Distance is difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance is difficult

My father-in-law, Dwayne 95, is in Wichita, KS, in a care home. He has dementia and well cared for. Unfortunately he has had many falls in the past year, requiring ER visit a few times. We got word that he fell last night and is at ER. Normally this wouldn't be too much concern, but there is a good chance he may have broken hip, and could come in contact with Covid-19. We have always been on alert this past year, should we need to make a quick trip if he should pass. Now this would be out of the question. Canadians are not advised to travel, and it would be risky health wise for us.

Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Suzanne, I’ll keep all of you in my prayers. This is/will be a tough time for so many. Love and hugs.
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Suzanne, prayers for you and your family. Anita, you're right as this is a tough time for more than a few people. Gina

Comment

Lifting prayers.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

sending prayers,

Comment

sending prayers Suzanne

Comment

Special thoughts for you and your family. Perhaps a face time chat would be an option. It’s not quite the same as a visit but may be a way to chat with him.

Comment

Sending prayers.

Comment

Prayers. A couple of events happening at many of the hospitals is a fever and symptom check before anyone is able to walk in the door. Plus elective surgeries are being cancelled so there are few people who are around the hospital and hospitals are limiting the number of people who can even enter the building. So hopefully, this will help cut down on his chances of being exposed to the virus.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to everyone during these trying times.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Update - Dwayne was released from hospital. DH's niece took pictures. His face and head are all bruised, and needed some stitches. It almost looks like he was punched, but then again falls can cause similar bruising. We're not going to think the worst of it. We will talk with his niece hopefully today and reach the home. Since he has dementia and forgets to use his walker, falls have been a common occurrence this past year. It is difficult to assess possible concussion.

Your continued prayers are appreciated. Thank you.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                        Simply Quilting commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for the update. Continued prayers for him.

• KPH
                        KPH commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was just thinking about him today. I'm glad you posted an update.

It is hard enough when family members live so far away but under these circumstances even more of a worry. I am glad he has family nearby to keep you in the loop. Thinking of you as you wait for more news.

Comment

Working...
                      X