Good Morning Saturday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Happy Saturday, & week end. DS#1 said they received the pkg. of masks yest.; they were glad to get them. DS#1 wore one of his new masks yest. at work. He was relieved to not have the elastic from the work provided cheap masks hurting his ears any longer.

PT went well yest. My lower back & hip are a bit sore from where the therapist did some deep massage, but I know it will be better in a day or so. I'm making slow progress.

I finally got back to FMQ yest. eve. for ~40 min. In looking over the quilt, I realize I don't have all that much left to do, so I plan to keep at it till it's done. The new baby was born >a mo. ago.

Even though state-wide there is to be a gradual relaxing of the stay-at-home orders, our county is not lifting any restrictions until May 8.

My friend Marilyn came through her hip surgery okay yest. Thanks for your prayers. She has a long road of rehab ahead of her. She probably will not be able to live alone any more, so there will be big changes coming for her.

Today I'll be mixing up my turkey patties, so that will take up most of the morning.

Good morning!

Today I can hear the birds chirping outside. I hope that means it will be a beautiful day. Making masks is on my horizon. I haven't done much else for the past few weeks. I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday, May is just around the corner!

Jeannette

Comment

Joy, our state too has decided May 8 would be a good day. Seem like all the surrounding states here are already getting back to normal.
      My daughter and I shopped on a website she had used at Christmas for sale wool sweaters. We spent a lot of time picking out the right one for each of us. These were expensive even though they were on sale. Sale said spring/easter and they were being shipped from Ireland. Our order came to over $200 and shipping was $35. 4 hours after we placed the order, they posted an additional 20% off of sale items as a Mothers day promotion. She emailed them and called them and asked to be included in the sale since they had not shipped yet. Nooooooo, couldn't do it. It really set us both off and so we canceled the order. They wont refund for 3 weeks. Wanted to issue store credit. No way will we ever buy from them again. Too many other choices. I guess it was the principle of the thing or maybe we are just house wearry and really didn't need a sweater this time of year.
      Sewed a little yesterday. DH and I drove out to the proposed house and tried to find the property stakes. Not sure if we want a survey. Sort of made a mental list of all the work that will be done for clean up. Can't wait for Tuesday to see what the inspection holds in store.
      Then, I went to the little local grocery store and bought a few things. They are well stocked for a little bitty town. This town has 900 residents and 2700 registered boats. Is that funny.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

• 201 Treadler
        201 Treadler commented
        Editing a comment
        If paid by credit card, ring the bank asap to cancel the payment. explain that have changed mind , have requested a refund but company will not for 3 weeks!!

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Terry, I've not lived in NC for almost three years now, and yesterday on my cell phone, I got the 'this is what I've decided call from the Governor of NC.

Good morning Joy and others who follow,
      The sun is shining again and it will be warm enough to work outside. I am grateful that Mother Nature has not been whooping us. Oh sure it's been colder than usual, but since our plans are to stay home, there isn't the great rush to get yard done anytime soon.

My plans to work outside didn't materialize yesterday. It was just too crisp. My son picked up a 5 meal free coupon that delivers. I got 2 from recent purchases, but limited to one per household. I finished some masks and delivered to friends. I've also been talking to my DD several times a day. I spoke to mom and told her I dropped off a package of fresh grapes & fruits sucre ร  crรจme and toileteries. I also sent a card with her favorite flowers from all of us. Thanks you for your prayers that mom will continue to be healthy. My GF's neighbour lost his mom to C-19, she was in a local facility that has been hit hard. I think about this, if mom should become infected. Would I stay with her, putting my family at risk and in a similar situation. My heart says yes, but my head says - be smart.

Last night, an online vigil was held for the 22 victims of NS tragedy, with music focussed as a symbol of strength, unity and love for families.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay safe and share your thoughts with all of us, your friends from a distance. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š

SuzieQ

43,888 / 2302

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Suzanne ~ Not sure if you read the recent internet post about a family whose dad was in a facility & dying from C-19. They could not be with him in person, but they spent 30 continuous hours talking with him on the phone & being present with him in the only way they could before he died. We have a couple from our church, the wife's father just passed from C-19. They moved him out here several mos. ago from CA. At least they got to spend most of the last months with him. The also did some face time with him on the phone prior to his death. Many CO nursing homes & assisted living facilities have been hit hard with this virus.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy - if mom was dying from another cause, a family member can be present. Unfortunately, you would have to get tested prior and there would be a risk that I could pick up something. We haven't been able to do Facetime, as mom can't see well enough, but this would be an option. So far, she is still spunky, even escaping to the dining room, where she's been reminded she has to stay in her room.

Good morning from Prescott, Arizona. We moved here from Las Vegas area last week due to temps of 100 f there. Here we are at 5000 ft so we have had highs in the 70's. We will be getting full solar installed in the RV next week. Expensive but it will be so nice to have full house electrical outlets without having to start the generator.
      Yesterday was laundromat and groceries so today i am going to stay in and sew some grocery totes. I will embroider them and they will be ready to give away when we get to see family again.
      Have a good day all.
      sigpic

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Grocery totes ~ We have several "green" stores here that require one to bring their own bag. There is a big push in this state to eliminate as much plastic as possible. IMO, the C-19 pandemic is a good reason NOT to bring your bags from home to the stores. A higher risk of spreading the virus. One of the groc. clerks where I regularly shop, mentioned you would not believe the filthy bags that come across the check-out. She's allergic to pet dander. She's also saw a dirty diaper in one bag. I think this is totally disgusting.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Currently, most stores will not allow you to bring your own bags. If you do, you can only put them on a shelf at end of grocery runner. Others are providing us with paper bags which I love, as I use these for food scraps.

