Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Smile...

A smile during this trying time.
    It is my desire to entertain....not offend. I apologize if you’re offended.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    💫 Star lover

Thanks Starlover. We all need a chuckle these days. And why not spend more time sewing when we all seem to be in lockdown. It takes my mind off all my friends & family that I can’t spend time with right now.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

"That's because I ran out of Swifter Dusters, so I just slid around the room in my socks!"

Comment

• Vonnie
        Vonnie commented
        Editing a comment
        Good one, I will have to remember that one!

YOU ARE BACK!! Thank you for the smile. We ALL need a little humour in these most difficult times. Keep them coming please!!
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome back Anita. Missed your dailies. DH loves By the Yard. - he loves his trains and quilting, just as much as I love wuilting.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Here's another "Smile"

Borrow The Dog

A woman was leaving a 7-11 store with her morning coffee when she noticed a most
          unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.

A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet behind.
          Behind the second hearse was a woman walking a pit bull dog on a leash.
          Behind her, there were 200 women walking single file.

The woman couldn't stand the curiosity. She respectfully approached the woman walking the dog and said,
          "I am so sorry for your loss, and I know now is a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"

The woman replied, "Well, that first hearse is for my husband." "What happened to him?"
          The woman replied, "My dog attacked and killed him."

She inquired further, "Well, who is in the second hearse?" The woman answered,
          "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my husband when the dog turned on her."

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passes between the two women.
          "Can I borrow your dog?" She replied "Get in line."

Kathryn
          There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• grammaterry
            grammaterry commented
            Editing a comment
            glad your sense of humor is still with you.

• geegeequilts
            geegeequilts commented
            Editing a comment
            Katie, I almost spilled my tea when I got to the end of your funny. You must've known my MIL. Gina

• Vonnie
            Vonnie commented
            Editing a comment
            My husband loved this one!

Originally posted by Star lover View Post
          A smile during this trying time.
          It is my desire to entertain....not offend. I apologize if you’re offended.
          Now, how could that offend anyone
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

• grammaterry
            grammaterry commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I for one am getting tired of stepping on egg shells for fear someone will be offended. I think we should just be "me" or "you" and for those who don't like it, do something else instead of asking me to do something else. I am genuinely a "nice " person who wouldn't intentionally hurt anyones feelings but with my since of humor still in tact, I think I should be "FREE" to express it even if someone doesn't think its funny.
            Years ago, DH and I were traveling in the midwest and watching a tv commercial on a hotel television. It was for Weaver chips if anyone is from there. and the line was "we don't stop for a dip in the road" I laughed. DH looked at me and grinned. I said, did you think that was funny (he's a true southerner( and he said, no but I think its funny that you did. (I'm a midwesterner) Our sense of whats funny and whats not is still different. He accusses me of being sarcastic, sometimes I think he's just dumb but we adjust and don't judge (at least not outloud)

• Vonnie
            Vonnie commented
            Editing a comment
            Anita, I'm so sorry someone did that to you. I always enjoyed your "smiles". If someone sends you a private message and it's not nice, let the moderators know. A private message is not really private.

• 201 Treadler
            201 Treadler commented
            Editing a comment
            Also have a strange sense of humour but also have a great respect for many who post their life and funnies, have enjoyed your smiles and have missed them, am sorry someone upset you, you were thinking of the greater good. feeling not welcome is not a nice thing. Am pleased you have ventured back.
            Am of the opinion these days if do not like what say, block me, there is a setting in your profile for that, but your missing out, not me.
            Lets be happy in these times, the forum is still here for us to enjoy, even in its new ways.😉

Anita, I have soooo missing your smiles!! Thanks for brightening my day! Hope you're doing great today. Gina

Comment

Thank you starlover, pay no attention to offenders, that's their problem. I needed a smile to be put on this face!
            Kathryn
            There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

I happened to love that! He should watch that rotary cutter though!!

Comment

Working...
              X