Thursday has come!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday has come!!

Good morning friends. I have slept in until 7 this morning. I did have help with that but I have been so tired lately. With this stress from the virus I guess my rosacea has reared up. I hadn't realized that until the other day. Otherwise all is good. I finally received rubber gloves yesterday. Apparently a shield is coming but this post office has a huge plastic already in place which is working great. I am finally caught up on the mail.

Our borders out of our province have now closed. So sad that it has to be like this but some people are not getting the message. We have a lot of cottagers in this area and they are not happy about it.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning, Monique and everyone,

Wow! No one else is here. I was awake at 4:30 this morning, and after lying there and trying to solve all the problems in the world, finally decided to get up at 5:30. We're in for a storm starting this morning and lasting until Friday around noon. 5-9 inches of snow are predicted. Winds will gust less than 30 mph, so that helps *a little*!! We often have winds of 40-45 mph during storms. Last night before going to bed it started to rain, so it might be icy under the coming snow. But I'm not going anywhere.

The saga of the kitchen redo continues. Countertops are all in, and when we went to put in the new sink, it was cracked in two places. So I called Menards, and they were having a replacement sent out to us. The first one came FedEx to our house, and I hope this one will be handled a little more gently! It's supposed to arrive at our house tomorrow, but with this weather coming, who knows? I told the guy at Menards it will be a while before we can return the damaged sink to the store due to the virus, and he was very understanding.

Every day it seems another state issues a "stay at home" order. MN has had one since last Saturday. I don't understand why every state doesn't have one in place. They say, "We only have a few cases, and 3 deaths, so we're fine. What!? They're putting their economies ahead of saving lives.

I baked two loaves of sour dough bread yesterday. I think sour dough toast will be great for breakfast. Have a safe day, everyone. Monique, stay safe at work.

Comment

Good Morning All,

We have a stay at home order going into effect tomorrow. It seems like I've been home forever already. Jim has a job interview online Friday, he's worried about that after Mike came home and said he has a card so he can drive to work. Mike said the payroll where he works is cut in half. Our neighbor is back to work, so he's only got 3 short days next week. That means I'll have long days next week.

I made 8 more scrub caps yesterday. Jim brought the kids by to see Gabby. She barks at him when he comes in the door, but keeps going back to the door hunting for the kids. She was thrilled with the three kids coming yesterday. She played with her toys with them for a few minutes. It was good to see them!

I have one piece of fabric ready to cut, and another ready to come out. I guess I'd better get started, if I'm going to have more caps for Morgan to take to work.

Stay safe. Have a wonderful day.
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our Zoom mtg. for BSF went well yest. There were 9 of us; two were on their phones--just audio, no pic. Between our Zoom mtg. & when I had to go to PT, I made 3 face masks. The first two were not usable. I wore the 3rd one to PT. (It was hot!) I plan to wear it when I go out for groc. today. It's been a week since I shopped. I hope I can find ground turkey for my turkey patties. I need 3 lb. for the batch. Most of what I need is produce & eggs.

The yeast I ordered from Amazon came. It's solid & hard as a rock! Obviously it's not loose granules. Very disappointed. I might have to break it apart with a hammer. Any suggestions on how to use this?

A friend from church, who used to be the church librarian, brought me a box of books 2 d. ago. It's a complete set of Annie's Attic Mystery Series (30), so I won't be running out of reading material any time soon.

When I checked in for PT yest., they asked me the usual questions, filled out a form, & took a temporal temp. I guess this must be the routine now any time one visits a medical facility. I will be able to do my PT in person at the gym with hands on work. I need to do a home program, too. We probably will switch to once/week sooner than otherwise because of C-19. The dr. ordered PT 2 xs/wk. x 4-6 wks.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy - in talking to relative and shortage of yeast, she said they use beer. So I'm going to google beer bread recipes.
          DH also loaded Zoom, and we will test before we have virtual family gathering for GD birthday.

• KarenC
          KarenC commented
          Editing a comment
          Can the yeast be grated? I'm no expert, just trying to think out of he box.

Good morning all,
        It's a sunny day, warming up to 8C / 40F. Yesterday is a bit of a blur, as we have been busy contacting a few more relatives and catching up with friends. Dwayne will be buried on Saturday with niece, her DH & son & reverend present. I finished writing the obituary, need to type and send to funeral home. I picked up 3 doz fresh eggs from my BFF, and dropped off 2 to my daughter. We visited from a distance from her door. I dropped off VQC quilt and showed her my mom's quilt that I finished. We reminisced as we remembered our last retreat at Waito, where I made the top. It's become our happy place to escape to, in this difficult time.

I forgot to mention yesterday what I am grateful for. So a double today. I am grateful for my husband, his wisdom, his caring nature, his gratefulness and his love. I am also grateful that DH's company was sold a few years ago, as a sale today would be highly unlikely in these economic times. This is one less worry for him.

