Good Morning Saturday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I have only a min. A busy morning ahead with making chicken soup. I did the veg. prep. last evening. I went grocery shopping yest. a.m. right after breakfast. I was able to get everything I needed at one store -- plenty of chicken, distilled water, etc. Still a limit of 2 doz. on the eggs; the shelf was sparse. I saw only 2 customers w/o masks or some sort of face covering. All the store employees now are wearing masks. The checker also was wearing gloves. There was no door keeper limiting entry for customers.

I spent the afternoon yest. making masks. I got 3 made. DS#1 in MD called yest. Everyone there is required now to wear a mask. I'm making some for him, his wife, & dau. Also working on masks for DS#2 here & myself.

Our high temp. yest. was 55 deg. We had a lot of good melting. We will be in a warming trend for the next few days so maybe we can rid of this white stuff. Oh, but it was so beautiful yest. a.m.! Clear blue skies. All the trees, shrubs, etc. looked like they had heavy flocking on them. I wish I would have had time to take some pics, but I wanted to get to the store before things were picked over.

Good Morning Joy and those who follow.

Mike had to go in to work today. So this morning was pretty quiet. I've enjoyed my coffee and am getting ready to go back to my scrub cap job so I can pack up all of this fabric that's laying around. I want to finish that job so I can work on getting this house back in order.

Gabby needs a grooming appointment, and I need to call and see if they're taking the dental appointments in May at her vets. They have a 10% discount in May. Her teeth are a mess and we've been working on brushing them, but she's not a fan!

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Time to get busy!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning!

Today is a starting out delightfully sunny. We had snow showers yesterday but it has melted already.

I am looking forward to seeing my sister later today. She is getting a serious case of cabin fever. I am going to take her lunch from Olive Garden, they have a "buy one take one" special that we want to try.

I may spend some time in the sewing room this afternoon. I have a UFO to work on. All I need to do is piece the backing (one vertical seam), then I can sandwich it and start quilting on my embroidery machine. I just need to pick the design.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning....We had a hard freeze last night but the sun is shining bright this morning. My goal for the day is to get some housework done now that I'm sleeping better and I have a little energy.

Yesterday we bathed the Girls and trimmed their toenails....not fun. Maggie wouldn't let us do her back feet...maybe today. Sugar was a sweetie about the whole thing. Our groomer has always said Sugar is more cooperative than Maggie and we saw that in action yesterday.

I plan to begin binding Jeff's retirement quilt tomorrow if all goes well. I have had it back from my quilter for about a week...shame on me.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe...Hugs, Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning. We had rain overnight. Hope it clears up this afternoon. I will cont to sew more masks this weekend. I need to get one in the mail to my DD in Seattle.

Our governor will start to open our state (PA) on May 1. It will be an interesting time.

Better get get back to the sewing machine.

Beth

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            That is scarry. Your state has almost as many cases as we have in our entire country. I would wait to get out and about.

image.jpg
          Good morning everyone,
          I am grateful that I have no where to go but home. It's a bit warmer today, so I might get out in the yard. I had a thought to help my housebound apartment GF. She loves gardening, so I might offer she come over to help us clean up, respecting a safe distance.

Yesterday I was productive. In the morning, I cut up the prime rib that I cooked day before and made 2 beef pot pies and a beef barley soup. I froze one meal for later. The remainder of the day, I quilted a Victoria quilt, attached binding and handsewed the binding & label. It's washed and ready to go into stockpile. Unfortunately, no quilts are being given at this time.

Today, I may tackle yardwork and get to the sewing room. Tonight I plan on watching the 2hr music special - One World....

Enjoy oy your weekend, stay safe and be cautious.

31,927 / 1310

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Morning all,

Rained overnight and a rather gloomy and grey today. Hoping for some sun to peek through this afternoon.

My husband gets antsy on days like this he loves to be in the yard puttering around, looks like it won't happen today. So now he's running the vacuum all over the house. I usually let the Roomba wonder around but if it's keeping him busy I'm happy. Not sure what else he'll be looking to get into next. I think I'll be heading for the sewing room today!

Wishing everyone a good day and weekend. Be well and stay safe.

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• LauraP
              LauraP commented
              Editing a comment
              give him the dust mop so he can knock down the cobwebs.

Good everyone. DGD went home with her parents yesterday so it's just me again. Today I will finish picking up her various toys here and there, and putting them away. I met a GF for a walk this morning. We are supposed to have rain today. It's very humid right now.
            Once I take a shower and get the main part of the house in order, I will try to clean up the sewing room. What a mess I have in there. I finished one pillow covering yesterday, 3 more to go. If I had the pillow form to slip inside, I could make sure everything fits right before I sew the rest of them. Maybe I'll reach out to the client today. She was supposedly ordering it for curbside pickup. Oh well, time to get a moving here.

Comment

Woot, woot another 9 scrub caps ready to pick up between yesterday and today. So that's 22 in the second batch of mass sewing, 33 in the first batch. I think I like double numbers. Morgan goes back to work on Wednesday so they'll have them then.

Mike's on the way home. Time to clean up the house and move on to something else!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Back again. We decided to move the snowblower from the garage to the shed, which means everything for summer comes out - lawnmower, benches, lawn ornaments, bird baths, pots, chairs. Swept the floor and put away snowblower and bicycles are ready to take for a spin -- right! Tossed out broken items. I started racking leaves again, filled 2 lawn bags. That was a good 3hrs of yardwork. I am going to be stiff tomorrow.

My daughter told me the city asked that families limit garbage bags and recycling. Well, that won't happen here. It's bad enough certain items only get picked up every 2nd week. Not going to clean up property to fill up garage.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                X