• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use Instacart?

They might go on strike this Monday.
    Lorie

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    They might go on strike this Monday.
    Really? My oldest grandgirl works for them, but I've not heard anything.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post

Really? My oldest grandgirl works for them, but I've not heard anything.
      I should of gave the link.
      https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...cid=spartanntp
      Lorie

Comment

• bubba
        bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        This is crazy. Instacart workers, like Uber, Door Dash, and all others are private contractors. They are not employees of the companies, they merely do deliveries for them at an agreed upon amount of money. I can almost guarantee that not all of them are going on 'strike', because for some, that is their only source of income. No company is entitled to pay sick leave to a contractor.

To top it off, they are not in a union, so basically, they are screwing themselves if they take part in this.

I don't use Instacart Lori, but thanks for the info!
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I use them quite often! I understand, but man, they'll probably be inundated today and tomorrow! I guess Mike's going to have to take me to the grocery store.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

This is crazy. Instacart workers, like Uber, Door Dash, and all others are private contractors. They are not employees of the companies, they merely do deliveries for them at an agreed upon amount of money. I can almost guarantee that not all of them are going on 'strike', because for some, that is their only source of income. No company is entitled to pay sick leave to a contractor.
          To top it off, they are not in a union, so basically, they are screwing themselves if they take part in this.

So in short your saying, fine if you don't want to work we'll find someone that does.

I tried to order last Sat, not to stock up, but I wanted some cream. lol You need to order so much, so I just added things I normally get. It went the full day with updates and finally not coming. I just waited until Monday. My regular guy came and said he didn't work that day, but the week before was bare. On Monday I only got three substitutions. Seemed normal to me except him asking if I wanted him to stay back from the house. He usually puts my goods on the kitchen floor.

I don't think this little island would go on strike. The tourists are gone and they will want as many hours they can get I'm thinking. I have been using them for about a year and see the same three people and mostly one lately and we talk quite a bit when he comes. I was going to ask him to bring his dog up to the porch next time. I miss having a dog.
          Lorie

Comment

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment
            That is correct. If one won't work, there are three more that will. Other Uber Eats drivers were always trying to initiate a strike over one thing or the other. It will never happen. Too many people depend on the $$.

Never heard of Instacart. I had to look it up to see what it was. I have never ordered groc. on line.

Comment

• JulieC
            JulieC commented
            Editing a comment
            I had never heard of them, either.

I've not heard of them either ,. STill looking for groceries. the one nearest me couldn't fill my order, only had two items. i cancelled. Now must go to Wal-mart where I don't want to go.

Comment

• auntstuff
            auntstuff commented
            Editing a comment
            Walmart will shop for you and meet you at the curb.

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            our Walmart isn't a super one and doesn't have that service.

Instacart must be thinking their workers will strike, because they're looking for new hires. The article gave a huge number, I wonder if Instacart is world wide or just in the States?

It could also be there are a large number of people signing up for the service, too.

Either way, this too shall pass.
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Instacart isn't that old, only about seven years. I'm going on one, because I stopped driving after I got out of the hospital. It was a start up out of someone's house much like other tech companies. Seems they can unionize

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instacart
            Lorie

Comment

Working...
            X