Pets and the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pets and the virus

I know many of you have pets - Two cats have become the first pets in the United States to test positive for coronavirus, federal agencies announced Wednesday in a release recommending a number of precautions pet owners should take. Full article here

Meet Spike (a funny for the day). He's my soon-to-be 13 year old pug. He patiently waits for me to come up from the basement sewing studio where I have been making masks so my last one of the day was for him. Don't think he was happy to have it on, but he will do anything for a treat!

Stay well, folks.

Attached Files
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Too cute! Know what you mean about "will do anything for a treat."
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

I heard about these two cats getting the virus. I am shaking my head though. Tests are in such short supply everywhere and unless you fit all the criteria, not just a few on the list, you cannot get tested. So how did these cats get tested? Unless this was not in the U.S.??

Comment

Am sorry to hear that, lets hope all is well.
        Cute and great mask😁👍
        am not to keen on masks either but its an added chicane in the battle to keep germs out, in these trying times
        Last edited by 201 Treadler; April 23, 2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
          I heard about these two cats getting the virus. I am shaking my head though. Tests are in such short supply everywhere and unless you fit all the criteria, not just a few on the list, you cannot get tested. So how did these cats get tested? Unless this was not in the U.S.??
          To quote the article:
          Although animal testing does not affect the availability of coronavirus tests for humans, widespread testing in animals isn't recommended by the USDA, The Associated Press reports. Veterinarians may recommend testing for pets who have been exposed to someone with the virus.

As someone who works in laboratory testing, I can believe this statement. Even if they're testing for the same thing, the tests one would use on a pet are usually different from the tests one would run on a human, mostly due to biological, physiological, or behavioral differences between the species.

Comment

I did read about these two cats, not from same household. I think it was in NY state, I could be wrong. The cats did go outdoors, so they could have picked up there or from their humans who had the virus. They were not very ill, just sneezes. Heck I have one cat with allergies, he sprays when he sneezes.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Decades ago, I dated a guy whose cat sneezed violently. In fact, his sneezes were so explosive the cat's name was "Grenade."

• 201 Treadler
              201 Treadler commented
              Editing a comment
              mischief has irritable behaviours he worked out last night if strummed paw across treadle legs it made a noise, so he sat there arm out strumming while looking at himself laid fast asleep in bed, himself rose up walked down hall fed cat and returned while still asleep, scary but true. A pillow has been placed against. wonder what will do tonite

People,time and time again posts have been made - keep the politics off the forum.

Political leaning comments have been unapproved. If more are made this entire post will be shut down. It gets old repeating the same warnings.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

• jjkaiser
              jjkaiser commented
              Editing a comment
              Please feel free to remove my post. I will try to behave in the future.

I tried to edit my post removing all political references but got message I did not have the authority to edit it. So please everyone ignore what I said and do not comment. I did not think what I said was crossing the line but I do not want to get banned. Thank you.
            Jocelyn

Comment

Working...
            X