A tribute to My 85 years young Father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tribute to My 85 years young Father

My Dad passed away on Easter this year. In 1988 he overcame a throat cancer which left him without the ability to speak except by using a voice vibrater that made him sound like a robot. Most recently, in the spring and fall, he had to fight off pneumonia which could land him in the hospital. During the pandemic he ended up lonely in the hospital, without loved ones to come visit due to restrictions.
    Once home, he didn't last long and gave up his will to live. He was a great man whom I loved dearly and will greatly miss.

Because of the recent pandemic our family is planing a memorial on his birthday in July.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family; may your memories of your father bring you joy and comfort.

Comment

Am so sorry for your loss, prayers for comfort for you and family at this sad time.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a horrible time to have to grieve and move on. Hoping for brighter days and lots of wonderful memories for you to cherish as the days go by.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a sad time, with family members drawing their last breaths alone. My hapusband lost his 95 year old dad end of March, and sadly he was buried and we were not able to travel into the US. We hope to get together in the future.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. May you have peace and comfort to help you through this difficult time.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jeannette

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories help you through this most difficult time.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thoughts & prayers. My sympathies. Cherish the memories. These are tough times for families due to C-19.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You have my sympathy and prayers. I lost my dad almost 2 years ago and it still hurts, but I find comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering or in pain. I hope you will find comfort in your memories with him.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of your dads passing.
                      Karen
                      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

My heart goes out to you & your family, I know your grief and sorrow all to well. Thoughts and prayers to all of you.
                        Kathryn
                        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your comfort during this crisis.
                          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                          Aesop

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing a parent, no matter how old we are or they are. I'd like to think that your Father didn't so much lose the will to live, but found the strength to hang on while in the hospital until he was able to return to the comfort of his home and love of his family.

Comment

Well said, Caroline. Sympathy & prayers to you & your family during this sad time. Gina

Comment

Working...
                              X