Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Toni, I'm happy to see that you will be on your way home. Safe drive. Happy Easter.

• NoOn49
    replied
    hello all,
    Went out to deliver the face masks to family and friends. When I was sewing them up was just emotional, not only the physical sewing just hoping and praying these will protect loved ones here. came home tonight with a stress headache and hit the munchies, ended up with chocolate and tea. I think I gained some pounds. We had a cold, windy and snowy day here today. the wind blew down the road sign that says bumpy road, its lying flat on its back. thanks for listening. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    I saw a tutorial where you can use a bias tape maker to do the strings. If you have one. I don't ...I thought I had everything lol

• LauraP
    commented on 's reply
    I had a picture of Monique and Suzanne on opposite sides of the line with a remote control car. They could tape the package on type and send it across. Funny picture

• LauraP
    commented on 's reply
    It will be interesting to see what happens to all those masks when the pandemic eases.

• KarenC
    replied
    This work week is finally over. I don't understand how things can be so calm in the morning, and explode in the afternoon when you are trying to sign off. It's cooling off today. The rain hit a few minutes ago, but it's already stopped. It's supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday. I haven't had time to sew masks thus far, but think I may try to do some this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats Toni! Hope you have a safe trip to the new home.

• KarenC
    commented on 's reply
    I saw this on the news last night and was flabbergasted. I can't believe they didn't postpone it.

• GuitarGramma
    replied
    The movers are here today. We will clean the house through the weekend, as we really didn't want to drive on Good Friday or Easter. We head to our new house on Monday!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    I saw that while watching US news. This is inhumane and strategic for an unfair election. Sad to see this in a democracy. I certainly hope that more people were not exposed to the virus.

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    IMO, they should have done mail in ballots or delayed the election. We have voted by mail in ballot for many years.

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    Yes Joy it will be delivered to my home/mail box.

• 201 Treadler
    replied
    that is some interesting 😬 sheltering policy, during this crazy time.

today sew all my off cut fabric back together that had used for another project, and re cut for unity, I use it all. himself spent most of day on bed, the purrs woke him every 2 hours during night, mischief rattled anything he could, lets just say, the bedroom has been removed of any rattly things, but that does not mean mischief will be defeated, nope he hunts round the home and carries items in to rattle, it is my main reason do not use pins.

made a chocolate cake to night finishing off the yokes, himself got carried away cutting last one. it took 2 hours to bake, should only take 45 minutes.

last night had toast and marmalade, it was a round loaf, so himself asked how did you get it in the toaster, its one of the many questions now a days, in reply said we cut the centre out didn't we? then to get in toaster cut it in half like a half moon, he seemed happy with that.
    have a great evening
    T

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Good afternoon! After 2 beautiful days in the 50's today it is only about 30 and the wind is bitter, and it is snowing. So much for spring. I worked on a quilt almost all day so just put it away. Lots of hq and I only have 2 rows done, with 6 more to go, but with the shelter in place I am glad to have a big project to work on every day.

Now I know we have rules here of no politics, but I hope I can get away with saying this. I am in Wisconsin where we have a shelter in place order from the Gov. Me, my family and just about everyone we know have been sticking to the rules and strictly adhering to social distancing, wearing masks when we go out. I live in Milwaukee, the biggest city in the state. On Tues we had our primary election. We voted absentee but thousands of people had to go in person to vote. Only 5 polling places were open instead of the normal 180, for a pop of 600,000. Well people in Milwaukee are hopping mad bc the Supreme Court refused to postpone the election to June like the Gov wanted. Now we are all scared that all our shelter at home time will be for nothing. We wonder if there is going to be a big spike in virus cases in about two weeks because of the election. Will we need to shelter for another month if there is a setback? Everyone was worried enough before this latest development. Thank you for letting me vent, and Karen I am sorry if I pushed the envelope by bringing this up.

Leave a comment:

• CraftyJnet
    replied
    Good afternoon everyone! All I can do is sew masks. As soon as I think I'm done another request comes in. I'm grateful that I have the time and materials needed to sew them for friends and family and neighbors.
    Have a good day!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X