Body blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body blow

I have thought long and hard about posting this. To be honest I believe you must all be bored of the sagas from Daisy World. At first I thought I would send a personal email to Sandy and Jean and leave it at that but in the end decided to just post and be ****ed.

As you know Mr Daisy has been on a gradual return to work program. This week he is almost full time and was coping well. Then, today we received a phonecall from his consultant and ......... I can hardly type this........... his Lymphoma is back and this time in his neck.

We both feel like we have been hit by a truck and won't have any answers or information as to treatment for at least a week. He will stay at work as he is feeling well and it keeps his mind occupied. Once we know more decisions will be made. To be honest at the moment I feel so angry I can barely contain it. I allowed myself to believe .........and now..........grrrrrr. I wonder how we can go through this again and if we have time.

Which brings me to something I have said little about on the forum. Most of you know that I am a breast cancer survivor. What few of you know is that I had secondries in the bowel and liver. I decided some time ago not to have further treatment, that the 'window' I had was to be LIVED and not spent feeling awful and weak from chemo and radiotherepy. And with the help of those here I HAVE lived. You gave me strength at times when I felt it was all too much. You encouraged me in my quilting and creative work and I am so very greatful. My goal was to see Mr D through his illness and for him to be well again and I thought I had suceeded in that. Well now it looks like I am going to be needed a bit longer and I hope I can do that.

A few weeks ago my 'window' closed a little when a bone scan showed the cancer had spread but opened again a bit when I had a piece of bone from my arm removed and have been sewing in a plaster.....but sew i am and my rabbits are breeding and my easter quilts are almost there.

It will take a while to process today's news but no doubt I will and keep on keeping on. I don't know though how much I will be on the forum, I will lurk and continue to read your posts and admire your quilts but if I am not reponding, please don't think I don't care. I MUST continue to work, I will care for Mr D and I suspect that will take as much energy as I have.

Look after yourselves and as Blondie always says........ smile smile smile.
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Body blow

Thank you so much for your bravery in sharing this. I can not even imagine how you are feeling now but from your post you seem to have a terrific outlook. I am sending comforting mojo your way.

Comment

Sorry you've received this news. I understand why you keep so busy. I'm sure it helps take your mind off your troubles.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

My thoughts are with you and Mr. D as you go through this difficult time.
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Will be keeping you close in thought and prayer. ***HUGS*** for you and Mr. Daisy.
          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

My dear,

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. First of all thanks for sharing this with us and for beeing so brave. I can very understand that you want to enjoy the time you and your darling have together as much as possible under this circumstances. I cannot really help you, not with getting more healthy, but maybe with things bringing a smile an your face, bringing your thoughts on a good theme ... and don`t worry when not answering anything ... I think on you every day.
            Big hug
            Renate

Comment

Sorry about the bad news. I'm sure everyone here has you in their thoughts and prayers and will understand when you don't visit us often. But if you have times were you need to talk or you have the energy to celebrate the creations that we share, we will be thrilled to hear from you. Hugs.
              Bec

Comment

Well, that just sucks, on so many levels.

My mom took chemo for about a year and a half before she said enough. She was tired of feeling sick and tired all the time, and her reaction to chemo wasn't as bad as a lot of people. It just wore her out for 4 or 5 days out of each week and to her that wasn't much of a life. Her quality of life for her remaining time was much better. My dad, at 84, was diagnosed with leukemia. He chose not to have the treatment. I remember him calling me (since I am the only one that lived in a different state) and apologizing to me for not taking treatment. I stopped him and said "Quality if life is way more important than quantity at this point. I understand your decision completely."

It is times like these that make me question the higher powers. For this to happen to you and Mr. D, over and over, makes no sense.

The both of you are always in my thoughts, take care of each other.
                K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Ms Daisy you are both in my thoughts and prayers you my dear are an inspiration! I am always here for you and will have you in my heart waiting to see how you are...(((HUGS)))
                  These things, I warmly wish for you-
                  Someone to love, some work to do,
                  A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
                  And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
                  `*.¸.*´
                  ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                  (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
                  http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

With the battle against cancer behind you, and now in front of you again, you face it with bravery and grace. Your window analogy is a very good analogy, we do get windows of feeling well, being able to forget for a moment that cancer cells could be lurking somewhere, ready to return to haunt us. I am SO SORRY you have to face this horror again, and so soon. I appreciate the fact that you can share with us your very personal thoughts, struggles and cares. We offer our support and prayers to you both. Who knows where this road will lead. If bunny making and being. Back at work give you joy and a release from the worries about your health, then I say, do it! Enjoy every day as you want to live it. Pet the cats, create something beautiful, enjoy the beautiful countryside, and live each day with gusto. None of us are promised tomorrow, but we do have today. And you have your friends from all over the world, we've got your back, my dear friend.

Comment

I'm so, so sorry You and Mr. D will be in my thoughts and prayers.
                      Lori

Comment

The Stegers and Schmers continue to pray for you and Stewart. It breaks our hearts to hear this news for both of your healths. We wish you both strength and love.
                        sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

God My heart breaks for you and Mr Daisy. I just don't know if I could be as strong as you with all you have been through. I didn't know about your medical problems and wonder how you did what you did since I have been on this forum. I so looked forard to your stories. You made a lot of us here feel good reading your stories. I just wish all of us together could make you both well again.
                          May God give you the courage and strength in the hard times ahead. Everyone on this forum thinks the world of you and Mr Daisy and we are all praying for you both. Huge Hugs to you both. Ann
                          sigpic
                          Hugs Ann

Comment

My Dear Divine Daisy, My heart breaks for you. I certainly understand your decision not to pursue chemo. I watched my too young daughter go through six months of chemo, and I don't know if I could ever endure it.

You and Mr. Daisy will most defintitely be in my prayers.
                            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Daisy, you sound brave and stoic. What a horrible hand you and your beloved hubby have been dealt. I will keep both of you in my prayers as you both battle this horrible disease.

Enjoy every day, smile, laugh, make memories.
                              Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

Working...
                              X