Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we Talk Netflix!

We haven't done this in awhile.

I'm dying to know if anyone has watched "The Platform" ? I still can't get it out of my head. I won't say what it's about.

Zombie suggestion: The Girl With All The Gifts Remember zombie movies are not about zombies. The ending is worth it.

Your turn!
    Last edited by Hulamoon; April 10, 2020, 07:19 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

I have not heard of it, but normally never watch Zombie stuff. I am presently working my way thru Lock and Key.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have been binging on "Haven" … I think it is based on a Stephen King book. People with gifts (aka curses).. refer to them as a "troubled".

Comment

Bonnie Hunter has put together an entire spreadsheet of binge-worthy shows....see the link in her Quiltville's Quips & Snips blog post on 4/10.
        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
          Bonnie Hunter has put together an entire spreadsheet of binge-worthy shows....see the link in her Quiltville's Quips & Snips blog post on 4/10.
          I don't want to know what Bonnie Hunter likes, I want to see what everyone here is watching.

So what are you watching?πŸ˜›
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• chelea
            chelea commented
            Editing a comment
            oh dear, my apologies! i was just trying to be helpful. btw, it's not what Bonnie is watching, but was compiled from us quilters. guess i'll go crawl under a rock and keep quiet.
            Last edited by chelea; April 11, 2020, 10:45 AM.

No Netflix.
          A lot of Discovery Channel, History, Food Network

I'm also watching a lot of Zoom meetings with elementary school children. They crack themselves up monkeying about on the screen. They often forget that there are other people watching them.
          I had better note that I'm a Special Ed Paraeducator and this is part of our distance learning. I don't want to sound like a creeper!
          Last edited by toggpine; April 11, 2020, 03:02 AM. Reason: Clarification
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Lol the only thing I watch consistently is 90 day finance before the 90 days. It's a gas!!! If you haven't seen it you should check it out. It's about Americans who meet foreigners online and visit them. If they click they have 90 days to get married to stay in the US.

Comment

• bubba
              bubba commented
              Editing a comment
              Dolores talked me into watching that last year. It's very addicting!

• toggpine
              toggpine commented
              Editing a comment
              Pat, you are one to talk! :p
              You got me to watch that show with the police wearing body cams. Now I can't remember what it is really called, which channel I accidentally surfed by when I found it, or what day/time it was on. It's like a unicorn, Nessie, or Sasquatch; I'm pretty sure I really saw it, but I can't seem to find it again.

The small TV in sewing room is not connected to cable or internet, but it does have a built-in DVD player. Yesterday, I watched concert of Il Divo, Ancora and Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts. We have a lot of DVDs, so I'm good for a long time. On other TVs we have cable but i prefer to be sewing.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Has anyone watched Unorthodox on Netflix ?

Comment

I watched the Platform. Can't think of anything else to say about it without giving anything away. Also watched Justine. It was worth it.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

Chelea, no I'm sorry. I didn't mean like it sounded either. I just never go to her site that was allπŸ™‚
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

• KarenC
                    KarenC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for clarifying. I thought the same as Chelea, but knew that was not your normal attitude. You have always been helpful.

I started watching Making the Cut but that is on Amazon. I can watch in on Alexa in my sewing room. How a designer who does not know how to sew got onto that show is beyond me.....
                  Last edited by bubba; April 11, 2020, 10:47 PM.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• toggpine
                    toggpine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wanted to watch that, but our internet bandwidth won't support streaming without horrendous buffering. Everybody is trying to work/school/entertain themselves out here and CenturyLink was crappy before that.

Originally posted by Patricia Drew View Post
                  Has anyone watched Unorthodox on Netflix ?
                  I did. I knew that world existed, but wow. If you didn't watch the 'Making of' the movie. Very insightful. On the same subject watch One of Us. Follows a real person. Another wow, really?
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Patricia Drew
                    Patricia Drew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree ... what an eye-opener !

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                  I watched the Platform. Can't think of anything else to say about it without giving anything away. Also watched Justine. It was worth it.
                  I told my dd's the same thing, I won't say what it's about. What a trip that was. Justine was such a sweet movie. Made me cry for happy.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Okay I have a new one. I think we are mostly from about the same era. A documentary on the disability act. I enjoyed it very much.

Crip Camp: A Disability Revolution

🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                    X