Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlie Wolf
    replied
    I was just reading an article this evening on a WV coronavirus site I check in with daily. They apparently were open in a few areas in our State. Several cases of the virus cropped up in local towns and they are being cited as one of the sources of the contamination. Not everyone seems to be so sure but I thought the article was of interest..

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied
    I found the reasoning behind staying open. The founders have the same values as Chick-Fil-A. I won't say anything beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied
    Although I don't shop there often, I will continue to support our local HL when it re-opens. There are certain things that I can find there that no one else carries. One of our LQS is open limited hours. They are considered essential because they also have a machine & vacuum repair business. Another LQS (the one in Lyons) was deemed "non-essential" & had to close. I have never shopped at a Joann's. The closest one to me is 30 mi. away.

Leave a comment:

• TMP
    replied
    I am surprised to hear this about Hobby Lobby. I am glad I read this post because I had missed this in the news.. They have lost my business also.

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    I can see where businesses like Staples or Office Max are considered essential as they sell things needed for folks to set up their "work from home" technology. Plumbers, electricians, etc. could be available for emergency repairs, but non-emergent work should be temporarily suspended, IMHO.

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    Call in with curbside pickup limits exposure. Allowing customers to browse in the store is a LOT different.

• bubba
    replied
    I decided the other day that I won't cross their front door again. I find it pitiful.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Lady
    replied
    Just on the news: Colorado Attorney General sent a cease, desist letter to HL. They will not be open here tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied
    Never been a big HL fan...but I will NOT shop their again. Actually I will NOT do business with any company that is NOT essential, but claims that status to remain open during this pandemic. The only 'and businesses' that are essential, are those that sell food, prescriptions, gas, and maybe home supply stores. Those should only be open for call ahead orders to be picked up....not open for people to browse around in. I am fully expecting some grocers, including WM to go to online ordering, and pick up only (I heard that from an associate) They are getting tired of people bringing their entire families in shopping for everything from clothes to pool accessories, to toys. What part of how serious this is don't people get?

Leave a comment:

• sidesaddles
    commented on 's reply
    The one in my area is closed. If Joann's and other are open for call in orders, whats the difference.
    they are "open". Right?

• Bubby
    replied
    I will no longer do business with HL either.

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    replied
    I've never been a HL fan, but this greed and lack of responsibility cements it. I will never shop there again.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied
    Well, I couldn't tell you which stores in the Houston area or open or closed since I have been home. I watch snippits of the news, but reach my limits and just turn it off. Everyone has there own opinions, and that's what makes the world go round.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Lady
    replied
    HL was cited the other day by Denver. There is one open right by me. I made the decision that I will not longer do business with them. Their business is no more essential than Joanns and Michaels, both of which are closed.

Leave a comment:

• auntstuff
    replied
    Fairly new HL in my town. They just lost any business from me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X