Hobby Lobby Still Is Open! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobby Lobby Still Is Open! :)

I just read an on-line article that for now Hobby Lobby is staying open. Fabric & quilting supplies will be available. Also craft items. So if you have a HL in your area, you still can shop.

Another article mentioned the possibility that domestic airline flights might be grounded. Stay tuned on that one.

All of our non essential stores in New York have been closed.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
      All of our non essential stores in New York have been closed.
      Washington too, effective in two days.

Comment

They are closing them down slowly per an article I just read.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I know people are bored or they want to make protective masks, but I don't think it's worth the extra risk to employees and customers to be shopping in fabric and craft stores right now. Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joann are way too understaffed to keep the store sanitized enough and serve all the people pouring in. These stores have been getting so crowded over the weekends (none of them are staffed like a grocery store) that no one practices social distancing.

There are some things essential to life like medicine and groceries, and we'll always have to go shopping for those, but fabric and crafts aren't essential and not worth the added exposure and spread of the virus.

I'm sticking to online ordering for fabric right now.

Comment

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment
            Shop for fabric??? I think I could last at least a year w/out shopping for fabric! I will be making masks, but just for family and the people MM works with.

Shop for fabric??? I think I could last at least a year w/out shopping for fabric! I will be making masks, but just for family and the people MM works with.

I wasn't really paying attention to how much I had until I decided on my new machine and my dd helping me clean the room out. I almost couldn't sleep thinking about what I was going to do first!
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I think I have enough for 3-5 years at least. Slowly moving through it.

Comment

Hobby Lobby here is limiting the number of people in the store at one time. So you might be met by a greeter telling you, I'm sorry, you'll have to wait until someone comes out. I didn't mind, but Mike walked into the door onto the opposite side entrance. The sun was in his eyes and he didn't realize it was locked.
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

All non-essential stores will be closing in Canada's 2 largest provinces, Ontario and Quebec, as of midnight tonight (Tuesday). This is necessary to manage the virus. It is clear that many people are not taking this virus seriously. It will be challenging for everyone but this is how we can best serve our country.

Many fabric chains had previously closed their doors last week & LQS had cut back hours. This is not a time to be shopping, except essentials such as food and medicine. I think I have enough fabric for 10 years at least.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Reminder: Hobby Lobby doesn't even offer paid sick leave to the vast majority of its employees; only store managers. Please don't put the hourly staff at risk.

Comment

I just had a man come to my door wanting to check my water to see if we qualify for a filter at no costs. he only had to come check the water at my kitchen sink. NOPE.not happening. my son was here and told no no thanks too. He took the hint. he was on one of those things you step on and it goes. no walking. offered me a ride on it. nope, not happening. Why in the world are they going door to door right now? So stupid. hope no one lets him in. nice young man but he's being put a risk also by going into homes. Oh well, he is gone. I ordered grocery pick up for Friday. I don't want to go inside unless I must. Wish all grocery workers could wear gloves. i want them safe too.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Report it. He could be scoping out the neighbourhood.

• JCY
                      JCY commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We don't answer our door to anyone we don't know. We have a peep hole in our front door so we can see anyone on the porch. We also have an intercom & can speak to the person if necessary. I definitely would report that. Sounds very suspicious to me.

• 201 Treadler
                      201 Treadler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unfortunately the scammers are also out in force visiting the self hibernators.
                      If in lock down no one other than, delivery people should be visiting, you can call the constabulary / police and neighbourhood watch to make aware.
                      If you do not have neighbourhood watch can post ( ironed to help against current germs ) cards through letter boxes to ask if want to be contacted when strangers are about.
                      Am sure Police would be very interested.
                      Best to report suspicious activity straight away too.
                      The mental heath issues caused to the not so agile generation by these wrongful visitor folk who gain access on false pretense in my opinion is to high a price.

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
                    I just had a man come to my door wanting to check my water to see if we qualify for a filter at no costs. he only had to come check the water at my kitchen sink. NOPE.not happening. my son was here and told no no thanks too. He took the hint. he was on one of those things you step on and it goes. no walking. offered me a ride on it. nope, not happening. Why in the world are they going door to door right now? So stupid. hope no one lets him in. nice young man but he's being put a risk also by going into homes. Oh well, he is gone. I ordered grocery pick up for Friday. I don't want to go inside unless I must. Wish all grocery workers could wear gloves. i want them safe too.
                    I did grocery pick up yesterday, but I don't drive and use it all the time. the weird thing was my shopper and I have become friendly and doing the distance thing was awkward.😶

I was supposed to go for a checkup today but the doc is doing phone appointments.
                    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Working...
                    X