Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarGramma
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the Craigslist and Facebook ideas. We had planned to have a one-day garage sale, but that's not allowed in these days of shelter in place. We hesitate to advertise an "It's All Free / Come and Get It" event for fear that the authorities will show up and charge every taker with a misdemeanor. I've already heard of a local who was cited for going fishing. That's wrong on so many levels! He was practicing social distancing AND obtaining food. These are scary times.

I do have good news, however. Our wonderful neighbors contacted a friend of theirs who owns a huge trailer. Their friend is offering to load all our "donatables" onto his trailer and then take them Goodwill on our behalf once the quarantine is lifted. We have wonderful neighbors! I'm really going to hate leaving them.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Our neighbourhood also has FaceBoook Buy Nothing group, but due to the virus, they are not recommending giving/taking things, just offers of service.

• Claire Hallman
    commented on 's reply
    Our neighborhood has a facebook group and pieces of furniture are often offered for free pick up. I think things rarely last long without a taker.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Wise decision to stay away from work. Physical distancing from people is a good defence, especially for at risk people.
    I chuckled when I hear that you are putting in motion sensor faucet. My daughter and many friends have them. They call them the ghosts. Every so often they just turn on for no reason. Make sure you never leave plug in sink, and especially if you have cats.

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    Hope your birthday was fabulous. That dessert sounds amazing!

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Happy Birthday & many more!

• JCY
    commented on 's reply
    Can you sell your furniture on Craig's list or Facebook? It would be such a waste to send it to the dump!

• GuitarGramma
    replied
    I'm happy to be healthy. It's been ten days since I was on an airplane, and most cases manifest within seven days, so I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

Due to the strict measures by the California governor, both we and our buyers have grown worried that the entire world of real estate will shut down. So by mutual agreement, we are closing escrow on Tuesday and DH & I will rent back from them through the middle of April. We are packing furiously!

It turns out that all Goodwill donation centers—and any similar centers—have been deemed non-essential and are shut down. We are moving into a home 1/3 the size of our current home, so we have a lot of furniture we had hoped to donate away. We contacted a junk hauler with whom we've worked before who also refurbishes and recycles. He let us know that he can haul our goods to the dump, but he can no longer refurbish and recycle. It is really hard to think about our furniture just getting thrown away, but such are the times in which we live.

It sounds like everyone on the forum remains healthy. I'm glad to see this. Blessings to you all!

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied
    Hello friends,
    We have had another sunny day, so been opening curtains allowing the solar heat to come in, perhaps did a bit of sun worshipping too while inside today, we have a cooling breeze. both boys have been enjoying the sun too. Saw a butterfly flutter past swooping and landing bathing in the sunshine.
    Was sewing masks yesterday, cut with the 1.5 inch strippers die 36 wof, joined strips together then popped through a binder tool to iron, folded over binding sewn with one line of stitches to make ties.
    been cutting strips of fabric to the depth then do a rolled hem on top edges of the strips of fabric, cutting one strip into rectangles lay on good side to good side on other uncut strip, sew round leaving a gap on rolled hem side, turned out press create tucks press sew then finally add the ties, tuck ends in pocket. will keep making till run out of fabric.
    had to learn how to use the presser foot to do rolled hems, am sure the users will not mind slightly wonky seaming, but its great practice 😁
    watched the bbc news, then watched sky news with the gentleman speaking in a large room about the latest USA figures,
    its very scary to learn there have been 91026 people in USA as of 9 am this morning, please stay home folks, kinda like you all being around 😊.

Watched knight rider it is great all these 80's shows being repeated, wonder if kit spurred on the technology for the sat nav, alternative fuelled cars, computer driven cars, am not sure if want the leaping ability just yet, lol. now wonder if can get a red strobe light for the bicycle😂
    have fun in what ever you do today,
    just doing one thing, makes the day count, that include just making a cuppa!
    hugs
    T

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    I feel better today because I go some good sleep last night and Jeff let me sleep late.

Jeff drove me to the hospital in Houston (Missouri) and I turned in the rest of the fabric face masks I made. I made 125 masks total and gave a few to people I know who need them and would never be able to get one. This big drop off wouldn't have been possible except for Marcia (MHG Winnower) who generously shared her elastic with me. Forum friends are the BEST!

We had a beautiful warm day yesterday but its gloomy today though it's not cold. Jeff is working on the floorboards of our big trailer today.

Myrna, glad you got your errands done. I feel like mine are done now, too.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CraftyJnet
    commented on 's reply
    Happy Birthday!!!

• Bubby
    replied
    Originally posted by chelea View Post
    Today is my birthday. Hubs made an early run to our favorite bakery and got me a Bailey's Irish Cream zeppole which will serve as a birthday cake. It's going to be in the 60's and sunny so I'll be outside in the garden; a perfect day in my book. Daffodils are blooming and the flower beds need sprucing up. Maybe a hike at the monastery this afternoon.
    Work on the pinwheels quilt continues. I've been praying for all our health care workers and first responders. Have a peaceful day.
    Happy Birthday to you, Michele! Enjoy your special day and the warm weather.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    commented on 's reply
    Happy birthday ;-)

• geegeequilts
    commented on 's reply
    Enjoy your birthday cake! Gina

• 201 Treadler
    commented on 's reply
    this may interest regarding moles, the bonus are the flowers :-) https://moleadvice.wixsite.com/human...an-repel-moles
Working...
X