It's Monday -- A New Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday -- A New Week

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Probably Monique or someone is posting at the same time as I am. Daylight is just dawning. It promises to be sunny & nice & in the 60's. We had 66 yest. The snow is all gone except for in shady areas where it was piled up.

I spent all afternoon yest. sewing face masks. I made 3. I have 8 to mail to MD to DS#1 & his family. I need to make at least 2 more for DS#1 here. I want a couple more for myself, too.

I have PT at 9:30. I'm discouraged my progress isn't any faster. But I guess the older we are the harder it is to do these things. My previous dr. used to say, "Well, when folks get to a certain age..." It doesn't mean I have to like it!

Today will be the usual laundry. I hand washed the masks yest. & hung them outside to dry. I want to press them, package them for the mail & send them today.

Good morning Joy and all who follow,
    It's sunny and temps are expected to rise gradually over the week. It's a very slow start to spring. The birds are feeding, a robin is strutting across the patio, and squirrels are chasing each other on the fence. The cats have been fed, and DH is still sleeping.

Yesterday was a sad day in Nova Scotia and Canada's largest mass killing. 19 people are dead, along with a veteran RCMP officer and the shooter. They haven't identified the motive. My prayers go out to the families in these already difficult times. I think this coloured my mood yesterday as I was in the sewing room. I worked on more masks and a few microwave plate cozies. Mid-afternoon I wasn't feeling well, nauseous, then I realized I had not taken time to drink and eat. I decided it was time for a break and fresh air.

I am grateful to a great neighbour and friend. He has finished a second cast iron bench for us. I will post picture once we move it over to our house. He works so well, and is really bored, having retired in December and now stuck at home. Thankfully he has a fantastic workshop. He has made me a recipe book holder.

Today I plan to do some housecleaning, a bit every day is new routine. Go for a walk. I need to plan a trip to grocery store this week. Online shopping is just not a viable option with long waits and then cancellations. I am proud that I haven't been in grocery store in 2 weeks.

Please se exercise caution in your outings. You are not alone, we are all together in these challenging times.
    Take care and be safe.

35,056 / 1581

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning!

We are enjoying another bright, sunny day today. Temps will be a little cooler, with highs in the mid-50's. I spent some time in the yard yesterday, chopping the bushes in front of the house. My city has an ordinance where your shrubbery is not supposed to cover your windows. They were just starting to get that high. If I don't get laid off, I want to have the shrubs taken out. We have a lot of deer in the area who like to nibble on them in the winter time. I would like a seating area on the one side, and maybe just grass on the other side? I haven't decided yet.

Looks to be a slow day for work today. I have one meeting this morning and two meetings this afternoon. Of course, I thought Friday would be quiet after all my meetings were cancelled. Silly me! I was inundated with stuff to process very late in the afternoon -- one gal sent me something urgent at 4:30 pm. She really needs to learn to manage her time better. It wouldn't have been an emergency if she had sent it earlier in the day.

My sister in Texas is going to delay her visit. She was scheduled to come up towards the end of June. Her airline sent her an email saying she could change her flight for free if she did so before April 30. She wants to see Mom, but nursing homes/memory care facilities are way down on the list when the state re-opens. I would hate for her to fly up here and not be able to get in. She is thinking of changing her flight to August or maybe October.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning. Here we are back at Monday. It will be another day of making masks. Hubby and I cut a bunch of fabric into the two sizes I make and today I will see just how many we have enough cuts for. I told him that I might need him to cut some solids to supplement for some of the backs of masks.

Even though each day seems much like the orher, we are trying to have certain things we do on certain days. For instance, today is laundry day.....and hubby is helping more with that. Wednesday is the day that he takes care of all the houseplants. Saturday we sit down and plan out the meals for the week (even more important now since we can't run to the store for an ingredient). And Sundays we have still tried to keep it as more of a relaxing day. So we did a minimum of tasks yesterday (prepped sauce and meatballs and cut the fabric) and then took a nice walk. After that, we spent the afternoon listening to the classical music and just reading or chatting about plans for our gardens this year.

And so now we start another week of this strange time. The numbers of cases/deaths, etc. are going down here in our state and county so we are headed in the direction we would like to. I pray that trend continues.

Today I am grateful for having so many things to keep us busy. I am sometimes not motivated to get to those things but then I imagine a time when we will be able to go out and do things again and how good it will feel to know that those things we always wished we had time to accomplish have actually been dealt with and they aren't lingering in the background waiting to be done.