Monique - please be careful as C-19 is now widely community spread. I am happy they have closed borders betwen us. I agree cottagers should be staying home, and not possibly burdening small local hospitals and locals resources. Stay safe, get some rest. Any news on Maizin's sister?

I am astounded that there is not a national stay at home order, with people still moving about and unbeknownst to them spreading the virus. We have not had anyone in our home for over 3 weeks, visits with family is from porches at 6-8' distance, stores for essentials only. I think our cleaning lady was surprised that she could not come. Really, she & family have been sick for over 2 weeks. Even if not virus, we are seniors and vulnerable. One of my GF's MIL was sick for few weeks, vomiting and loosing weight. Doctor suggested she get checked as she was probably dehydrated. While at hospital, she was tested for C19. She is positive without any symptoms, no fever, no cough and shortness of breath. She is 86 and lives with son & DIL. They also tested postive and now they are starting to have signs. So this is a PSA - many people are asymptomatic and when they tested everyone in one Asian country, 80% were asymptomatic. They were ok, but spreading it. Please friends, be careful. If you are a gambler, how lucky do you feel?

I will be making a sample for scrub hair cap for a GF's niece. Nurses with long hair find it easier, given they are wearing masks all the time. I think I found a clear video with good instructions, and will work on that today. I could kick myself for getting rid of scrubs patterns. Katrina - could you share how you make yours. Thanks

DH is stirring, so I can hop in the shower and start my day. Make it a safe one. Be careful with spring weather systems hitting part of the country.

9731 / 111

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning. I am happy to see the sunshine here again this morning. Yesterday was a good day. Did a bunch of cleaning, a bit of laundry, had a nice walk and got to see Kathryn and Henry when they dropped off groceries. I also worked on a project in my sewing room. I was starting to get that anxious feeling about mid-morning and I knew that I could work through it by keeping busy and not letting it wash over me.

Today I am grateful that, even though I can't hug them, I can see our kids and grandkids in person once in a while even if it's at a safe distance.

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe; stay healthy
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
          Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our Zoom mtg. for BSF went well yest. There were 9 of us; two were on their phones--just audio, no pic. Between our Zoom mtg. & when I had to go to PT, I made 3 face masks. The first two were not usable. I wore the 3rd one to PT. (It was hot!) I plan to wear it when I go out for groc. today. It's been a week since I shopped. I hope I can find ground turkey for my turkey patties. I need 3 lb. for the batch. Most of what I need is produce & eggs.

The yeast I ordered from Amazon came. It's solid & hard as a rock! Obviously it's not loose granules. Very disappointed. I might have to break it apart with a hammer. Any suggestions on how to use this?

A friend from church, who used to be the church librarian, brought me a box of books 2 d. ago. It's a complete set of Annie's Attic Mystery Series (30), so I won't be running out of reading material any time soon.

When I checked in for PT yest., they asked me the usual questions, filled out a form, & took a temporal temp. I guess this must be the routine now any time one visits a medical facility. I will be able to do my PT in person at the gym with hands on work. I need to do a home program, too. We probably will switch to once/week sooner than otherwise because of C-19. The dr. ordered PT 2 xs/wk. x 4-6 wks.

Oh Joy that is horrible about the yeast. I will see if I can find more here for you.

Comment

No current news on Maizyn's sister and Phil's girlfriend has taken a leave of absence as she has no caregiver for her son. I am very relieved for everyone.

Comment

Womens Scrub Cap (1).pdf

This is Denise Steinert's pattern, the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGE31e4Hu4&t=5s

It's really easy to make. One change that I made for Morgan. Instead of 3 inches of elastic, I put in 5". The cap with 3" of elastic was really snug on Morgan's head. With the shrinkage of cotton in the hot water and hot dryer, we decided to increase the elastic size so that would allow for the shrinkage of the cotton. The ties will allow the wearer to pull the cap tighter.

Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                Editing a comment
                That one looks easier than the one I have, but I will give them both a try. Thank you. God bless.

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                Suzanne, The thing that takes the longest for me is gathering the cap up. Mercy!

• MSN
                MSN commented
                Editing a comment
                Katrina, here is a tip for gathering. Rather than running a basting stitch, lay a length of dental floss along the seam line and zig-zag over it. Pull on the ends of the dental floss to gather.

Good morning, everyone!

It is a bright, sunny day here. I think the temp is supposed to be around 50. The forecasters are teasing us about a possible warm-up (60's) next week.

I have a web meeting in about a half an hour. If the one gal wants me to navigate (share my screen), I will need to move my sewing machine out of the way. I really need to figure out a set-up where my workstation and my sewing machine don't have to share space! I made a mask last night, but I'm not crazy about the fit. I don't have any interfacing. I ended up ordering a couple yards from Shabby Fabrics, JoAnn's had a 5 yd minimum purchase.

