Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things I'm finding out about myself during Social Distancing/Stay At Home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I'm finding out about myself during Social Distancing/Stay At Home.

I have said I don't keep my house as neat as I could because I'm busy and not home that much. Well I'm home now except for work (where I work is an essential service, we support banking) and I'm not cleaning house any more than I did. LOL

Anyone else finding things you've said are being disproved during this time?

Everyday this week I've said I'm going to clean my sewing room it hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will be much cleaner next week! LOL
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      I got one corner of my sewing room straightened up!!

No, not much. Still retired. LOL
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

• auntstuff
      auntstuff commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, me too, and pretty much a hermit anyway.

So far just getting confirmation of things I already knew about myself...
    1. I don't think I'll enjoy retirement
    2. If my house is messy it isn't because I don't have time, it's because I'd rather do almost anything else besides housework
    3. I really hate mowing the yard, I'll do housework first.

Comment

I have less inclination to get up and get moving in the morning. If it wasn't for Gabby, I'd probably still be lounging around.... lol, who am I kidding, I'm still lounging around. I've started dinner and come back in here.
      Katrina

โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€
      โ€• Maya Angelou

Comment

My husband and I are retired so our work schedule is the same. I do find that it doesn't matter what I wear. I shower at
        odd times of the day. Haven't blow dried my hair in over a week. We are walking everyday. Have to be careful not to eat out of boredom.

Comment

Our life has not changed much with the "safer at home" mandate here in Wisconsin, I am retired and don't do much but go for a couple of walks each day. I was hoping that DH's job was not part of those designated as essential but I guess those fast food restaurants still need their napkins-I was hoping some of those honey do items could be knocked off my list, he now is working even more hours.
          One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

My life is pretty much the same too. The only concern is that I do my grocery shopping once a month since I get my social security check once a month. I've been doing that for years. Now I'm concerned with my next check coming in Apr 3 that with the social distancing and all that they will not let me get my normal monthly supply of things. If that's the case then rather than going out one time a month it would force me to make contact with people and germs 4 times a month. Not good as it's just starting to ramp up in WV.

Some things I have noticed since social distancing is. 1. More spam phone calls as people work at home as do telemarketers. I guess they think if people are confined to their homes they'll want to talk to just about anyone! 2. Much less junk mail coming to my house the past two weeks. 3. Planes doing their chem trail runs are not being effected as they are still spraying all that cr#p all over us. I guess they don't have to worry about social distancing up there :-)
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels.
            When someone
            break's our wings
            we will continue to
            fly...usually on a
            broomstick.
            We're flexible like that.
            - embroitique

Comment

There is enough loose dog fur on the floor to make another dog. I dislike housework and would much rather sew masks. I'm not very fast but I managed to sew 20 yesterday. (I did not vacuum or dust though.)

Jeannette

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                Nwmnteacher commented
                Editing a comment
                Love your comment about the dog fur! I can relate.

Since this whole thing began I find it's harder for me to keep my focus. It does feel good to get something accomplished, so today my accomplishment was doing the laundry and making dog food for the freezer. Covid-19 and Jeff's retirement happened at the same time. So glad I have friends and family I can talk to on the phone.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Ditto on the phone contact, Barb. I'd rather be in my sewing room working on a baby quilt than cleaning the rest of my house. Boy, will the professional house cleaners be busy when the virus is gone! Great news on the home front...DH is able to work from home starting Monday!!!!!!.

So, take care, stay safe & stay busy. Gina

Comment

Nothing has changed for me but I worry for my kids. They are both in the hospitality biz and fortunately have been able to keep working for now. A cancelled wedding was a bit of a shock, but she's handling it well.
                  Lorie

Comment

Well maybe a few things have changed. Even though I am a slow riser, I'm rarely ever showered before noon on most days. Even in retirement, I have always put make-up on every day. Now, it's just moisturizer. If I have to go out, I might put on lipstick. I look quite different. I don't wash my hair every other day, sometimes 3-4 days, just like when I'm at retreat. I don't dress up as if I was getting together with people.

I am not stressed about projects with previous deadlines, I am procrastinating more. My assumption is that isolation will continue until at least end of June.

I do worry about my kids, grandkids, mom & father-in-law, but I know they are being smart and staying safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Not much has changed at our household since we both are retired. I still do all the usual cooking of DH's foods from scratch & bake his spelt bread. I can't find yeast anywhere! Maybe one of these days. I'm not out, but I don't want to run out either. I can't find Anasazi beans. The wholesaler is overwhelmed with orders & temp. not taking any on-line orders. Any time of the year I'd rather sew or read a book than clean house. I probably am spending more time on the web getting news updates & socializing. Thank goodness for this forum! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                        Simply Quilting commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Check with your local grocery store bakery. Our local grocery store bakery here is selling it to the public by the pound because they are still able to get stock. If you get where you need more yeast, let me know. I went to the local Mennonite store last week and was able to get several pounds plus flour.

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                      Not much has changed at our household since we both are retired. I still do all the usual cooking of DH's foods from scratch & bake his spelt bread. I can't find yeast anywhere! Maybe one of these days. I'm not out, but I don't want to run out either. I can't find Anasazi beans. The wholesaler is overwhelmed with orders & temp. not taking any on-line orders. Any time of the year I'd rather sew or read a book than clean house. I probably am spending more time on the web getting news updates & socializing. Thank goodness for this forum! ๐Ÿ˜Š
                      I just can't help asking, why Anasazi beans? just being nosey, lol
                      Lorie

Comment

• KPH
                        KPH commented
                        Editing a comment
                        https://www.anasazibeans.com/beans.html

I didn't know either. So I googled it.

• JCY
                        JCY commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Because those are the beans DH likes the best. They are grown in SW Colo. I used to be able to get them from Walmart, but they quit carrying them. My Kroger affiliated store usually carries them, but dry beans of any kind are hard to find right now with the shortages. (We have a high Hispanic pop. in our area.) I checked my supply, I have enough for a few more times. I cook up 3 lb. at a time & freeze them. DH eats these every night for supper.

• K. McEuen
                        K. McEuen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Anasazi beans are good, somewhat like a milder pinto bean.
                    Working...
                    X