It's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday

Good morning friends. Friday has arrived with sunshine and warmer temperatures. I think we might hit the double digits today. Yesterday was fairly nice but still on the cool side.

I had a fellow postie come in for a hot cup of tea on her lunch hour yesterday. There are so many parcels coming in that they will be delivering parcels to the post office on Sundays. This is like Christmas all over again. I told Suzanne that if she was overwhelmed with parcels on Monday that I would go help her.

I may have found my mojo and a little inspiration. I have a baby quilt that I was wanting to make and yesterday I found some baby fabric to use. The pattern is from Fat Cat Patterns and it is the Onsies pattern. Very cute.

Also this morning I was invited to a Zoom meeting with a bunch of quilters that I have been on retreat with in the past. It should be fun to see everyone during this time of isolation.

And so I will continue with my baby quilt today. I am excited that I have some motivation back.

Have a great day and weekend everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Happy Friday everyone! Weather very similar to Monique's. I guess it'll be yard work today. Ground felt frozen when I went out first thing with the dog.

I did a "onesie" baby quilt a while ago for a baby girl. Tones of peach and pink. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Spring is definitely on the way here ....

Comment

Good morning!

Today is starting off a little cloudy. We will have a high in the low 50's.

Happy day, I have only one meeting today! My afternoon meetings were canceled. That works well for me, I have another project to work on. I will have to move the sewing machine out of the way so I can use the table and hook up the second monitor to my computer. Some projects can't be done with just a tiny laptop screen.

I stitched out several edge-to-edge embroidery designs yesterday and picked one for my UFO. That will be my project this weekend.

Mom's phone is working! My sister is going to give it a try and call her today. Our sister in Texas called me last night. She is having a hard time with the self-isolation, but is worried about what will happen when the restrictions are lifted. I need to send her the name of my contact at Mom's facility. She can set-up a time for her to talk to Mom.

Time to log in to my work chat. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's been a long night. Gabs has been sick and I'll take her to the vet in a little while.

Yesterday, wasn't very productive I knitted about 20 rows on the afghan and cut the second messenger bag. I did the quilting on the outer bag, and it's ready to sew together. We'll see what the day brings.

It stormed most of the night last night. I have some branches to pick up in the back yard. Nothing to big thankfully.

Have a great day!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          Katrina, that sounds *very* productive to me! I hope Gabby is feeling better soon.

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that sounds very productive too! I hope Miss Gabby feels better soon.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We had another beautiful spring day yest. High temp. was 80 deg., but the wind came up in the afternoon, so it felt much cooler. Chance of rain today. I have PT at 11:15.

Yest. a.m. I went groc. shopping. I was able to get most items on my list. Eggs still are limited to 2. There was no distilled water available. I went to another store after that. They had plenty of distilled water, although it cost more. I needed raw blanched peanuts. This store carries many bulk items. Because of the C-19, bulk items were pre-packaged in 1 lb. plastic bags, which is as it should be in these circumstances.

In the afternoon, I cooked up 16 apples for sauce. It made 6 freezer containers. I add cinnamon to it. Yum.

In the eve. I called a widow friend & we chatted an hour. She lives alone. This a.m. I learned that one of the ladies in my BSF group fell & broke her hip. She has Parkinson's & other health problems. She's having surgery at 11 a.m. today. Her name is Marilyn; prayers would be appreciated.

I still didn't make it to the LA for quilting. Maybe today. Monique ~ glad your mojo is coming back. I need to give mine a kick-start.

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Lifting prayers. I have no idea why this popped up twice.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Lifting prayers.

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          You're doubling up on the prayers, Katrina! :-)

Good morning. It is raining 🌧 here today. I want to start sewing the blocks on my new quilt. I also want to work on my scrapbooks. I thought I was done with mask making, but mt SIL re

Comment

Good morning. Happy Friday. I had to think hard about what day it was this morning.

We had a fun time at Max' birthday parade. And then later in the evening we were on a group video call to sing Happy Birthday to him.

Today is going to be a rainy day so we will be inside. No outside adventures. So what will we do? Well, my last order of masks is being picked up today and I am going to take a break with them until next week. I will work on a couple other sewing projects and then next week I will start to build up my stock again. Heaven knows I've got enough scrap fabric in my stash for them. I will also do a bit more cleaning out and some rearranging in the spare bedroom. Hubby is going to put the last coat of paint on the shelf .

Have a good Friday everyone.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I must have hit the post button accidentally. My sil requested 3 masks. I will overnight them so they have them when they go to the doctors. UPENN put out a request to have people sew “cuffs” for one of the Helmets they wear to treat patients. They provide the pattern and and all the materials. I hope btw me and my husband we can get it made.it involves a zipper. I have not delt with zippers too often.

Monique— where can I find the pattern for the onesie quilt you mentioned.

