Colorado now under state-wide mandate to stay at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado now under state-wide mandate to stay at home

Our governor held a news conf. this afternoon putting all of Colorado under a stay-at-home order until April 11. That date could be extended depending on circumstances. People are allowed to leave their homes for essentials like groceries or medical needs. I have a friend who gets dialysis 3 times a week. Our current C-19 cases are 1,085, with 19 deaths, & 140 people hospitalized. There is a considerable wait for ordering groc. on line, so I will venture out on an as-needed basis. The peak may not come for up to 3 wks. I don't think anyone really knows.

We are also under a stay-at-home order in Ohio. The business I work for has been designated as essential so I am working mostly from home. I go in on Mondays and on Friday mornings only. Today they called a meeting and informed all of us that company-wide, all salary associates will take a 50% pay cut for the month of April! They will reevaluate later to see if it needs to be extended beyond April. I'm still in shock. We will be OK but it will definitely have an impact. Since DH is disabled, he gets Social Security each month but it's not the same as working a regular job. There will be a lot of people struggling with this. We can only hope that things will get better quickly. You're right, Joy, that no one really knows.

Comment

One of the major grocery store chains in my area is putting in plexiglass at the checkout to help keep the cashiers safe. They don't want us bringing re-usable bags, either. I was "bag-shamed" at Fresh Thyme today because I missed the news announcement and brought my own bag. There was no signage anywhere in the store to indicate this. My cashier was nice enough about it, she said I would have to bag my own groceries because they can't touch the bag. The co-worker with her, though, was not happy and gave me a hard time. I'm sorry, I won't do it again! Honest!

We were told in a meeting we can expect to go back to working on site one day a week when the governor lifts the stay at home order. We will work from home the rest of the week.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        JulieC - these measures were put in place 2 weeks ago. You can bring own fabric bags, but expect to bag your groceries. They are not charging us .5 cents per plastic bag. Plexiglass have been installed in many store chains, along with tape on floor to distance people. I wash bags regularly.

Originally posted by JulieC View Post
      One of the major grocery store chains in my area is putting in plexiglass at the checkout to help keep the cashiers safe. They don't want us bringing re-usable bags, either. I was "bag-shamed" at Fresh Thyme today because I missed the news announcement and brought my own bag. There was no signage anywhere in the store to indicate this. My cashier was nice enough about it, she said I would have to bag my own groceries because they can't touch the bag. The co-worker with her, though, was not happy and gave me a hard time. I'm sorry, I won't do it again! Honest!

We were told in a meeting we can expect to go back to working on site one day a week when the governor lifts the stay at home order. We will work from home the rest of the week.
      Things change so fast it's hard to keep up with what's most current!

Comment

I've never really been a fan of bring your own bag anyway. It's disgusting how dirty some of them are. Pet dander (one of the checkers was allergic), dirty diapers, & all kinds of yuk. Colorado is attempting to pass legislation to ban plastic bags state wide. I've been saving mine just in case. We re-use them all the time for other things. I do have some cloth bags that I use for the natural grocers, where they banned plastic several yrs. ago. They don't even provide a paper bag, but they do have a bin of cardboard boxes.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I have noticed since plastic bags have been discouraged that many stores are providing paper bags. These are great as I use them for recycling food scraps.
          Joy - how are people using dirty bags? I cannot picture.

Originally posted by JCY View Post
        Our governor held a news conf. this afternoon putting all of Colorado under a stay-at-home order until April 11. That date could be extended depending on circumstances. People are allowed to leave their homes for essentials like groceries or medical needs. I have a friend who gets dialysis 3 times a week. Our current C-19 cases are 1,085, with 19 deaths, & 140 people hospitalized. There is a considerable wait for ordering groc. on line, so I will venture out on an as-needed basis. The peak may not come for up to 3 wks. I don't think anyone really knows.
        Except for my niece, who is a nurse in a nursing home. I worry about her.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Joy, are the grocery stores there providing early am hours for people over 60? Our Gov mandated that yesterday, but the stores in our area were already doing that for the past week.
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I have a friend who still lives in Broomfield with her three cats. She lives in a Mobile Home park and neighbors are closer there I think. Ah, reminds me to call my cousin in Wisconsin. She is in her 80's and lives by herself. but she usually walks 6.5 miles a day!! Everyone take care and fight boredom!!
            Ha , so far my home made grocery bags aren't dirty. One less thing to worry about.

Comment

Chelea ~ Yes, several of the stores are providing early hours for seniors, folks who are immune compromised, & pregnant women. But not every day of the week. It's really not convenient for me to go shopping at 7 a.m., so I try to get to the stores by 9 a.m. if I can. Today was the first day of the state-wide mandatory stay-at-home order. There definitely were fewer people in the stores & traffic was noticeably less. The checkers at Target wore masks & gloves. A new plexiglass shield had been installed between the checker & customer at Safeway.

Comment

I haven't been out in a couple of days. Mike was off and called in, so I worked in the sewing room. At least, I can get something accomplished in there.
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Last time I left the house was the 15th, and won't go again til about the first. Keep running out of milk.
                  TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• auntstuff
                    auntstuff commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I drink milk, and use it on cereal. The box stuff is ok for cooking, but tastes nasty. I use powdered for cooking too, but can't drink it.

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've been drinking soy milk for many years. I bought a case on my last visit to Vitamin Cottage. Wish I had remembered bulk yeast. I may have to order a larger amount than I need on line. I like vanilla ice cream in my coffee.

• auntstuff
                    auntstuff commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I prefer chocolate ice cream in my coffee. And REALLY can't handle soymilk
                Working...
                X