I need to go grocery shopping again today. I got the produce I needed at Fresh Thyme yesterday, but they did not have 1/2 gallons of milk. They did have it by the gallon; unfortunately, I can't drink that much. Several of the customers were wearing masks. The gal ahead of me in line was wearing two!

Time to take down the sewing machine and get some work done. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Morning all,
                A nice sunny day here I think I will sit out in the yard later and soak up some of the sun. I have only been in the store twice since March 13th, for some groceries since then have been getting them online or my family drops some off by the door for us. We have been out for a ride by the water twice but don't get out of the car. I've been staying in touch with friends by phone/ e-mail, reading, and sewing to pass the time. On days where it is overcast and gloomy it does get you down a bit, but this to shall pass. One good thing is traffic on our roads is down drastically.

Have been making masks and waiting for an order of elastic, hopefully it will arrive soon. Did a bit of a cleanup in the sewing room. I set a timer and when it goes off I walk away so the task doesn't get overwhelming. A little bit each day and it will be presentable again.

Not much newsworthy with me. I am off to the kitchen for a re-fill of coffee then on to start some household chores. Wishing everyone a good day and be safe.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Morning everyone,

It is a sunny day today and supposed to reach up into the 50's this afternoon. Still a little chilly to sit on the back patio and read, but we are supposed to get into the upper 60's in a couple of days. The whole state of PA is now under a "stay-at-home" order. Yesterday, I left the house to go to the post office. The post office in a nearby town has a drive-up window for stamps only. I bought a book of stamps, drove around to the parking lot and mailed the couple of items I needed to get in the mail. Then I took the long way back to my house . . . change of scenery was nice.

Last night I placed an order for groceries at one of my local grocery stores. The earliest date I could get was next Thursday, April 9. I was thinking maybe this weekend, but all time slots were taken. I am only low on a couple of items, but am trying to get ahead of the game, especially since there are so many items that are not available . . . I usually only get about half of the items I order. This order is the time I have ordered toilet paper and so far they say it is out of stock. But it shows up on the list every time. In fact, it is the only type of TP that is on the grocery site.

Well, I guess I can't put off a few cleaning chores any longer. I used to run the robot-vac when I would leave to go to my water aerobics class once a week. It is a little harder to run it now since I am not leaving the house very much because of social distancing. I guess I can shut myself in my sewing room for awhile and let it do its thing.

I have all the fabrics ready for the two reading pocket pillows I have been asked to make. I will choose my thread colors and cut out the pieces this afternoon and then get started. I also have those two baby quilts to quilt and bind, but I can't deliver them for awhile so I am not in any hurry . . . at least until the end of this month . . . probably longer though.

Have a great day and stay safe and healthy.

Nancy

Comment

Good Morning everyone,

It is a sunny day today and supposed to reach up into the 50's this afternoon. Still a little chilly to sit on the back patio and read, but we are supposed to get into the upper 60's in a couple of days. The whole state of PA is now under a "stay-at-home" order. Yesterday, I left the house to go to the post office. The post office in a nearby town has a drive-up window for stamps only. I bought a book of stamps, drove around to the parking lot and mailed the couple of items I needed to get in the mail. Then I took the long way back to my house . . . change of scenery was nice.

Last night I placed an order for groceries at one of my local grocery stores. The earliest date I could get was next Thursday, April 9. I was thinking maybe this weekend, but all time slots were taken. I am only low on a couple of items, but am trying to get ahead of the game, especially since there are so many items that are not available . . . I usually only get about half of the items I order. This order is the time I have ordered toilet paper and so far they say it is out of stock. But it shows up on the list every time. In fact, it is the only type of TP that is on the grocery site.

Well, I guess I can't put off a few cleaning chores any longer. I used to run the robot-vac when I would leave to go to my water aerobics class once a week. It is a little harder to run it now since I am not leaving the house very much because of social distancing. I guess I can shut myself in my sewing room for awhile and let it do its thing.

I have all the fabrics ready for the two reading pocket pillows I have been asked to make. I will choose my thread colors and cut out the pieces this afternoon and then get started. I also have those two baby quilts to quilt and bind, but I can't deliver them for awhile so I am not in any hurry . . . at least until the end of this month . . . probably longer though.

Have a great day and stay safe and healthy.

Nancy

Comment

Wow!!! How did that get posted 3 times? Have no idea what I did🤔

Nancy

Comment

Good morning. It is sunny and windy here. It was nice to have my DH here for a little while this morning. He had a to participate in a teleconference and then give a talk. My job was to keep the dogs quiet. After he left for the hospital, I walked the pug and did some other chores. I have not had to do all the cleaning of this house for 2 years. We did buy a robot- vac& mop for the kitchen. It does a good job.

I finished all big 16 in blocks for my quilt. Now to sew them all together. I ordered some more fabric so I can start another quilt for me. I found a pattern in the English magazine—Quilt Now.

Have a good day. Stay well.
                        Beth

Comment

Working...
                        X