Have a a good day.
            Beth

Comment

Good morning everyone,
              I'm grateful that It's sunny and will warm up, YEAH! We may get out to do some yardwork today. I'm expecting a M* pkg today.

Yesterday was productive and like you Monique, I got some of my mojo. I finished a pair of glider cushions. One set done, another 3 different pairs to go. I also finished 3 MV cozies. These are 12" squares. So from 2 FQs, I get 1 cozy and 2 masks. I also cleaned up cutting table. The foam of cushions flakes off and grinds in like salt, so I have to scrub it down with water. I also vaccumed as its everywhere.

Today's plans include a drop off of items to mom's residence. I spoke to head nurse and Director of care. They received side tables for all patients as they are now confined to their room 24/7. I urged them to review her anxiety meds and adjust as needed. It was heart wrenching to hear her crying. They are monitoring for temps and BP. Some of the residents in her wing are being tested. I heard from mom's caregiver that 5 tested positive and one had been transferred to hospital. Mom had been mentioning that she could hear some patients coughing for awhile. While this is not uncommon in LTC, at this time it is more of concern. They are looking at bringing her & oer patients down to ground level for visits with family through window. That would be great. I plan to watch the vigil and memorial online tonight for the 22 victims in Nova Scotia. The shooter was also killed after a rampage that lasted over 12 hours across 100km.

Have be a wonderful Friday. Be safe. Take care.

42,110 / 2147 🙏

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Late getting to the forum today. I am thankful to be on my feet today even if in small increments. I did not get a good night's sleep so I was up and sitting in the chair for about an hour then went back to bed. Talk about shock when I woke up again it was 9:55, but I had a good sound sleep and my back eased up a bit.

We had a food delivery from BJ's again this morning. We ordered it yesterday so I have no complaints. I'm also now navigating their site much better and getting more efficient how to edit orders and if out of stock on a brand how to put replacement brands in. So far so good, two orders went very smoothly since the mishap. I will continue to order online for a while as it keeps us out of the stores for a while longer.

It looks like we may be getting a handle on the virus here. Yesterday the death toll was down from the 400's to the two hundred's today (although it is still tragic).Our hospitals are still overwhelmed but we are seeing progress. Wednesday one of the fire departments had a caravan of trucks and people do a drive by my local hospital with signs thanking the medical staff for all they are doing. So thankful there are people willing to out themselves on the front line for our safety.

​​​​​​Hope my back will be improved enough that next week I may be able to get up to the sewing room, fingers crossed. My husband has shown great improvement since his fall so we have much to be thankful for.

Wishing everyone a good day, stay well and continue to be safe.
                Last edited by Cathy F; April 24, 2020, 01:06 PM.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good afternoon and Happy Friday to all!

It's cloudy and rainy here. We managed for DH and doctor this morning. I can get used this home time appointment schedule. Finished the table runner and need to start on the napkins. I am thankful that this project is not a time crunch project and will be done in plenty of time for the birthday gift.

Joy, Caring thoughts and prayers for your Marilyn. May she have a speedy recovery.

Chat later!

Comment

Joy, I will be praying for Marilyn and Suzanne, also for your Mom. My heart goes out to you all. This is such a heartbreaking situation.

I made a quick trip to the dollar store this morning at 7am, the special time for seniors to shop. Jeff was still gone hunting when I got back home, so I had to unload everything myself and then sanitize most items. We will make a quick grocery store trip one morning next week. We don't have delivery service in our area.

We have storms on the way in about an hour. Jeff is mowing and I've been doing odds and ends all afternoon. I'm hand hemming Jeff's retirement quilt, so it's a very slow go. It will take me a week to finish it.

Monique, so glad you got some of your mojo back. I know it's hard right now.

Cathy, glad to hear Barry is better and that you are doing a little better.

Take care everyone and stay safe and well.

Barb
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning, everyone! (There's still 15 minutes left of the morning here on the West Coast.) I tend to spend time on the forum in the evening, and since I'm on the West Coast, most of you would be sleeping by the time I posted anything at all. I've been tempted to start the new post just past Midnight to surprise you all!

Here's our final update on real estate: We closed escrow on April 1st and then rented back from the new owners for two weeks. I can't begin to tell you what a weight lifted from my shoulders once escrow closed, a weight I hadn't even known was there. We got the offer at the very beginning of March. Believe it or not, even on March 2, no one realized how the world was going to quickly shut down. I still pray in Thanksgiving every day that the offer came in when it did. The real estate industry has basically shut down now, and that weight I hadn't known was there would be feeling heavier and heavier if we hadn't sold.

