Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A funny thing happened on the way to the dentist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny thing happened on the way to the dentist...

2020-04-13 (2).png

The traffic was awful. Almost made me late to my appointment!
    🌺 Lorie

I broke a tooth about 3 weeks ago and called the dentist office. They are open for emergencies only and will only repair my tooth when it starts to hurt. Thanks for the laugh.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      that seems like an emergency to me

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the chuckle. How lush & green are your surroundings!

I chipped the back of a lower tooth last week. I am afraid right now to go out to the dentist so I am just putting it off . It doesn't hurt but it is annoying

Comment

I also had a molar break. They gave me the "unless it hurts" line too. (New dentist because of new insurance.)
      When they called to postpone my appointment I had to explain that while that one didn't hurt, I was beginning to have what I suspected an abcess in a neighboring tooth. Apparently, an abcess gets an emergency appointment. They treated the abcessing tooth with a root canal, and at my insistence, ground down the sharp edge on the molar that broke. They didn't deal with that one though. They kept using the phrase, "which one is hurting?" I think that is the key phrase to get you an appointment.
      I have to say everything was extra clean, and everyone was as protected as possible.
      The dental assistant was pretty unhappy with the situation. She was concerned about becoming infected because she's working in people's faces all day. She was upset because she had lost so many hours because the office is only open 2 days a week. She also glad she still had a job. I'm not sure exactly how it all works, but it sounded like she wasn't eligible for financial help. She's not being able to work enough hours to pay the bills, but because she is still working some, she can't get unemployment. That's crap. I'm sure she wouldn't have said so much about her situation, but I kept chattering at her while we were getting X-rays and setting stuff up for the root canal.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

that is a good excuse not to go to the Dentist if I ever saw one.!

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
          that is a good excuse not to go to the Dentist if I ever saw one.!
          We sat there for about 10 min while two patrol cars showed up and looked like "what the heck are we supposed to do"? This guy was so massive. My dd and I agreed that he was a stud. 🤣He had to have been. They got a wire fence down on some ones property (to the right). We drove by and looked like he was saying What's the problem. lol

I have goats and a few horses at that corner sometimes, but I'm glad I was in a car this time.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
          X