How are you all doing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you all doing ?

Here in the part of Sweden where I live it is not yet so bad. My company is very proactive in taking steps to keep both personal and customer healthy.
    I am preparing to be able to work from home if/when it comes to that.

I hope that you all are safe and healthy.

I have prepping quilt stuff so there will be lots of quilting possibilities to.

Stay safe and healty

Love

Annika

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

And the same to you!!!! This too shall pass....

Comment

I am doing okay and dh also. His cancer is in remission but he is high risk. We hardly leave the house but I need to venture out today for prescription refill and need more hand soap. Cannot find fever thermometer anywhere so will look again when I am out. I am a little stressed out though. One of our grown daughters lives with us and she works at Amazon where they have about 1,000 workers on per shift and I am scared she will bring the virus home. She has always seemed to catch colds and sore throats quite easily so I am worried. We are trying to self protect as much as possible and hope for the best. This is going to be a long spring and maybe summer for everyone in the U.S. despite what Trump has said about wanting everyone to return to work by Easter.

Comment

To be honest, not very well. I have been at home without going out since the 9th...when it first got here in the next county. Because my lungs are so fragile, I have not been able to be with my daughter or grand kids. I am used to seeing them almost daily, and having Gabe here quite often. DD is still working in the public, she is the GM of one of our local McDonalds. I was thankful when they went to drive through only. They spent a week of doing carry out, which was quite stressful. DH is going out, only when absolutely necessary. I was pretty well stocked on most things before people went crazy hoarding up everything they could get their hands on. I know that this will not just be a short time for me...because I am so high risk....but I am hanging on to my sanity for the time being, and sewing masks for local healthcare, and nursing homes, and the people that work our food bank....and anyone else that feels safer having one.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Annika- You are so nice to ask. My DH is working from home now so I actually see more of him. It's frustrating to try to get grocery store deliveries in our area. My DH has been going to the pharmacy for us and picking up odds and ends at the store at the same time. We still can't find toilet paper or paper towels to buy. We are very fortunate that neither of us has caught the virus. I'm glad your company is so proactive. Yes we have our quilting to do, thank goodness.

Jeannette

Comment

I wish I could sit and sew all day but the post office is an essential service and they are short staffed right now. We are trying hard to keep everyone safe.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hi Annika. Thanks for asking this.
              At first, I found it hard to concentrate as I worried about family and friends and stressed about how fast things were changing. My biggest worry is my daughter who has compromised immune system and shares a place with 2 others.
              DH and I are both retired so we could stay home. I always kept in touch with others through email so nothing changed there.

I have now come to a level of acceptance that lets me adapt somewhat. Because I can't go to stores and restaurants so often, I have stopped eating junk food and have a solid evening meal every day. I don't expect visitors, so I go longer without washing my hair or dressing up. I live in PJ outfits. I have organized all my batting pieces and joined backing pieces into quilt size pieces. Yesterday, I cleaned my sewing room...OMG..that was a marathon! It hasn't been done for ages. Today, I am going to get a start on cleaning my kitchen cabinets, washing all the dishes and other items. I have changed into a completely different person, lol, but It helps me to stop dwelling on the negatives and helps me sleep better. DH wants me to start on an exercise program....think that may be asking a bit too much.

Stay safe everyone.
              Last edited by sew-what2015; March 27th, 2020, 04:56 AM.

Comment

We are pretty much going on as usual, DH goes to work each day and I am home, I try to get out 2-3 times a day for a long walk and spend a lot of time quilting.

I hear of many people being so stressed out and getting depressed. I pray that they find peace. I do really wish the news and CDC would try to show some of the more positive stats, like how many of the confirmed cases have recovered, not just the death toll. They are just scaring people leaving this info out.
                One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

For me, life hasn't changed much since I'm such a home body since I retired. I do miss my sewing groups and going out to dinner and shopping. We've been walking a lot. It's been very difficult for hubs. He retired last summer and has his routine of meeting friends at the coffee shop, golfing, karate classes and hockey...all that came to an abrupt stop. Thankfully the weather is warming up and there's yard work to be done. He has a vegetable garden too. We try to count our blessings and remind ourselves of how much we have vs. what we're giving up. The numbers are sobering but we do find ourselves checking every day on this website, which does give the number of cases recovered: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
                  Stay well Annika. Hope you and your family stay safe.
                  Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Take care Annika and hope that measures are put in place quickly if it starts popping up in your area. Social distancing and exceptional hand hygiene are essential. Be prepared, as you have the knowledge of what has happened around the world.

We have been isolating pretty much since pandemic was announced, and I must say at least a week before, I started getting prepared and stocking our pantry. What has changed is that I can't visit mom in nursing home, and getting her to pick up phone is a challenge. Grandkids, we saw infrequently, but we talk more.

We don't eat out as much, don't get together with friends, but there is more texting, emails and phone calls. Socializing in new ways.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

you know, all workers should have good masks and gloves on too. I want them safe too, not just working to make me happy. i want everyone safe. My grocery order was cut down to two items. i ended up cancelling it!

Comment

Different experiences depending where you live in the country, although we are all in this together.
                        My husband and I only go out for walks. My daughter in law is due with her 1st child in July. She works from home
                        but her husband (my son) does not. My other son works long hours at a board and care home for mentally challenged
                        men. No one can leave the home so it has been quite stressful. My mother in law lives in a care facility but no one can visit.
                        Yet we all live our lives day by day, and trust in the Lord. So thankful I have loved ones, food and shelter.

Comment

I work in health care. We have patients with confirmed COVID-19 in our facility. We are running low on sanitizing wipes. N-95 masks are restricted. As our state goes into "lockdown" for two weeks, we are waiting for the "stuff" to hit the fan. The tsunami of patients will hit here just as surely as it did in Italy and New York. Right now, it's the calm before the storm. We are all nervous about what is coming.

However, folks are trying to maintain a sense of humor. As I left the hospital today, I saw this posted outside the research offices. Be sure to read the nomination for employee of the month.

fullsizeoutput_2a01.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                          X