Distance Learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance Learning

DD the Kindergarten teacher also teaches 3rd grade. As is true of the rest of the country, our schools have been closed for the past three weeks; happily, because we are a small, church-run school with multi-level classes, our students are taught both by on-site teachers and via DVD from the company that publishes the curriculum we use. The benefit is that each student has the ability to log in to the curriculum company's website and still view the videos from home, so they are mostly able to keep up with their work. Meanwhile, for both Kindergarten and 3rd grade, DD has set up Zoom meetings with the children. It's been interesting, to say the least. Here's her latest report:

During my morning Zoom reading class with my 3rd graders, we were reviewing the Easter story. They all started changing their screen names repeatedly while they took turns reading aloud.

Some winners were:
    •Nicodemus
    •Mary MAGDALENE
    •Arimathaea
    •none of your business
    •Jesus
    •sepulchre
    •Rabboni
    •John Cena

Hope you're all staying safe and healthy, and that you've had a wonderful Passover.
    Blessings,
    ~ Sally \0/

Cute. Out of the mouths of babes.

Our schools closed the day following the announcement of pandemic by WHO. Luckily it was the start of March break and extended for 2 weeks. Closures have now been extended to end of school year. Children have been getting lessons prepared by teachers, and parents are now the teachers. Luckily my daughter's kids are younger, grade 1, pre-k and daycare. The middle child is sitting in on grade 1 classes, and youngest is sitting in. He may pick up something. Thankfully, he has always been a serious 3yr old, a thinker.

Daughter in law is high school teacher but doing lesson plans with the girls, grade 1 & 2. A new world. At same time, posting her lessons for her students.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

My daughter is in HS they started online Monday....while I was working I heard her Chinese class...dual credit. Was interesting to hear my daughter speak Chinese. I've never been able to get accents right to learn another language. She's the only non Chinese in the class I was proud she actually sounded great!

Comment

Working...
      X