Seems like a reasonable idea to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a reasonable idea to me...

Here in Connecticut (for those outside the US, we're sandwiched between New York City and Boston), our governor has issued an Executive Order declaring that all "non-essential" businesses be closed as of tomorrow evening until the danger of COVID-19 has passed. There's a list of "essential businesses" that will remain open, such as grocery stores and gas stations, so we're able to get the things we need.

Sadly, fabric stores and quilt shops did not make the "essential businesses" list; however, liquor stores did. I told my 24-year-old son that I fail to understand how liquor stores could be deemed more essential than fabric stores. His response: "Just call JoAnn's, Mom, and tell them to take their inventory to the nearest package store..."

Smart kid! ๐Ÿ˜„

That is so funny! Thanks for making me laugh.

Comment

Well, I guess alcohol does kill germs. LOL
      Bonnie Hunter (or was it Alex Anderson?) said that quilters have been prepared a long time to be shut in and forced to sew.
      Stay safe and keep your sanity. This, too, will pass.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

That's a good one!
        Katrina

โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€
        โ€• Maya Angelou

Comment

That's funny. Essential. Hm.
          But somehow I just can't picture you going into a liquor store, even to pick up a fabric order!
          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
            That's funny. Essential. Hm.
            But somehow I just can't picture you going into a liquor store, even to pick up a fabric order!
            Quite so, Libby! I quit drinking alcohol 42 years ago - haven't missed it.

Comment

Stores will be closing today. Our liquor and pot stores will remain open, because there are many people who need to feed their addictions. I think leaders fear public unrest.

I always thought that quilting and fabric accumulation was an addiction. Haha

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                Stores will be closing today. Our liquor and pot stores will remain open, because there are many people who need to feed their addictions. I think leaders fear public unrest.

I always thought that quilting and fabric accumulation was an addiction. Haha
                Abso-bloomin'-lutely! ๐Ÿ˜„

Comment

Working...
                X