Our Guild Mtg. via Zoom & How Many Masks We've Made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Guild Mtg. via Zoom & How Many Masks We've Made

Our guild had its monthly mtg. tonight via Zoom. Wow, there were 67 of us! Three pages of photos! Some just had audio on their phones. How fun! People who have been making masks have been giving their total numbers to the president. As of today, we've made >5,000 masks which have gone to 49 of the 50 states. (People mail them to family, etc.) Only state missing is Hawaii. Many masks have been turned in to be donated locally. They have been donated to nursing homes, hospice, the women's safe shelter, the local YMCA, etc. The guild is providing interfacing for the "filter" in between the 2 layers of good quality cotton.

Our speaker was not able to be with us via Zoom. Some of our future speakers are being rescheduled for next year. One of the speakers was from VA & is not allowed to leave the state. Our July speaker still is planning to come. Our spring retreat is all but canceled. Hopefully the one in the fall still will happen. Also our Oct. annual quilt show. So many events hinge on when the pandemic is over & we can once again gather socially.

WOW WOW WOW.....what great folks you all are.
    Thank you for helping to keep us safe.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

That is terrific. Our guild is too large to hold a meeting ~ 250 members. We do have a Facebook page which members post. Our biennial May quilt show was cancelled, so next time is 2022. Meeting have been cancelled until the fall, when holding meetings will be reviewed.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Our guild is >300 members. Usually 100-150 attend the mtgs. Not everyone is tech savvy enough to participate in Zoom. I thought 67 was great participation.

Comment

Great job by your members on the masks. Another great job on working with new technology.

Comment

Joy I'm so glad you were able to get your new computer and all of that training before this all hit!

Marvelous work by your guild. It's amazing what a group of quilters can do when they put their minds to it!
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

The guild I belong is small enough, but many are older and don't have the access to technology to participate in Zoom. So, far, we had to cancel our 30th bi-annual quilt show in March, our general March guild meeting, our March guild board meeting and the same will transpire for April 2020. At this time, I'm not sure on whether will be able to have our final meeting for the year in May (with potluck dinner).
              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

We did zoom with four people on Monday, and that was confusing enough! I can't imagine having that many people in the group....
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                X