2 ladybirds from other parts of garden to eat the greenfly put them both on the lupid, came back 10 minutes later, it seems they needed reinforcements, must of be love at first sight, not quite the activity was expecting ๐Ÿ˜ with spring being a little late in the world thought would share some joy.๐Ÿ˜

Good afternoon. We had a lazy morning today. In fact, it is going to be a relaxing, no work day today. It is our 17th Anniversary and normally we would be away celebrating somewhere or at the very least, going out to dinner. Instead we will just read, listen to music, watch a movie or watch some shows we have wanted to check out on our On Demand option. And we will order dinner from our favorite italian restaurant so no cooking for either of us. I did make us a pancake breakfast though.

Yesterday was a nice day and we got to take a nice, long walk, work in the garage for a couple hours, do a bit more purging and rearranging in the spare bedroom and we even had time to sit and enjoy the sunshine on our patio. We ordered dinner from Jersey Mike's so no cooking last night either. It was a busy and productive day and I was asleep on the couch before 10 last night.

I am looking forward to hopefully having some nicer weather after this on again/off again week of rain and showers. Working in the yard will be wonderful. All I have to decide on is how to get our plants. There is just so much I grow from seed. But first we will get the beds ready.

Have a good Sunday everyone. Be well.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• 201 Treadler
              201 Treadler commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy 17th 'Furniture' wedding Anniversary to both of you, hope the celebration meal is wonderful and you have a marvellous day.

• Cathy F
              Cathy F commented
              Editing a comment
              Ginny, wishing you a very Happy Anniversary and may you celebrate many more together!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy anniversary to both of you. This is great time to lean on each other and it sounds like you have figured out how to make the best of this.

Yesterday didn't work out quite as planned. All was going good until I decided to bake hashbrown casserole for lunch. I really need to run the ac while I'm baking. The generator wouldn't run the ac for some reason so off we went to get a companion one. Now I can run both ac's and the microwave at the same time. What's money????!!!!
            Got the material for the totes pulled together. I know we can't use the bags right now but hopefully we will be able to in the near future. The pattern I'm using suggests washing them often and has you put them together with flat seams so they can handle the wear and tear.
            sigpic

Comment

• 201 Treadler
              201 Treadler commented
              Editing a comment
              microwaves do take a lot of power, if remember rightly, turn knob ones use slightly less power than the press panel ones.
              Am curious to hash brown casserole, hash browns here are onion and potato, when baked they quite dry, whats in the casserole part if the same food?
              happy stitching
              T

Happy Sunday! It's been an interesting day. We went out to go grocery shopping. We felt the effects of the virus today. We went to Wal-Mart and you have to wait in line. Although I'm getting better my back can't do it for that long. ...we left. My confusion on this is they only let a certain amount of people in for social distancing but you're creating the situation with a line ...people were 12inches apart. End rant. We went to the dollar store and picked up a few things...then on to the neighborhood grocery store. We were refused without masks. Now don't crucify me for not wearing a mask. I understand people with compromised immune systems need to be protected. I haven't gone to the store in over a week. I rarely leave the house so I was surprised. So a little mom and pop grocery store got our money today as we needed food.

Now home and I fed the man, I'm relaxing outside. I'm finding I need to come outside more. I'm going to start after work sitting outside...we have lots of land. Fresh air is good and I think it'll keep the crazy away lol

I'm gearing up to do Jenny's sho fly tutorial, I have the fabric picked out ..now to start cutting. We're moving my work station out of the kitchen (table) then Ill have the room for my cutting Mat. Not sure how the small house people do it but I feel it here, not in a bad way at all.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy! Enjoy your Sunday!!

Comment

• 201 Treadler
              201 Treadler commented
              Editing a comment
              Its very hard to keep up with the changes, the normal news is just depressive, so for me its best to be positive about not watching the many hours of negatives, creating many stitches is more fun, singing along with wireless.
              Sho fly did look interesting, keep us informed how you get on.
              Hugs
              T
          Working...
          X