Have as good of a day as possible today.
        Last edited by Ginny B; April 20, 2020, 07:21 AM.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning All,

Mike is working closing today, so I'm trying to be quiet. lol, I'm surprised, not really, he slept through the thunder storms this morning. I put shaking Gabby in bed with me while I watched the Holderness's new YouTube. Thankfully, the storm passed through fairly quickly and Gabby didn't have to wait too long to do her business outside.

Hopefully the sun will make an appearance today.

Yesterday I turned my new vacuum cleaner upside down to clean the roller. I had a couple of handfuls of string wrapped around the roller. After getting it righted, I realized I could have cleaned it from the top. Lesson learned. The wonder clip I'd rolled over was right there and easy to pick out. I also learned about vacuuming where you can't see. I had no idea there was a wonder clip on the floor on the other side of the ironing board!

Jim came by and picked up the rest of the scrub caps while he was out. He'd been to Lowe's to pick up some things. They've rearranged their house again, trying to get it to the point he can work (teach and computer tech) in the office area. I'm sure this has been an eye opener for them. Several things they've tried failed, sooner or later they'll realize they really need a little bit bigger house. I don't think that's in the plans for now, though.

Have a great day! It looks like it's clearing up here.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning Everyone, Jeff has been out in the woods hunting since before daylight. I haven’t heard any gunshots yet. We know of one huge gobbler with females hanging around.

The mass shooting in Nova Scotia is so tragic. I feel for the families and communities having to go through this on top of everything else.

I’ve had a slow morning so far. The sun shining is a blessing today. It’s supposed to rain most of the week. I need to make a run to the grocery store but I’m holding out as long as possible. We are totally out of fresh produce other than potatoes. I have canned fruit and frozen veggies but a salad sounds so good. I will be making hummingbird food today. Our neighbor called last night to say the hummers are back and looking for food.

I may make a few more masks.

Have a great day everyone. Hugs....
            Last edited by Bubby; April 20, 2020, 07:29 AM.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Today is the 21st anniversary of the Columbine HS shooting. There have been so many school & mass shootings since then. So sad.

Hello friends, happy Monday,
            it is sunny today with gusty breeze,
            looking out the window we can see the apple trees and pear trees have woken from slumber, now creating flower buds, the apples are pink, pears are white like the cherries, there is more bees, flying insects in the yard.
            We did very little, over weekend, its just a case of doing what can, when can.
            shopping wise have not been anywhere since 12th March, the enforced cv diet is going well.
            Am sorry to hear people have been shot, this is terrible. my thoughts x prayers go to the families and all who are affected.
            Sew wise I see Unity part 4 is released, may venture to sew part 3 today, listen to the wireless, and keep spirits up, only problem is like 'Rosannas grave' movie the treadling goes to the speed of the music lol.😉😁 (there no sewing in movie)
            Have a great day,
            hugs,
            T

Comment

Good morning, it looks like we might get a little more rain. 😮We got somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 inches over the weekend and some strong winds did damage in several areas of the state. We had none right here, thank goodness.
              I got my applique done and my quilt sandwiched yesterday😁, pinning was difficult as I seem to pin with my right hand and close with my left index finger. I has healed but pressure on it is uncomfortable yet. I did a bit of walking foot quilting on it with the foot that has a blade to guide along the seam, I think I will try the open toe one so I can see better as I was not thrilled with yesterday's efforts. 😕

Comment

Good morning . We are suppose to have clouds and temp around 60. Yesterday we had sunshine and that meant the dogs wanted to go out all the time.

I made 21 masks over the weekend. I think my DH is getting tired of pleating them.

I also have have been going through my closets and gathering all the clothes I don’t wear anymore. It is most athletic wear. I found a gal on the site next door who picked up the back and will sell the items on EBay and other sites. I prob need to make a couple of passes through my drawers and closet.

Have a a good day.
                Beth

Comment

Back again
                  just seen on the Blog that it was Jenny and Rons 40th Wedding Anniversary over weekend
                  40th is that the Ruby one?
                  Belated Happy Anniversary
                  hope had a great day celebrating a marvellous day.🎂❤👍😁
                  Hugs
                  T

Comment

Good morning all,

Cloudy all day is predicted here in NW Minn., with maybe some snow/rain and wind. I'm getting tired of waiting for spring to arrive.

