A Woman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Woman....

I just signed on since Bob passed, I'm reading all your beautiful messages, saying thank you, doesn't seam to say enough in how much this has meant to me,
    I will try to write each of you, but if I inadvertently leave some one out please forgive me. I've never had this kind of support ever in my life, it has taken me back by the outpouring of concern and kindness.

To tell you the truth, I really didn't think very many would care, and I was wrong!! Your loving hands have given a uplifting I needed so much. I have so much to do, as many of you have gone the same route, your suggestions are welcomed, and useful. I can't wait for the day to finally come when I can get into the sewing room, sewing & quilting has always been a refuge for me, it consoles me. It give me time to talk to God. But it will have to wait for some time till I get in there. I'm doing a lone star in cross stitch when I sit on the couch, and yes I talk to God doing it... Bless each and every one of you! I cry... because you have come to mean so much to me. My heart is touched by you... thank you, I may have to write now & then because I get so frustrated forgive me...Love Kathryn
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Each one of us is important, and that includes you. When one of is in pain, I think we all feel it and wish that there was something concrete that we could do to help ease the pain. I wish I could put my arms around you and give you a hug, but I can't. All I can do is pray that you will find comfort and someone to guide you through the next steps. Stay strong and keep talking to God.....
    Barbara

Comment

I'll ditto Barbara B's comment!

I threw myself into my quilting and SS projects after Howard passed. Sometimes, we just need to keep our hands busy and out of our own heads.
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

So glad you came here to get the support you need at this time. Yes there is a lot to do but, also some things that can wait till later. Take it easy and just do what you can. It will all fall in place in time. Just an adjustment to your new life. I sent you my phone # if you have a need to call someone. Hugs to you from afar

Comment

Kathryn, I'm glad you understand that you can always turn to this forum for support, and that you will always find a listening ear -- or several -- when you need to vent. So many are concerned about you.

Comment

That's what's so wonderful about this forum we are a group who care and if one of us is going through difficult times or a loss we can all relate in one way or another, so we reach out to each other.

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Really good advice given ... take a breathe and relax ... God will hold you in His hands and get you through this time ...

Comment

Dear, dear friend, We hold you in prayer and know that we are here for you. Please be gentle with yourself - this is a time to remember to breathe (ask me how I know) and take time to do what also nourishes your soul. We're here for you
                Last edited by EsGrandma; March 21st, 2020, 09:33 AM. Reason: Needed to edit because we are already praying for you

Comment

Please keep in touch. I know i'm not the only one who has been worried about you.
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with what's been said. No one here is alone in anything that happens to them. All you (we) have to do is reach out. There's been more than 1 thing or another that's brought pain & sadness to my life & the folks here have lifted me up. Kathryn, you are never alone here. Gina

Comment

I agree with Gina, you are never alone. We all here on the forum care about you and each other and I am glad our virtual hugs offered you a smidgen of comfort.

Comment

Your words are beautiful in your time of pain and sorrow. Please stay in touch here on the boards and let us know when you need a hug. While we may walk in different shoes and walk a different path in life, we have a connection with each other. May you be wrapped in a warm quilt hug.

Comment

I wish I had been a forum member when I was widowed in 2007...it is just what I needed. So happy to hear your are finding comfort and support. Hugs
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Right you are. God and Forum will walk with you.

Comment

Working...
                            X