Got to love 6 year olds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to love 6 year olds

My sister is a bus driver in a rural area. Now, with school out she is delivering school lunches to the kids. One home has 5 kids and the youngest is 6 years old. When she delivered on Tuesday the little guy came out and said " Miss Jean, Miss Jean I just want to give you a hug so bad". The other 4 kids said they did too but knew that they couldn't get close to her. Well the little guy started to cry because he wanted a hug. My sister said to the kids, " Lets all close our eyes and I will count to 3 and then we will all give each other hugs in my minds". So, they all closed their eyes and she counted to 3 and then opened her eyes the little guy had this amazing look on his face and he said in a very soft voice, "O, Miss Jean, I felt your hug in my heart".
    Miss Jean had to turn away as tears were running down her cheeks. Then she said, "So did I"

Aww...this made me teary too. Sounds like Miss Jean is a lucky lady.

Comment

Children have this amazing talent for touching our hearts just right when it's needed so bad!

Comment

What a precious story! Schools buses in the Denver Metro area also are delivering food to low income families who really depend on the school breakfast & lunch programs.

Comment

• grammaterry
          grammaterry commented
          Editing a comment
          Here as well Joy. About two weeks ago DH and I saw the deliveries as we were behind the bus and couldn't pass so we saw all the stops. We were sure there was a more economical and efficient way to do this however rather than stopping at each rural driveway in a really big bus. Oh well, I'm glad the kids aren't hungry. But are we really teaching the right message...you know...give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish....anyway
      Working...
      X