Good morning!

We are enjoying a sunny day today, with a seasonal high near 60. Today will be a good day to talk a walk; the forecaster said tomorrow will be cooler (mid-40's) and rain. It is hard to believe it is almost May.

Mom's facility called yesterday. Not an emergency, but...she has infection and has been prescribed antibiotics. They told me she had one in March, too, but no one told me about that one. I need to contact the director of the facility and see if we can arrange virtual care team meetings. They want me to make an appointment with one of her doctors. Now I am playing phone tag with the doctor's office. Due to Mom's age (90), she is considered high risk and I think the doctor wants to try something else before having her come in.

I have plans to work on one of my UFO's this weekend. I will be happy if I can get the quilt sandwiched today and start quilting on my embroidery machine tomorrow. First I will need to clear off my cutting table, which has become a bit cluttered.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• 201 Treadler
        201 Treadler commented
        Editing a comment
        sending get well wishes, fingers crossed manage to catch the doctor.

Good Morning All,

Gabby is making up for lost sleep. She slept well last night... I guess. Once she went to sleep, I slept like a log! I didn't hear anything until 7:30 this morning. The vet gave her a shot to keep her from throwing up, and pills for vomiting and runs. So far today, she doesn't seem to need either of her pills. Of course, she hasn't eaten anything, but I make her get up and drink water every so often.

I worked yesterday on the messenger bag. The outer bag is done. I didn't finish the lining, the slip pocket and zipper is ready to go in, it shouldn't take long to finish up the inside of the bag. Plan to fix the strap and tabs, but that's as far as I can get until the hardware arrives.

Office Max cut Mike's hours. He'll only work 2 days next week. Hopefully, there will be another store that needs help and he can go work some extra hours. Other wise, we might take a trip to the beach. Can't sit but we can walk and he can swim. We'll see what the weather brings.

Thankfully, the sun is shining this morning. The grass will be cut today or tomorrow. Have a wonderful day.
      Katrina
      โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

• 201 Treadler
        201 Treadler commented
        Editing a comment
        hope gabby keeps improving, and gets better soon, pleased all slept well.

Good morning everyone. Today should be a sunny day. There was marble sized hail last night for a few minutes. Took me a bit to realize what all the noise was, but once I checked, yep, it was hail. Started off today with a 3 mile walk, just not enough energy to go 4. Got the back yard edged and will do the mowing later today when it's cooler. Front yard done yesterday. I did try to purchase the DD this morning, but unfortunately it sold out before I could get to it. It wasn't meant to be, but those colors are so pretty. Now it's time to get back to the sewing room. I think I only have less than 10 masks to make. May do a few extra so I have them available when someone asks. These are for friends, coworkers, and neighbors.

Stay safe everyone, Stay home as much as possible, and have a great day.

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        I considered the DD today as well. But, I decided I have enough fabric, so I opted out. I'm on at 6 a.m. most mornings. If it's something I really want, I know to grab it then or it will be gone.

GOOD MORNING!!
      Yesterday for me was a non net day so I didn't visit to see what everyone was up to..so HELLO for today.
      It's a beautiful sunny day here so it's to the garage to finish up some wood working we started yesterday. I also have to move all the gutted camper innards so we can get the cars into the garage because 'hail' season is coming. The hail here can destroy a vehicle to the point where insurance will label them 'totaled' (as my DIL's was last year) I got a new quilt top cut yesterday, I may start sewing it tonight after we come in, or I may just cut another one while I watch some old movies. I've got a few odds and ends that I want to make as well, so who knows what I could into today!!

So here's to everyone having a fantastic weekend! Chances of me spending much of it outside are GOOD!
      ๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Back again ~ The turkey patties are done & in the freezer. I usually get 21 patties out of 3 lb. of ground turkey. I mix it up almost like a meatloaf mix but form it into 3.75 oz. patties. After being on my feet most of the morning, it feels good to sit down for a few min. I also did 1 load of laundry.

The temp. already is up to 72 deg. Another beautiful spring day. I hope to make more progress with the FMQ this afternoon.

Are you familiar with the Statler Brothers Quartet? They retired a few yrs. ago. Harold Reid, the bass singer, died yest. of kidney failure. He was 80 y.o.

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Katrina ~ My R. hand bothered me today because the meat wasn't quite thawed out enough & it was really, really COLD! I had to break apart some of the chunks. After mixing, I had to warm up my hand in some warm water. I was thinking it would have been nice to have one of those big mixers.

• jjkaiser
          jjkaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          I have yellow kitchen gloves, those old ones so flexible you can pick up a dime. Never wear them for washing dishes but I put them on when mixing meatloaf or meatballs, and they work great for that! I just hate getting raw meat under my fingernails

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I keep disposable nitrile gloves on hand all the time. I use them every other day for a medical procedure for DH as well as for kitchen & cleaning projects. I'm glad I was stocked ahead before C-19 hit. I'm good for several weeks yet. Even with the glove on this a.m., my hand was really cold.
      Working...
      X