Night Owl Gets a Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Owl Gets a Trim

With longer hair it's a bit easier to miss a few weeks between trims. With my hair this short, the curls start doing their own thing. Well, I had enough. I busted out the shears and started snipping.
    While I cannot guarantee that everything is even, it's not horrible. The curls are back under some semblance of control. The beautician is still going to have some work to do when we are allowed back in!

Anybody else step step outside their comfort zone to try something that needed to be done during our distancing?

I think I should have accomplished more today, but it is what it is.

The eggs are holding a steady temperature in the incubator. Good news! We will give it a couple more days and candle a couple just to see what's up.

What's up in your neck of the woods this evening?
    Hugs, Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Hello Cathy
    The sky is pink here the suns about to rise, the birds are awake, am about to sew, cannot sleep, something has upset me.
    Fingers are crossed for the eggs, remember going to a museum of farming back in primary school, they showed us all the newly hatched chicks, learnt about them, petted all the animals, then we got to comb fleece, using a spinning wheel, spun wool fibres into yarn. Then tried the weight method, cannot remember correct term, Funny how these early memories spring up now and again.
    Have a great evening / day
    T

Comment

• toggpine
      toggpine commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry that you are having trouble sleeping. That is so exhausting for many reasons.

Farm tours are often wonderful learning events. Our state fair has a traveling farm, and they bring the farm to the elementary schools. I seem to only get my wheel out about once a year any more. I bring it to the state fair and spin at the open class sheep show during demonstration hours. It's fun to sit and chat with friends you see once or twice per year.
      My guess is they let you try your hand at the drop spindle method of spinning.
      You just never know what will trigger memories!

I hope you find some solace in your sewing room and can sneak in an early nap somewhere in your day.

I flowbee'd mine two days ago. Only scary part this time around was when the guard came off while I was doing the back of my head! I don't feel any strange breezes back there, so I think I'm good....
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• MRoy
      MRoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat, I figured I was the only one still using a Flowbee! I love mine. I used it last week so my hair is nice and short again (pixie style).

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never heard of a Flowbee. What is it?

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      You are not the only one! What is a Flowbee? At first I thought it had something to do with spinning yarn or chickens. We need to see pics of you ladies hairdos!!!!

I have to do something to my hair soon. It’s not long enough for a ponytail and I’m tired of pulling it back into clips. Not sure how soon I will feel comfortable going back to my hairdresser.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I trimmed my bang this week, although I can push to side, I just feathered it like my hairdresser does.

As for the rest of the mop, I will let it grow. No choice right now. It's at ear level, sort of a bob. If the length drives me nuts, I will tie it up. I have never had hair reach shoulder, ever, so this should be interesting. I'm thinking of leaving the colour grow out, although I have product to colour it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Although I was once a hairdresser many years ago I am not good cutting my own. I can and have done the front but the sides and back aren't possible. I needed a cut 6 weeks ago and now I am looking pretty shaggy. My semi wavy hair likes to do its own thing.🙄 When I put on a mask it really doesn't help things.

Comment

My GD, licensed hairdresser, told me, "DON'T DO IT GRANDMA." I'm desperate for a trim but we're all sheltering in and I won't see her until this pandemic is over. Long hair is not my thing. You know how they say that owners and their dogs seem to resemble each other? Yup, that's me!

Comment

When cutting DH's hair last week I decided that I could use a trim. Took a lot off and now I'm glad I do not have to go out in public. LOL Glad I'm not the only one that has had this problem. What is a Flowbee?
            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
            Aesop

Comment

I was going to get my hair colored and cut for DD's wedding, this weekend in fact. So instead I ordered John Fridas Go Blonde shampoo and conditioner. It uses lemon just like when me and my friends would put lemon in our hair and sit by the pool. What's the worse that can happen?👱‍♀️lol

🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Claire Hallman commented
                Editing a comment
                Depending on your natural color it could turn orange

No, but I need to - and root touch up too!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I just don't have the temperament for futzing with my hair every day, so I just let it grow and pull it up in a ponytail or bun. I spend almost nothing on products (cheap shampoo and conditioner only), and have been known to go years between haircuts. I feel so lucky right now........

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                  What is a Flowbee?
                  A Flowbee is a hair cutter that attaches to a vacuum. The vacuum lifts the hair up and the Flowbee cuts it. There are extensions to attach to the cutter to get specific lengths. Here's a link to the website, https://www.flowbee.com/
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Granny Fran
                    Granny Fran commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the info....who knew?

• jjkaiser
                    jjkaiser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OMG that sounds extreme!!! Is the end result like a military buzz cut? Or just super super short??

• 201 Treadler
                    201 Treadler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    if vacuumed hair it would probably all go down tube without the cutting lol certainly a great way to rid of epithelials teehee

I was just about to google this. Very interesting product.

Comment

Funny you ladies started talking of hair cuts. I've kept my hair short (pixie cut) for the last ..ohhh 5 years or so..the same time I stopped coloring it. LOVE that I no longer color it, not because I didn't love the color I was using but just because I was having to do a root job every 4-6 weeks and I hated doing it! (I kept it colored dark, my natural young days color, but I've been completely silver for 15 years or so, ...so wanna talk about 'SKUNK" look..oh yeah) Anyway.. I have TOTALLY been considering SHAVING my head lately. It's been a thought for about a year now..and I swear...that thought is creeping in more and more. Talk about ease of maintenance! I mean, even if I didn't like it, my hair grows pretty fast and it will grow back.. right?? LOL (I'd love to own a flowbee!..thought of ordering one of those years ago and never did..now, wish I had!)
                    😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

• jjkaiser
                      jjkaiser commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Better plan ahead if you are gonna shave your head. My dh has a beard and once many yrs ago he shaved it off for a job interview. This was in September. Biggest mistake ever. His face with no beard, is so thin and bony he looked like a refugee. And we won't talk about the tan on his face except where he shaved the beard off! Happy ending he did get the job and grew his beard back and never shaved it off again.

i have short straight hair and use my Flowbee on it. my son uses it also on his.

Comment

Working...
                    X