what to do about birthdays of friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do about birthdays of friends

Have some birthdays coming up, with this covid-19 and the people are of all ages who have the birth day.
    Am worried about unintentionally passing the germ on,
    reading about germs possibly on parcels (msn), am at a loss what to do,
    do not have any emails for the people just postal addresses so that rules out online cards.
    any personally made gifts would mean a trip to post office, that is not classed as an needed journey.

If a letter or card could pass on covid -19 is it better to just wait till all this covid - 19 is over then to celebrate birthdays. with no risk to their health?
    feel so bad about all this.
    your thought are much appreciated.
    hugs
    T

Call them! Today is my DH's birthday, mine is next week. During this time of social isolation, a phone call hearing my family and friends voices and knowing that they are well would be the BEST Birthday gift I could ever hope to receive.

Comment

In Spain we have in quarantine since March 12 and we still do not know until when and in my family on March 15 my granddaughter turned 12 years old, then on the 22nd her father and tomorrow another of my granddaughters turns 14, and we ended on the 7th which is my DH birthday, as you see in this quarantine I have several birthdays and while we wait for all this to happen and we meet again and we can celebrate them, we do not want to stop celebrating that special day, so congratulations from all the family by whatsapp is the first thing in the morning and after eating it is the time for the cake and we all conect on the phones and sing the "Zorionak Zuri" or Happy Birthday and we get to be a bit inside the party. The gifts will come another day but that day it is so important to be all together even if it is virtually

Comment

Personally, I have been sending friends and family cards and letters. I figure that if they are concerned they will take the precautions at their end. That being said, everyone that I sent to so far has responded back and they all said how it was so nice of me to do that.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Our mail carrier picks up outgoing mail from our mailbox, so we don't have to make a trip to the PO. A pkg. is another thing. You'd have to go the the PO & maintain social distance from other people standing in line. You could always send them a check, or promise an IOU when the pandemic is over.

Many celebrations have been canceled or postponed due to C-19 -- weddings, funerals/memorial services, social gatherings, school parties/proms, school & professional sports, even family get-togethers like Sun. dinner at grandma's house, etc. Young people are being told to stay home & not get together with their friends to play video games, have sleep-overs, play basketball at the park, etc. Case in point, young people who went to Mexico on spring break. Several have since tested (+) for CV. People need to take this virus seriously & follow the guidelines.

Comment

Safety practices are in place at least in Canadian Post Offices to keep us protected and you protected. Today I handled the incoming parcels with gloves on. I would expect that the US is doing the same. Mail is coming, mail is going out.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by 201 Treadler View Post
            Have some birthdays coming up, with this covid-19 and the people are of all ages who have the birth day.
            Am worried about unintentionally passing the germ on,
            reading about germs possibly on parcels (msn), am at a loss what to do,
            do not have any emails for the people just postal addresses so that rules out online cards.
            any personally made gifts would mean a trip to post office, that is not classed as an needed journey.

If a letter or card could pass on covid -19 is it better to just wait till all this covid - 19 is over then to celebrate birthdays. with no risk to their health?
            feel so bad about all this.
            your thought are much appreciated.
            hugs
            T
            Haven't posted in some time. However, I use Jacquie Lawson e cards and Blue Mountain e cards. So many beautiful choices, so many, for family, friends, get well, sympathy, and for less than $20 a year for subscription, you can send as many cards as you like. You can personalize them with your own text and your own color of font, etc. All you need is your friend or family emails.
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              I keep forgetting about my Jacquie Lawson subscription. I need to do that more. We have had a host of family birthdays since C-19 was declared a pandemic, so just dropping off card. Get together this weekend will be on Zoom.
          Working...
          X