First Online Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Online Wedding

My nephew and his new bride were married yesterday. It was very sweet. Because they are both nurses, this has been a very trying time for them.

Because they could only have 10 people in the church, my sister had us all send her photos and taped them to the pews as though we were all there. We all watched via video on facebook live from afar. Upon exiting the church other friends and relatives who lived nearby had driven to the church and were waiting to blow their car horns in celebration. They had their first dance in the parking lot of the church, and were surprised to see a card table set up with the chocolate wedding cake. So they were able to have some of the traditional photo ops with the un-conventional wedding. This photo is the bride and groom with my oldest nephew (best man) and my sis. It was different to attend online but still very meaningful. Clare n Mel.jpg
    Attached Files

Beautiful picture of the happy couple. It is sad that their wedding was upset with the current problems, but I thought the idea of taping your pictures on the pews was a really great idea!!!

Nancy

Comment

Beautiful picture! Where there is a will there is a way. They will look back on this years from now and have a very unique wedding story to tell of how they got married. Love the idea of the pictures of the guests on the pews.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree...a very beautiful picture. Her dress is gorgeous!

My DIL's niece was planning to get married this spring in Holland. DS#1 & family already had tickets to fly over for the event. Due to C-19, the wedding has been postponed till Sept. I hope they can have it then & people will be free to travel.

I just learned today my grandson in ID is planning to get married in July. He's already been fitted for his tux. I hope that event comes off okay.

It sounds like your nephew made the best of the situation.

Comment

I'm so glad they went ahead and got married. Its really not about the party...its about the love and maybe some of the young people will get this message . If you have to be quarantined, what better thing to do than "honeymoon"
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

This will be a memorable event, even if it wasn't as they had originally planned. Beautiful picture of the newlyweds and family.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• KarenC
            KarenC commented
            Editing a comment
            They even had a story about them on the news the next night.

The pics are lovely. Good for them that they decided to go ahead anyway and maybe when this is all over they can dress up again in their wedding finery and have a party with close friends and family in actual attendance. I liked the idea of that cake! I guess many couples planning to get married this spring or summer are trying to figure out what to do.

Comment

How sweet. Thanks for sharing with us.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Love this. So glad they went through with their plans. May not have been their dream wedding...but this is just perfect.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Lovely couple......great idea about posting the photos on the pews. There's been a lot of people having to do these types of weddings.
                Blessings!
                wedding30rose.gif
                Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I think this was their wedding I saw on the national news this eve. It showed the pictures on all the pews, the dance outside, & cutting the cake. Congratulations to the happy couple.

Comment

• KarenC
                    KarenC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha, probably was Mel and Clare

Good Looking kids! And in the end...they still had their day..awesome they went on with it! CONGRATS to them!
                  😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Working...
                  X