Yesterday, a gal from the nursing home came and picked up the 15 masks I had made. She was very grateful, and brought me a bottle of wine!! I told her it will help the "stay at home" certainly pass more quickly!🤣

We finished one wall of the kitchen backsplash. We'll just continue a little each day since DH is working. I'm thinking we'll need to order some more tiles since we ruined a few trying to get the hang of how to work with them. We're sure liking how it looks so far.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Comment

for a couple of days, I fell off the quilting wagon. Today got some done. Looked at Natashamakes.com. She's based in UK and every Monday and Tuesday she either makes something. She just started her home quilt store business then C-19 came around. She has many good ideas. (I hope this is ok to post this here-if not, delete it please.) have a wonder evening.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                        201 Treadler commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Natasha was one of the sewing quarter tv presenters with John Scott x Vicky Gordon before it closed end of last year. we often popped the channel on while she was expecting. It is sad that not all on the new sewing channel. wish them all success in these trying times.
                        Caught her on Hochanda via the distance film at home thing they doing, t'other day showing a lovely quilt.
                        great to hear your back quilting.
                        sometimes seeing a person can help to inspire, playing with fabric, getting behind the needle. Looking forward to hearing your progress👍

Another day! It's getting so bad that I don't even know what day of the week it is when I get up in the morning!! Finished our spring cleaning last week. Today dh went on a groc store run (we take turns) so I had a burst of energy while he was out of the house and took every last thing out of the fridge and washed the fruit/veg drawers and took all the shelves and door bins out and washed them too. Then I threw so much stuff out I couldn't believe it. Canned whipped cream 4 months old, salsa with expir date 2018, salad dressing with about 1/8th inch in the bottom of the bottle. Really why was I saving all those dribs and drabs. Chinese food condiments (fish sauce, spicy chili sauce etc) that hadnt been opened in 2 years! Out out everything went! My fridge looks so amazing like it is brand new and I have so much more room now. I should've done this ages ago!!

The afternoon was spent tearing my hair out. I am pretty tech savvy and can usually figure things out. My dh is hopeless, he just wants everything to work automatically. He has an echo dot and separate speakers on his desk he likes to hear music through. Two weeks ago he got some bluetooth (wireless) headphones and my job was to connect the two devices. I tried everything and could not get it to work. Called Amazon and was on the phone with an actual real live person for over an hour. He had me go through all the steps I had done before calling and he could not figure out why the devices were not connecting. So aggravating! In the end he said my echo dot was 2nd generation 2 ish years old) and of corse the 3rd gen is out now so he guessed my dot was too old to sync up. So I ordered a new echo dot and we will see if that fixes things or if he was just saying that to make it seem like he was helping me! The good thing is the echo dot is usually $49 but currently on sale for $29 so I got a good price on it. I sure hope it works.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                        I had a burst of energy while he was out of the house and took every last thing out of the fridge and washed the fruit/veg drawers and took all the shelves and door bins out and washed them too. Then I threw so much stuff out I couldn't believe it. Canned whipped cream 4 months old, salsa with expir date 2018, salad dressing with about 1/8th inch in the bottom of the bottle. Really why was I saving all those dribs and drabs. Chinese food condiments (fish sauce, spicy chili sauce etc) that hadnt been opened in 2 years! Out out everything went! My fridge looks so amazing like it is brand new and I have so much more room now. I should've done this ages ago!!
                        I just did the SAME THING last week!! Why, oh WHY don’t they make some of these sauces in single or double serving sizes? I needed Oyster sauce, fish sauce, rice wine, rice wine vinegar, OY! I always forget which one I have in my fridge, so I get both rice wine and rice wine vinegar and I get home and the recipe calls for neither one! We are horrible about leaving little droplets of dressing in the bottles (but the Gorgonzola Pear dressing is so good)! One of my favorite things is a fresh clean fridge.
                        Last edited by Paisley; April 21, 2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                          jjkaiser commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think we might be twins separated at birth LOL! I hear you on the Chinese food ingredients, exactly my issue but you said it so much better!!

Originally posted by Paisley View Post
                        I just did the SAME THING last week!! Why, oh WHY don’t they make some of these sauces in single or double serving sizes? I needed Oyster sauce, fish sauce, rice wine, rice wine vinegar, OY! I always forget which one I have in my fridge, so I get both rice wine and rice wine vinegar and I get gone and the recipe calls for neither one! We are horrible about leaving little droplets of dressing in the bottles (but the Gorgonzola Pear dressing is so good)! One of my favorite things is a fresh clean fridge.
                        You must make Teriyaki sauce....that's what I have on hand too. Funny must have been clean out week. I did mine too. I try to never bring in new food without going thru the fridge.

Comment

Working...
                        X