Father-in-law is at peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father-in-law is at peace

Yesterday afternoon, my FIL took his last breath. He would have been 96 in June. Dwayne had another fall last week and was sent to ER. X-rays revealed multiple fractures of face, jaw, cuts. This was one of many falls in past year as he was getting weaker. He was sent back to his residence for care, as he was not expected to survive. With lockdowns in homes in KS he was allowed one visitor for compassionate reasons. DH niece and grand nephew spent time with him even though he was not responsive. He was deaf and suffered from diabetes, dementia for past five- six years, and didn't really remember family or events. We saw him last in 2018, when we disposed of family home.

We spoke to his niece, who was raised by him and MIL. We spent afternoon and evening contacting relatives in Kansas, Colorado and here. He will be buried, but there will be no gathering or celebration of life at this time. It is too risky as most who would travel are elderly. We will have to deal with the estate from a distance which will make things challenging for sure.

DH is a quiet person, and has been thinking a lot about his dad since his cousin in KS passed in February. I think in a way he is relieved as he is no longer suffering. I will help write the obituary.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Oh Suzanne, I am so sorry, condolences to you and your husband and families.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Suzanne, so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Suzanne, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a horrible time to not be able to be with family. Lifting prayers for you and yours.
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Suzanne ~ Thoughts & prayers for you & your family. God bless you all.

Comment

Suzanne, Your family will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Suzanne, I'm very sorry for your loss.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.
                  One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Suzanne, sorry for your DH and your loss. I understand how hard this is being so far away. We recently lost a SIL and she had no one there when her time came. Death is hard to bear in ordinary times, but this virus is adding so much more stress to the grieving process. Will pray for you and the whole family.
                    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                    Aesop

Comment

Suzanne,

I am sorry for your loss at this time and sending prayers for you and your family.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for the family.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss ... prayers being sent ... take care ...

Comment

Sending my sympathy to you and your DH. Losing someone is especially hard in these troubling times.

Comment

So sorry for the loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X