Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red-necked Night Owl

Literally.
    I have spent part of the last few days out in the gardens. It has finally gotten warm enough to work out there without a sweatshirt. Apparently the hood on my sweatshirt has kept the back of my neck from getting too much sun. The t-shirt, not so much protection! It's a bit red and stings!
    The good news is that the gardens are almost done with their major weeding for the year. Eric built a cold frame and we have some more veggie seeds started in there. I have 4 sets of bean/pea frames set up. I will need to get the trellises stretched for the peas to climb. Tomorrow I'll stick the zucchini, yellow crookneck, and pumpkins in to sprout. I have some flowers I'd like to start as well, but the first priority is the veggies. I will also dig the wall-o-water dealies out of the shed, check for leaks, and get them set to start warming so we can put the tomato and pepper starts in there.

I have several more masks to make. I am using the Olson pattern to make mine.
    https://www.unitypoint.org/filesimag...structions.pdf
    I like the way it fits, there are 3 sizes available. It can be made with elastic and/or ties. I used a couple of small darts to shape it even better to my face. I have had several people ask for some. I'm not very fast with making them right now as I'm spending more time outside in the garden right now.

I have to say, I'm not sure if I could manage the "Stay Home, Stay Safe" mandate if I could not get outside in my own yard. I think of all of the people in apartments or in the cities with no significant yard space. Our little farm is more of a blessing than I could ever imagine. I find that spending time in the barn, gardens, etc. is a great way to let go of some of the stress of this situation.

I'm going to go find some Noxzema for my sunburn and go cut out some more masks.
    I thought I'd check in to see if there were any other night owls hanging out in the neighborhood!

Hugs! Cathy

Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

We still have snow on the ground so no outside work until it warms up again.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
      Literally.
      I have spent part of the last few days out in the gardens. It has finally gotten warm enough to work out there without a sweatshirt. Apparently the hood on my sweatshirt has kept the back of my neck from getting too much sun. The t-shirt, not so much protection! It's a bit red and stings!
      The good news is that the gardens are almost done with their major weeding for the year. Eric built a cold frame and we have some more veggie seeds started in there. I have 4 sets of bean/pea frames set up. I will need to get the trellises stretched for the peas to climb. Tomorrow I'll stick the zucchini, yellow crookneck, and pumpkins in to sprout. I have some flowers I'd like to start as well, but the first priority is the veggies. I will also dig the wall-o-water dealies out of the shed, check for leaks, and get them set to start warming so we can put the tomato and pepper starts in there.

I like the way it fits, there are 3 sizes available. It can be made with elastic and/or ties. I used a couple of small darts to shape it even better to my face. I have had several people ask for some. I'm not very fast with making them right now as I'm spending more time outside in the garden right now.

I have to say, I'm not sure if I could manage the "Stay Home, Stay Safe" mandate if I could not get outside in my own yard. I think of all of the people in apartments or in the cities with no significant yard space. Our little farm is more of a blessing than I could ever imagine. I find that spending time in the barn, gardens, etc. is a great way to let go of some of the stress of this situation.

I'm going to go find some Noxzema for my sunburn and go cut out some more masks.
      I thought I'd check in to see if there were any other night owls hanging out in the neighborhood!

Hugs! Cathy
      I truly agree with you. DD and I were talking about that the other day about how difficult it would be in NYC where going to the corner market to get grocerys and flowers etc is a normal daily routine in those tiny spaces with no real storage. Parks are their outdoor spaces but I don't think they'll let you take a shovel there. They must be miserable. I'm surprised there aren't riots in the streets already. No wonder people are trying to get on the beaches or go away .
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Although I sometimes think that living in part,ent would be less maintenance, i do appreciate our outdoor space and hope to remain here as long as we can. It s my saving grace to dig in the dirt.
        I think there may be some quasi-riots / protests already - saw something that happened in Michigan's Capitol on the news.

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that closeness is what has lead to the virus running rampant there, Italy, and other places that are so crowded.

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
      Literally.

Hugs! Cathy
      Cathy, put Milk of Magnesia on your burn. It makes it tan much faster and you will not peel. Trust me....it works!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• toggpine
        toggpine commented
        Editing a comment
        I know I have Noxzema, not so sure about MOM.
    Working...
    X