Spring Snowstorm Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Snowstorm Pictures

P1030951.JPGP1030952.JPGP1030955.JPGOh, good! That worked. I'm still getting used to my pictures files with W-10, etc. & the new M* format. I went out about 8:30 after it got brighter to take pics. I measured 9" on the picnic table. The trees are laden down. In the first pic you can see one of the honey locust tree limbs drooping almost to the ground. After I took pics, I slogged through the deep snow; I used the push broom & jiggled the branch to shake off the snow; it sprang back up. I knocked snow off of several of the crab apple tree branches, too. The snow is super saturated with moisture -- a very wet, heavy snow. The street is very sloppy & water is gushing down the gutters. Hopefully it all will melt soon.

When DS#2 went out to clean off his Explorer this a.m., he measured 13" on the roof! He lives in the N. end of town; we're in the S end. The snow bands can vary & people can get differing amounts of snow. He e-m'd when he safely got to work. He used 4WD in town on the unplowed streets. The main hwys. had been plowed & were in decent shape.

Our neighbor (2 houses away) shoveled our driveway & front walk. We've lived here for 41 years & so appreciate having good neighbors.

Wow! That is too much snow for a Georgia girl for sure! Sure looks pretty, though. Gina

Comment

That's a lot of snow for this late in the year!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

wow so much snow,
        don't you just love that your yard looks as tidy as next doors lol

Comment

The first year we lived here (1978) we had a late spring storm of 15" of wet, heavy snow on May 5. The flowering trees all were blooming then. It was one of the rare times the IBM plant site was closed. There was no way we could get our cars out of the driveway. We were a long time getting shoveled out from that one. It's been known to snow here even in June. (Rarely) It's supposed to be in the 60's by the first of next week, so this will melt away soon.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. It looks beautiful but I’m glad it’s not here.

Comment

We only got about 1" and that was enough. If we got that much I think I would hibernate till June. LOL!!
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That is a lot of snow for even those of us in Canadian North, but hey, my mom reminds me that when I did my first communion in 1961-62, there was a storm on May 11 and we had a foot of snow. My dad had to carry me across the street to the church. It's not unusal to see some flurries in May, but I'd rather skip it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

How pretty. I love your weather vane. I took some liberties 😁

weather vane (2).jpg
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, that's nice. I like what you did. The tree directly behind it is one of two crab apple trees in the back yard. They're just getting ready to bud. I'm hoping the 16 deg. temps. predicted for tonight won't damage them. All the spring flowers & perennials are buried under snow. They should be okay. The climbing rose bush on the S. side of the house was bent over with snow. I knocked off the snow with the broom this a.m.The news tonight reported the heaviest snowfall was in Jamestown, a small mountain community. They got 2 ft. of snow!

Joy what adorable photos, for me they are authentic postcards of countries far away, because in my country it is very difficult to see the snow, but for you it is a bit annoying for your daily life and I understand that you want to see the sun and spring, I hope it will come soon and enjoy it

Comment

That is a lot of snow, but the pictures make it look so pretty. Thanks for sharing, take care.

Comment

Working...
                    X