Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing anything unusual during the lock down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing anything unusual during the lock down?

Besides sewing, watching TV or ??
    I'm teaching myself to make jewelry. I bought some various pliers and some wires, beads and stuff. Watching YouTube for lessons.
    Learning my camera I haven't touched since I bought it.

Okay this one is the unusual one. I'm doing the let's see if this really works in a week Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair. I started on Monday and use it twice a day along with a nightly moisturizer. I put up a dish towel over the mirror and haven't looked at myself since. lol

Are you weirder than me?๐Ÿ˜œ
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"โ€• Dalai Lama XIV

Yes, Lorie!! I am trying to teach myself to crochet more than baby blankets & strings to attachment the 100's of mittens I purchase when on sale and donate to the local charities in my area each year!! My MIL used to make this huge crochet chain (she would double crochet a length (she actually gave me the lengths for the chain, for babies, toddlers, kids 5-8. and she showed me how to attach even purchased gloves to those chains (so the kids wouldn't lose their mittens)
    I just want to try to learn something different, maybe making some stocking caps, etc.
    There's this little kid (10-11 yrs old ...I think) who has a YouTube channel and he taught himself to crochet and he is amazing and a wonderful teacher as well.

His name is Jonah, and he was adopted by a couple in Minnesota (I think). Anyway, this little guy is so fun to watch, and he is an amazing teacher!
    His name is Jonah Larsen :
    Here's a link to his YouTube channel if yo are interested :
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4h...-CnivMueIb4C0Q

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have an exclusive date with a paint brush. The outside window trim and garage door is dark blue. I'm painting them all white so it takes two coats. Up and down on the ladder to do this so it is considered exercise in my book.

Then I will start on a dinosaur quilt for dear grandson.

Comment

We have been staying in, except for daily walks which is something we always said we would do, but didn't. we also have been doing our own housecleaning since our cleaning lady & family are sick, and DH won't let her back til this is all over.

I have gone back to my sewing room following a slump after quilt retreat. I am tackling small quilts for donation and will work at quilting the pile of finished tops. Keeping in touch with friends by phone.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Not really unusual, but started spring cleaning. So far bathroom and kitchen are finished. Only dining room and 4 bedrooms to go. Staying home/inside has given me the nudge to get it done.
          Nancy

Comment

I've been doing more housecleaning over the last month. I figured it was the "nesting" urges of Spring. Yesterday I started on getting my yard organized for Spring plantings. I took a rest from sewing/quilting because I had done so much getting ready for the April 4 Craft fair that was cancelled last week. My brain needs a different workout for the moment.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I got the tax info ready to file earlier than usual....that's unusual for me! LOL! I'm riding along more with DH when he goes out to get parts, etc. I guess I'm trying to help fill the void left by Jake's passing. He went everywhere with DH. Otherwise, everything is pretty usual here.
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Not too unusual but I probably wouldn't have tackled this in normal times...I took apart an entire quilt top over the past 2 days.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Nothing any different than usual. I stay pretty isolated as a rule anyway.
                  TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

yesterday steamed everything in sight, even curtains got a blasted, thankfully had sun safety glasses on, so when feel up to it will steam everything missed, today am a little over done, so will potter over to sewing machine for daily exorcise, may include a few stitches too, Happy International quilting weekend, may your seams be straight and your stitches tensioned, have a great day, t

Comment

Decided to organize my massive hoard of fabric. I have my fabric separated by color in plastic bins. I just started on the blues,
                      ironing all of it, cutting to 10 inch squares, 5 inch, 2 1/2 inch strips, and finally scraps. It wasn't getting used sitting in a pile in the bins.
                      I have also precut fabric for 4 quilts. My husband and I have walked everyday. Hulamoon- I used rapid wrinkle repair too!

Comment

Originally posted by laura44 View Post
                        Decided to organize my massive hoard of fabric. I have my fabric separated by color in plastic bins. I just started on the blues,
                        ironing all of it, cutting to 10 inch squares, 5 inch, 2 1/2 inch strips, and finally scraps. It wasn't getting used sitting in a pile in the bins.
                        I have also precut fabric for 4 quilts. My husband and I have walked everyday. Hulamoon- I used rapid wrinkle repair too!
                        Am I going to see a difference when I look in the mirror on monday๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I had a nice surprise today. My youngest dd stopped by before her hair appt and cleaned out my whole storage room with all my fabric. We tossed and organized and talked about her eloping. It was a fun day!
                        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"โ€• Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Spring cleaning a little every day. Polishing silverware. Quilting a little every day. Generally trying to unclutter every room. Limiting myself to not reading more than 5 articles a day about covid-19 which is hard, I am such a news junkie. Requested absentee ballots for Wis April 7th primary. We hardly leave the house which I am jokingly calling "the compound." Now that gas is SO cheap, $1.86/gal we can't go anywhere! I need to wash outside windows but waiting for temp to get out of the teens. Good thing I didn't buy Easter candy early for the GKs or it would all be gone by now!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Our gas has dropped from $1.20/litre to .69/litre. We took a drive out to the country the other day. We don't need to go to restaurant. When the nice weather arrives, we could also being a picnic. Going to try to do simple things my parents did when I was little.

As a health care professional, I'm still working full time and then some. My weekend excitement has been doing the early morning grocery shopping (during "seniors hour") and filing our taxes. Oh, and I baked a carrot cake. Tomorrow afternoon, the gals that I go on retreat with have scheduled a virtual happy hour via Zoom. Hope we can figure out the technology so we can all see and hear each other.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you for the service you provide and will be called to provide for your fellow Americans. God bless and take care of yourself.

We have let our vegetable gardens go fallow over the last few years. We are on a community well, and the price of water was more than the cost of purchasing our produce at the big farm stand.
                          Over the last two weekends we have cleaned out the beds and planted the onions, garlic, and will get the peas in soon.
                          Tomorrow morning Eric will spray the fruit trees for peach leaf curl and apple maggots. (Yuck!) While he does that, I'll go weed and prune the raspberry canes. I'm not sure if we have ever been this far ahead in the gardening at this point in the year.
                          Eric & our son put up the extension to the chicken coop run. We have a bit more fence to stretch on the garden side and that will be ready to keep the hens from destroying the buck pasture.
                          We are expecting the rains to roll in on Sunday evening, then I'll be working on inside stuff. The bathroom & kitchen need to have the painting finished.
                          Once that is done, I WILL get some of this fabric dealt with. I have 2 other quilters' stashes to deal with. Well meaning people brought them to me, and I had grand plans. Now it needs to go. I'll cut some down for pillowcases for the after school sewing class (for whenever we return) and it looks like we may be called to sew masks for the hospitals & first responders. I'd gladly donate it to that cause!
                          I guess not too weird. Just stuff we haven't done in awhile.
                          Oh, and the bread machine is up and running too!
                          Last edited by toggpine; March 21, 2020, 10:09 PM. Reason: Grammar police!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• bubba
                            bubba commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Any baby goats yet??

• toggpine
                            toggpine commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No. We won't have kids until July.
                            We had some family stuf with the grandparents going on. I wasn't sure if we were even going to breed anyone this year. I wanted some milk for cheese, so I bred one doe.
                        Working...
                        X