I had gone to Omaha to help our daughter with baby #5 (grandbaby #7) and was supposed to stay through the end of March. But my daughter got worried that domestic air travel would shut down, and she encouraged me to fly home when the baby was just a week old. The very next day, the Chicago airport completely shut down because so many of the air traffic controllers tested positive. The airlines cancelled the flight I'd booked, but they re-booked me in just an hour. I got the times all mixed up and barely made the new flight, arriving at the check-in counter precisely 30 minutes before take-off. Kudos to Southwest Airlines for getting my luggage on the right plane!

I got home and joined DH in packing up twenty years of accumulation. I did wind up with a low-grade fever about a week later, so I'm wondering if I had a mild case of COVID. If an antibody test becomes easily available, I think I'll get tested. We finished packing all but the fragile stuff, the moving company finished that up in one day, then they loaded their truck the next. We stayed in the house through Easter weekend, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and made the drive on Easter Monday. (The cleaning paid off, as our buyers said the house was pristine when they got there, and they are returning our full security deposit.) On Tuesday, the moving van unloaded into two storage units and our little condo. In these times of quarantine, it was a little scary to be around close to a dozen strangers from Thursday through Tuesday.

The move was complicated by the fact that Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, and all other donation centers had shut down. Fortunately, our buyers said they'd be grateful for any furniture we'd leave behind. We put a lot of other things out on the sidewalk, and virtually all of it was taken by neighbors. In the end, we did pay a junk hauling service to take the things no one wanted plus any hazardous materials.

I had no idea how small this place really is. My IKEA Poang chairs seem huge in our bedroom! My plans for what-goes-where will all have to change, because the furniture we brought fills the rooms really, really quickly!

All in all, I have to say that we are content to be here, happy to have a smaller house and yard to take care of, and unpacking is going very smoothly. As soon as I get the living room boxes unpacked (which will be after I get the kitchen boxes done), I'm going to treat myself to a sewing day. In the meantime, I'm also starting the FlyLady.net organization system ... again. I'm trying to build good habits in my new little home!

Blessings to you all! I close by saying "Good Afternoon," because I started this post in the morning, but now it's afternoon time!
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• JCY
                        JCY commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What a blessing your house sold in the nick of time before so many closures. Enjoy your new digs. It's never easy to downsize. One of my friends (a widow) sold her AZ home to move back to CO to an assisted living place. She ended up donating a lot of things to the Veterans & just giving stuff away. Her assisted living was space was sooooo small! I would have had claustrophobia in such a small place. I keep thinking about the stuff I need to sort through & do something with. Most of it our kids have no interest in, but it's hard to let go of things that have so much sentimental value. Both DH & I have items we've inherited from our parents.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm happy that everything is working out. With the sale, move to new place and visit with new grand baby.

Happy Friday!! I just got off work, so late joining. I have to say you all keep me sane! Even reading the daily thread is relaxing it's like having conversations. Today was the last day of the month for work deadlines ..I worked my tush off today but got everything done!
                      My daughter has requested Aprons as she loves to bake. Looks like I'll be busy this weekend. I really want to try a couple new quilt patterns out but getting grief from the BF and DD that I haven't finished their quilts and they have been waiting ....
                      Ok let's talk retail therapy for a min. LOL I see I'm not the only one considering all the messages at online stores. I've noticed no matter what it is the daily deal sell out by 10am too. At least we're staying sane...right?
                      With all the time on my hands after work, I'm trying to make this rental into a home...very old house with old fixtures. Interesting to find out all the things you can do with fabric! I want to feel at home but also not break the bank making improvements on someone else's property. Found out instead of spending money on backsplash for the kitchen. Robert Kaufman makes backsplash fabric and with liquid starch you can put up temp. fabric wallpaper. The outlet covers look old and worn, spray painting them. Taking down all the broken fixtures that were left. I found Murphys soap is awesome! Curtains will go up this weekend ...since I finally found the bin they are in, we have temp ones up right now. So excited to decorate.
                      I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                        Good morning friends. Friday has arrived with sunshine and warmer temperatures. I think we might hit the double digits today. Yesterday was fairly nice but still on the cool side.

I had a fellow postie come in for a hot cup of tea on her lunch hour yesterday. There are so many parcels coming in that they will be delivering parcels to the post office on Sundays. This is like Christmas all over again. I told Suzanne that if she was overwhelmed with parcels on Monday that I would go help her.

I may have found my mojo and a little inspiration. I have a baby quilt that I was wanting to make and yesterday I found some baby fabric to use. The pattern is from Fat Cat Patterns and it is the Onsies pattern. Very cute.

Also this morning I was invited to a Zoom meeting with a bunch of quilters that I have been on retreat with in the past. It should be fun to see everyone during this time of isolation.

And so I will continue with my baby quilt today. I am excited that I have some motivation back.

Have a great day and weekend everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
                        Monica- I would also like to know obout onciec pattern, I looked on Fat Cat web site and didn't see it.
                        Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                        X