Social Distancing Guidelines Extended to April 30 :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Distancing Guidelines Extended to April 30 :(

I just read a clip from Fox News that at a news conference today the President extended the guidelines to April 30. The peak number of cases is expected in about 2 weeks or so. I knew his Easter projection was too soon & overly optimistic. So it looks like we're in this for the long haul. Keep the faith!

It's making it's way across the states, and even though Washington has been hit hard already, it will come again. If people would quit travelling...you know sneaking to other states in cars...that would help a lot!

I'm pretty sure I have enough fabric to make it thru!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

This is still overly optimistic. People need to get a grip on reality, this will probably still be hanging on over summer months. Our issue is that Canadians travel, travel a lot, everywhere around the world. Problem is, that news they receive where they have been has downplayed the seriousness of the virus, and have not been taking precautions while on vacation. Then they come home, and are bringing the virus home.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Funny, as I'm reading this there is a travel commercial on. ??? There sure are a lot of bozos out there.
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

More home time. My son went for groceries at Wal-mart and saw families shopping. kids touching everything.

Comment

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment
            They should not even be allowing kids in stores right now for just this reason.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you Barb. What is wrong with these people? I haven't seen any kids playing outside or in store since the weekend before it was declared a pandemic.

• sydneybean
            sydneybean commented
            Editing a comment
            I just read that Costco is limiting to only 2 people per card membership into the store. I saw people the other day at Walmart with their kids. Yes, and letting them touch everything although the mother had on gloves.

You know, without rules, we have anarchy. Rules protect us all.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

The president doesn't have the power to pick a date. It's the governors of each state that have the power.
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Hmmm,. i'm not sure it should be a State decision. hopefully everyone will do what is necessary and not too many more cases will happen. keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
                Hmmm,. i'm not sure it should be a State decision. hopefully everyone will do what is necessary and not too many more cases will happen. keeping fingers crossed.
                I remember way back when I was growing up in NJ as summer holidays came up ( I lived right on the shore) the coastal towns never had a shark problem. Well maybe Baby Shark but never never Papa Shark or Momma Shark Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do. That was generally left up to the Mayors.
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• chelea
                  chelea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you had to mention Baby Shark....do do do do do do do

• auntstuff
                  auntstuff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But that did not involve the whole state

It's my understanding that the President's directives over rule the individual state's restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                  It's my understanding that the President's directives over rule the individual state's restrictions.
                  https://www.answers.com/Q/Can_the_pr...ernor_decision

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post

I remember way back when I was growing up in NJ as summer holidays came up ( I lived right on the shore) the coastal towns never had a shark problem. Well maybe Baby Shark but never never Papa Shark or Momma Shark Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do. That was generally left up to the Mayors.
                    🤣 Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do

Comment

Oh my , I"m glad I'm not a politician. Good luck to them all and us too.

Comment

30th April not to bad.
                        Those who are high risk are self isolating for 12 weeks in UK.
                        The longer we stay away from each other now, the sooner this horrible virus disappears.

Comment

I really thought this isolation would last into June.

Jeannette

Comment

• MSN
                            MSN commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It still could. I believe that the governor of West Virginia ordered residents to stay home until June 10. Our current orders could be extended. As Dr. Fauci said, the virus determines the timetable.
                        Working...
                        X